PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Dolphins Post Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of leadership has doomed the 2009 Patriots

These guys were playing decent early in the season against the bad teams, but as the playoffs near you could see more and more of no on field leadership and youth failing at adjusting to the pro ranks.

No Bruschi,No Harrison,No Vrabel,No Seymour =

NO chance

Unless this team finds a leader on both offense and defense this team is mediocre at best and it won't improve if at all until next season..too late for trading players.

One and Done should be expected at best...and that is only if they win one game on the road which they will need to to make it in the tournament.

Last edited:
At least we can fly under the radar now. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I'm blaming BB...
His coaches
His players
His scheme
4th and 1, no FG

Chad Henne beat this team....enough said

Last edited:
this team has been exposed, we will face 4 wides the remainder of the year. No one will even try to run on us. the next 4 QBs will be all pro caliber after they face our dbacks. I am usually not negative, but this is the worst I have seen since Pete Carroll days.

Re: To all the "True" fans, am I allowed to feel this team has issues yet???

We have no PASS RUSH!!!

Its more than no pass rush

offense cant convert 3rd downs and defense cant get off 3rd downs

second half adjustments are brutal. brady trying to hard to get Moss his catches. hell brady doesnt even look like he is interested anymore.

I TOLD YOU SO. PATS = PAST.

IT'S ALL ON BB again and again. We made a lot of mistakes on offensive and defensive sides. When TB had a chance to score, he didn't do it.

11-5 with Cassel on last year.

Will we have better record with TB , Moss, and Welker in this season? I don't think so. It's UNREAL.

We clearly didn't play with intensity in this game. WE DESERVED TO LOOSE THIS GAME AND THIS SEASON.

PATS = PAST.

1st Quarter = good
rest of the game = beyond belief

Why? Once you take Welker out of the game Brady is like a deer in head lights. Moss just doesn't do it against double coverage like he did in 2007. One play he was focusing on hitting the defender rather then trying to catch the ball. I think he's missing the point. At least Aiken tries to go up and get it.

lame my stream died at the 2 min warning, and than i found out we lose, god i hope this team pulls it together come playoffs

Playoffs, playoffs...
Let's pray they can actually make it

They put it in cruise control after going up 14-0.

miami has allowd 134 pts in the 4th quarter..worst in the league and we got shutout ?

No comments. Unfortunately, I have lost confidence in this team to think rationally at this point in time.:mad:

Disgusting, gutless, pathetic, infuriating. Mistake full football at it's finest.

I will gladly donate part of my paycheck to Robert Kraft to aid in the hiring of a OC and DC who does not have thier head stuck up their a$s.

pathetic. maroney was running hard and then we completely abandon that ..its pathetic that 11-5 last year with cassell as we had more balance and now we try to do what we did in '07 with Brady back and we fall flat. the defense blows.. and we dont realize that any trend in the NFL gets picked up on. our spread ..eventually got shut down. the wild cat ...eventually got shutdown. u gotta mix it up every week/every year or else teams will stop u

took you this long? I knew the team had issues before the season started. I knew they would miss seymour, but they had to make that trade.

no pass rush allows even weaker QB's to throw strikes

beyond that, the team never plays with any urgency, and are the least physical team on the field every week

Yup, as soon as the Seymour trade happened, I predicted that this team would lose a lot of close games and wouldn't be elite. Naturally, I was almost run off the board for daring to express such an opinion. Anyways, all you geniuses who were wondering what I was smoking- are you starting to understand that young seconday + no pass rush = screwed? The only way we were going to remain top-tier this year was if Brady threw 40+ TDs again, and that was always too much to ask of him.

brees just marched the saints for a TD with less than 2 mins left...:mad:

Re: Lack of leadership has doomed the 2009 Patriots

These guys were playing decent early in the season against the bad teams, but as the playoffs near you could see more and more of no on field leadership and youth failing at adjusting to the pro ranks.

NO chance

Unless this team finds a leader on both offense and defense this team is mediocre at best and it won't improve if at all until next season..too late for trading players.
Brady used to be a leader. Not any more. Four chances to win it in the 4th quarter: int in end zone from teh 5, overthrows Aiken on a sure TD, overthrows Welker open down the middle, int.

Last edited:
Re: Lack of leadership has doomed the 2009 Patriots

NO chance

One and Done should be expected at best...and that is only if they win one game on the road which they will need to to make it in the tournament.

Nail, meet hammer. Most of the smart, tough veterans from the SB years are gone. Knew this would happen before the season even started.

Last edited:

Look at the bright side though guys, the Redskins are choking *almost* as badly as we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back