PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Broncos postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats were simply great !!!

thanks for another great night New England Patriots !!!

Ok so I've read on forums that BB and the Pats care classless for having Brady punt the ball. These same idiots would have complained if we ran or continued to throw the ball I'm sure. Anything we do when we have a big lead is classless, I've heard it no matter what we do. God, I ******* hate people.

It was actually a pretty cool way to burn some clock. I'm sure that didn't occur to these fools and they thought the Pats were just doing cute stuff for ****s and giggles.:rolleyes:

It's not even the first time we've done it.

Someone posted before the game a youtube of Pats highlights this season but I can't find it! :(

Anyone else saw it?

no slept at all...but...no problem at all...a GREAT WIN !

I'm gonna watch the game again right now ! :D

Big question. how in he world do you have a scout team attempt to play the Patriot way...teams just don't have the personnel for that. Maybe you have to add an additional offensive somewhere to stress the defense so?

Ok so I've read on forums that BB and the Pats care classless for having Brady punt the ball. These same idiots would have complained if we ran or continued to throw the ball I'm sure. Anything we do when we have a big lead is classless, I've heard it no matter what we do. God, I ******* hate people.

LOL! So it's classless now to NOT try to score when you're up 35?

The punt was the perfect call. It was a "let's stay safe and get this thing over with" play.

LOL! So it's classless now to NOT try to score when you're up 35?

The punt was the perfect call. It was a "let's stay safe and get this thing over with" play.

A bit of trolling by Bill but I loved it.

...or rather, without a player listed on their roster as a running back.
Right because they ran the ball on a lot of them

Seriously how can punting the ball make a team classless, it doesn't make any sense unless your a hater to begin with and are looking for any little thing to biotch about.

Best performance of the season to date, hope they are still peaking.

Just disappointed in the RB's other than Woodhead. The OL was dominating tonight BJGE and Ridley should have gashed that D themselves. And then of course the fumble
Best performance in a decade not just this season.

God, I ******* hate people.

As much as you piss me off as the ultimate fairweather fan now i am just starting to feel sorry for you as a human being. You should really seek professional help.

Seriously

What I'm really proud off is the 14 negative plays the defense forced. These guys really stepped up.

Also, did anyone else notice the 90% empty red seats?

What a jaw dropping performance, balanced attack(34 pass play, 30 rush plays)
O-line, special teams(huge), RB's, receiving, QB, coverage, pressure, it was all flat out amazing.

really impressed with the defense playing like rabid animals out there, swarming the ball, hitting, tackling. I'm still amped up, lol.

This team continues to play better under pressure, hope to see it continue.

EDIT: 1 flaw, TB's INT but as Deion Sanders put it "he was just showing us he's human"
still not sure if I agree with that;)

Last edited:
With the Broncos coming in on short rest after an emotional win, I wanted to see the Pats come out in the hurry-up and wear down that D from the get-go. I got what I asked for and then some. What an awesome performance by the offense. The byproduct of the offense scoring at will was also forcing the ill-equipped Broncos to air the ball out to catch up. Of course it didn't help Tebow that the D came to play like in no other game this year. Fourteen or fifteen negative plays? That's unbelievable. Other thoughts:

- The Broncos did a good job on Gronk in the December game, only to get eaten alive by Hernandez. Seems like this time they played them both more straight up and still got killed by them both. Matchup nightmares, these two.

- I don't care if Vollmer is a better run blocker than Solder. The Pats' bread-and-butter is throwing the ball and I like Solder in at RT for that job. He and Light had a great game the other night, keeping Miller and Dumerville away from Brady. More of that and nobody is stopping this offense.

- The Pats D pulled things together in the December game after switching to a 3-4, so obviously they were starting the game in that formation. That Denver had not even the slightest answer for it in two games speaks volumes on Denver's coaching.

I hope the Pats continue the no-huddle starts against Baltimore (and beyond... :crossesfingers: ) to get those defenders huffing and puffing as soon as possible. The Pats have looked their best all season when doing so and have looked lethargic at times when they come out huddling after each play. Knocking Baltimore back on its heels is key, minimizing Ray Rice's influence on the game and forcing it into Flacco's hands. The 2009 playoff game was a script on how everything that could go wrong did: Ray Rice running wild, turning the ball over and giving Baltimore short fields, getting down big to that D, letting Flacco (4-for-10 that day) off the hook. No way that happens again. Not with this Pats team.

Regards,
Chris

With the Broncos coming in on short rest after an emotional win, I wanted to see the Pats come out in the hurry-up and wear down that D from the get-go. I got what I asked for and then some. What an awesome performance by the offense. The byproduct of the offense scoring at will was also forcing the ill-equipped Broncos to air the ball out to catch up. Of course it didn't help Tebow that the D came to play like in no other game this year. Fourteen or fifteen negative plays? That's unbelievable. Other thoughts:

- The Broncos did a good job on Gronk in the December game, only to get eaten alive by Hernandez. Seems like this time they played them both more straight up and still got killed by them both. Matchup nightmares, these two.

- I don't care if Vollmer is a better run blocker than Solder. The Pats' bread-and-butter is throwing the ball and I like Solder in at RT for that job. He and Light had a great game the other night, keeping Miller and Dumerville away from Brady. More of that and nobody is stopping this offense.

- The Pats D pulled things together in the December game after switching to a 3-4, so obviously they were starting the game in that formation. That Denver had not even the slightest answer for it in two games speaks volumes on Denver's coaching.

I hope the Pats continue the no-huddle starts against Baltimore (and beyond... :crossesfingers: ) to get those defenders huffing and puffing as soon as possible. The Pats have looked their best all season when doing so and have looked lethargic at times when they come out huddling after each play. Knocking Baltimore back on its heels is key, minimizing Ray Rice's influence on the game and forcing it into Flacco's hands. The 2009 playoff game was a script on how everything that could go wrong did: Ray Rice running wild, turning the ball over and giving Baltimore short fields, getting down big to that D, letting Flacco (4-for-10 that day) off the hook. No way that happens again. Not with this Pats team.

Regards,
Chris

I agree with everything you said, except for the part about Denver's coaching. Yes it was stupid to keep running the option after it was clear it wasn't working. But the reason they didn't have an answer to our 3-4 was because of Tebow's inability to throw consistently, not because they are too stupid to figure out what we were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back