PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Bills post game gloom and doom thread.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the season over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills O scored 27 points on the Patriots D. Brady had a pick returned for the winning margin.
This loss in on the arena ball O.

You might want to think that one through.

Well for one this team is not even half as good as the 2010 patriots. Two, if you look at the schedule, the next 6 are definitive L's with the play/talent/coaching of the current pats unless there is a drastic change.

I'm fairly sure the Patriots are not going to be without Vollmer, Chung, Haynesworth, Dowling, Price, and Hernandez for the next six weeks.

Did Sanders/Meriweather make McCourty look good, despite the fact that people trashed both safeties?

Obviously it appears that without chung, merri, and sanders....its affected McCorty's play consistently. Maybe having chung and dowling in there today would have helped. But it seems apparent that Mccourty will need a lot of support to elevate his play...sergio looked lost alot out there and arrington was hot and cold....

meh.. today just reminded me of the colts a bit. If we dont have brady or brady has an off game its like we cant compete. Our defence never steps up and i feel like giving away my McCourty jersey, he SUCKS this year like BAD..

Yeah we went 11-5 with cassel but dude imagine cassel with this d we'd be lucky to go 5-11. Brady is our team and any1 that flames him and says he should be benched should be shot and are bandwagon fans. 2 of his ints were unlucky, the other ones were good reads since we only throw to welker and gronk cuz ocho is a fkin twitter faaggot loser.

Obviously it appears that without chung, merri, and sanders....its affected McCorty's play consistently. Maybe having chung and dowling in there today would have helped. But it seems apparent that Mccourty will need a lot of support to elevate his play...sergio looked lost alot out there and arrington was hot and cold....

They've had Chung, Dowling, Sanders and Meriweather over the course of the exhibition and regular seasons, and none of it has helped McCourty. He's just playing poorly right now.

BB is to blame. We don't have any one to rely on when Brady stinks. We need a game changing RB. Might be Ridley but BJGE is just a decent and disciplined back on a great pass offense. A deep threat WR would be nice but it's just a luxury because we can survive without them.
On the pass offense, we have play makers like Gronk, Welker, Hernandez and Brady...with a very good OLine.
On defense, it's a different story. Wilfork and Mayo have been good but not excellent. Chung is very solid and I think he would develop into a star. McCourty would be fine but we need to improve out pass rush. BB has been unable to address this issue. I'm yet to see the benefit of dumping McGowan, Sanders and Meriweather. Brown and Barett would never be as nice.
Defense wins championships and we haven't had a stemmed defense in a long time

You know u make a good point regarding needing a deep threat wide receiver. I was shocked that welk and gronk got so many receptions today. Obviously ocho and branch did enough as decoys. But ocho is a JAG here.at best. Nobody considers ocho a threat anymore...or at least for us. We need at least one deep threat elite receiver on this team...

As this thread was started DURING the game I changed the thread title

Here is the simple problem with this team: The defense isn't stopping anybody and if Brady has a bad game (like today) they have zero chance of winning.

I did not hear Branch's name once and Ochinco is Galloway 2.0 He needs to be cut and pats should sign Moss. Eff how desperate that move looks. You cannot have Welker being Brady's only target now that teams are going to start to double Gronkowski.

Moss ain't coming back man. In his own words "Im done". Not sure if BB will get rid of ocho...I would doubt it. I would like to see price in there...at least get a chance:....

You know u make a good point regarding needing a deep threat wide receiver. I was shocked that welk and gronk got so many receptions today. Obviously ocho and branch did enough as decoys. But ocho is a JAG here.at best. Nobody considers ocho a threat anymore...or at least for us. We need at least one deep threat elite receiver on this team...

A deep threat WR does not win us this game. Brady not throwing 4 picks would have won us this game. Utilizing the run game to run out more clock and holding on to the ball would have won us the game. The defense being able to make a stop when it matters would have won us this game.

As for the mights - Less penalties might have won us this game. Having Hernandez to throw to instead of Edelman 'might' have won us this game. Letting Jackson score instead of tackling him at the 1 might have won us the game. All of the things mentioned above are much more likely to have helped win the game. A deep threat receiver wasn't the problem here.

A deep threat WR does not win us this game. Brady not throwing 4 picks would have won us this game. Utilizing the run game to run out more clock and holding on to the ball would have won us the game. The defense being able to make a stop when it matters would have won us this game.

As for the mights - Less penalties might have won us this game. Having Hernandez to throw to instead of Edelman 'might' have won us this game. Letting Jackson score instead of tackling him at the 1 might have won us the game. All of the things mentioned above are much more likely to have helped win the game. A deep threat receiver wasn't the problem here.

You are right. Their problems today had more to do with ABANDONING the run game....stupid O playcalling....and horrible defense...

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

this defense is awful regardless of what any one wants to say to try and defend it they lost the game after brady tied it..........

While the defense sucks royally, look no further than Brady for the loss.

meh.. today just reminded me of the colts a bit. If we dont have brady or brady has an off game its like we cant compete. Our defence never steps up and i feel like giving away my McCourty jersey, he SUCKS this year like BAD..

Yeah we went 11-5 with cassel but dude imagine cassel with this d we'd be lucky to go 5-11. Brady is our team and any1 that flames him and says he should be benched should be shot and are bandwagon fans. 2 of his ints were unlucky, the other ones were good reads since we only throw to welker and gronk cuz ocho is a fkin twitter faaggot loser.

You know, can't condone the language, but to sum it up, I agree about Ocho. Bruschi was right. GTFO Ocho!!

Does the poll at the top really ask if the season is "over"?

Guys it's week friggin 3:rolleyes:

Check with us next week after Oakland beats the doors off of us. You think they are running on the jets today? Oakland will set records next week. A rare two game slide in the BB era will give way to multiple consecutive losses.

Check with us next week after Oakland beats the doors off of us. You think they are running on the jets today? Oakland will set records next week. A rare two game slide in the BB era will give way to multiple consecutive losses.

So at 2-2 then the season would be over? There will be some 1-3/0-4 teams next week that would love to be sitting at 2-2.

I will check back with you around week 14 and give an opinion on the season being "over".

When did we get all these trolls all of a sudden...might as will give up guys and not play anymore game..we lost a game...can't believe we didn't go 16-0. Brady should be traded...BB should leave...unreal

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

I hope this defense gets ******* chewed out.

Belichick is the one who needs to be chewed out. Its his fault that he cut 3 safeties before the season started...no coincidence that safety is officially our worst position.

I was going to post a serious response, but I see that BendButDontBreak37 made my case far more eloquently than I could.

Last edited:
No gloom and doom from me. You can build an elite team for sure, but you just aren't going to build a team so good that you can throw four INTs and win. Look at it this way, we were good enough that despite that those it was still a close game. The Pats had some bad luck and played badly, of course they didn't win.

I thought Belichick's response to the question about the changing nature of defense in the NFL was interesting. He basically just said that you need to score more than the other team. The better offenses can put up 30+ points on anyone. That doesn't mean every defense sucks. It does mean your offense better be able to score. Our offense can, they just gave the Bills some free points today, and that was the difference. Having a dominant defense is just impossible these days. Whose defense do you want, the Jets? They got run all over and gave up over thirty today too. That's just how it is.

OMG we're DOOMED:eek:
Brady sucks its official!!!

They need to hang Bellichek then cut every player except for Gronk and Welker and start over.:p

just kidding, i'm just concerned about the defense. Have the rules of the game done this much damage or does the pats D really suck this bad? seems like a lot of defenses are struggling.
just curious:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes