PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Bills post game gloom and doom thread.

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is the season over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ausbacker

TB12
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This defense is putrid.

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

I hope this defense gets ******* chewed out.

Re: Defense? What defense!!!

this defense is awful regardless of what any one wants to say to try and defend it they lost the game after brady tied it..........

Official Pats-Bills postgame show/thread

I expect this will turn ugly quickly.

I expect this will turn ugly quickly.

Definitely not over but, I've said it before if McCourty is still a Pat in the post season it will be a short post season.

If anyone actually thinks the season is over at 2-1 then that person is an idiot.

Definitely not over but, I've said it before if McCourty is still playing like this in the post season it will be a short post season.

Maybe now it's accurate.

If anyone actually thinks the season is over at 2-1 then that person is an idiot.

Agree.

If nothing changes after Thanksgiving, then it's trouble.

After Brady throws a Pick...

Is anyone else disturbed at Brady's lack of effort to make a tackle? I only seen one angle on the pick 6, but it looked like he had no interest in attempting to make a tackle.

Horrible D, especially from the big play safeties and awful turnovers from Brady, not to mention the drop by 85.

Hopefully a kick up the.... and a reaction to this next week.

Big play safeties? I couldn't even guess which safeties will end up playing most. We have all special teamers bak ther, as far as i can tell. Plus, we're fairly ordinary without Haynesworth. It's early and Buff is pumped and playing well. Games like this at the end of the season are more of a concern, not that we shouldn't have won, though.

I seriously don't see us going anywhere without an upgrade at safety. A good safety would make McCourty look much better imo.

Someone please explain it to me. I just don't get it. When a guy with a known pedigree for defense has had several seasons to build this defense while each year ticks away on the Brady clock and this is what we get. Why does the defense continually suck. At first, it was because they were old, then they were too young and rebuilding. I believe the Pats should be at the point where the defense is actually suppose to be good, if at least average. Why then do they seem to have gotten worse from even last year? I'm trying to find the silver-lining. I'm not worried about Brady or the offense one bit, but I'm beginning to think that McCourty is way overrated and even Mayo a little bit. Can someone please talk me away from the cliff?

Well done to the Bills on a very good victory today.

We stunk it up. But they hung in there and got a great win.

The Woody INT was a turning point in the game. Could easily have been 24-7 or 28-7 at the half, instead 21-10.

One other thing to consider with time running out at the end. Ocho's big drop for a TD was at the 8:18 mark of the 4th quarter. Welker would eventually crack the end zone over 4 and a half minutes later, with 3:33 left in the game. That drop didn't affect the score but did affect the amount of time we'd have at the end of the game.

McCourty gave up the outside routes all the time and I'm not sure why, but it's clear there was little to no safety help most of the time for him and Bodden. Barrett also made 3 of the worst attempts at tackles I've seen since Cromartie was a Charger. Need some safety help here.

Last edited:
Someone please explain it to me. I just don't get it. When a guy with a known pedigree for defense has had several seasons to build this defense while each year ticks away on the Brady clock and this is what we get. Why does the defense continually suck. At first, it was because they were old, then they were too young and rebuilding. I believe the Pats should be at the point where the defense is actually suppose to be good, if at least average. Why then do they seem to have gotten worse from even last year? I'm trying to find the silver-lining. I'm not worried about Brady or the offense one bit, but I'm beginning to think that McCourty is way overrated and even Mayo a little bit. Can someone please talk me away from the cliff?

It's game three, they're 2-1. My only concern is, they have no talent at safety. Other than that, the D has some new parts and coming together in Dec is what counts. Defense is about coordination, it takes a while.

It's game three, they're 2-1. My only concern is, they have no talent at safety. Other than that, the D has some new parts and coming together in Dec is what counts. Defense is about coordination, it takes a while.

Maybe if they'd had Chung. . . .

Big play safeties? I couldn't even guess which safeties will end up playing most. We have all special teamers bak ther, as far as i can tell. Plus, we're fairly ordinary without Haynesworth. It's early and Buff is pumped and playing well. Games like this at the end of the season are more of a concern, not that we shouldn't have won, though.

I seriously don't see us going anywhere without an upgrade at safety. A good safety would make McCourty look much better imo.
Did Sanders/Meriweather make McCourty look good, despite the fact that people trashed both safeties?

It ain't over till I say it's over! We let em off the hook! The Pats will play their hearts out against the Raiders next week!

I wouldn't put a whole lot of this on Brady. 4 picks is a horrible thing for your stat line, but 2 tipped balls, Ocho got beaten like a red headed step child and lost position, and the safety on the Gronk throw just made a great play. They weren't gift wrapped interceptions, and I think most QBs would still make those throws.

The defense is awful though. It's otherworldly how bad they are. I think the best course of action would be for them to just let not try for a half, and let the Pats hurry up wear down the oppositions defense.

I didn't feel good about this game all week though, these aren't the same old Bills, and their team in fans seem to have a guy to stand behind with Fitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes