PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats-Bears POST Game Thread - Offense-Defense-ST's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official Pats-Bears Post-Game Thread - Defense & Special Teams

Loved Urlacher's post-game press conference. He ate crow and said Pats are definitely best team in the NFL and that he had no idea what he was talking about earlier this week.

Guyton with some big plays. Run defense looked real solid. McCourty with another huge play. I hope he is ok and will be back next week. Defense has come on strong in the last few weeks. I would be concerned with ST coverage units. Only weakness I have seen in a few weeks.

Defense played another awesome game. If I am going to nit pick the Special Teams needs to tighten their coverage on kick offs.

That's the worst of it. We kept a 9-3 Jets to 3 points and a 9-3 Bears to 7 points in their backyard.

This team is coming along nicely.... very nicely indeed.

I figure this is a good place for me to respond to Curious George..

[Snip]

Wow, looks like someone else's gotta come back for their crow too. :D

Loved Urlacher's post-game press conference. He ate crow and said Pats are definitely best team in the NFL and that he had no idea what he was talking about earlier this week.

someone should send that to suggs, holmes, and even ryan

This was 4 quarters of very good Pats Team Football... lots of guys were rotating, and even Moore?? played a role. Guyton stepped up big time.

The only concern, and maybe it was a weather issue, is that we seemed to give up a lot of kick off return yards.. but that can be resolved.

Overall, our turnover ratio is near the top, +18 I believe.. the D finally seems to be "getting it"....

Last edited:
Re: Official Pats-Bears Post-Game Thread - Offense

they did slow down a little bit in the 2nd half... but give the Bears some credit they played some good D and got a good Rush on... something for the coaches to point out to the players they need to work on... got to keep this team hungry.

Great win today and what the hell was cutler thinking with that 2nd interception? he threw it straight to merriweathers chest

4 more turnovers today. That gives the Pats 20 Interceptions and 6 forced fumbles.

Best part was no turnovers by the Pats.. They have only turned the ball over 9 times on the season. Which is pretty damn amazing as well.

Go Pats!! This team is looking amazing.:rocker:

wait...I thought THIS was the week...THIS was "FINALLY IT!!!!!"....where's all the "I'm REAL SCARED THIS WEEK!!!" blabberguts posters??...what is it NOW...next week is the "REAL BAD ONE!!!!"????..Is that it, Nancy and Shirley and Agnes and Ruth and the rest of you always crying, whining women trapped in men's bodies??..let's hear it...you all start whining eventually anyway..why wait until tomorrow when you'll dig up some idiotic stat that proves "REAL BAD!!!!" is going to happen THIS week. Myself, I THOROUGHLY enjoyed my afternoon watching the Patriots I follow DESTROY the outmatched Bears. In THEIR house.

So start the nitpicky passion play of whining and complaining and gushing tears like a five year girl who skinned her knee about how scared you are because NEXT week is the week and some missed block in this game "IS REAL BAD!!! AND PROVES PATS BAD!!!!!"...someo9ne needs to start a "Pessimistic Pats Fans Only" site so all you Debbie Downers can sit in a big circle and cry in your friggin' tissues.

Just listened to Branch in a post-game interview.

At the end of the first half the coaches were calling to take a knee. Brady saw something, gave Branch a nod - and they caught the Bears on that play.

Just listened to Branch in a post-game interview.

At the end of the first half the coaches were calling to take a knee. Brady saw something, gave Branch a nod - and they caught the Bears on that play.

Yeah it was a hitch and go. Brady must have seen the cover 2 sitting (perhaps they were expecting the knee?) and the CB on Branch had very bad leverage and allowed him to get on the outside, and the safety was late to roll over.

oh no!!! ..this is REAL BAD!!!...Brady ignoring the coaches????...see? THIS is how it starts...NEXT WEEK has me real scared...what if Brady does that again????....against that all world hall of fame QB and all those receivers...I have every one on my fantasy team!!...this LOOKS REAL BAD!!!!

funny-pictures-surprise-chicken-is-a-little-early.jpg

I couldn't watch the game, so please bear with me. Thanks.

Any thoughts on how their ST consistently managed to gobble that many yards? Did we attempt to kick it away from them?

I understand that the field conditions were sh*it for those attempting to run around in full speed but their ST also faced the same when defending our ST, right?

I couldn't watch the game, so please bear with me. Thanks.

Any thoughts on how their ST consistently managed to gobble that many yards? Did we attempt to kick it away from them?

I understand that the field conditions were sh*it for those attempting to run around in full speed but their ST also faced the same when defending our ST, right?

Yes, it's pretty simple. Shayne Graham (who did an excellent job at his main task in awful conditions, missing a PAT notwithstanding) doesn't have a strong enough leg for a kick-off guy. The ball is being taken at the 5 or beyond and there isn't a lot of height. In those conditions it's pretty tough for the coverage team when the returning team has a half a second or so to get set and get some momentum. We're really missing the Ghost there.

Another incredible performance, only concerns right now are injuries IMO. And hopefully we're not peaking too early. But given BB's history i don't see a letdown. Our offense right now looks unstoppable.

Edelman looked great on the PR this week, best I've seen him all year. Even though one was called back on the hold and the other should have been a TD if not for a poor decision, he still showed excellent burst that IMO he hadn't shown before today. Would be nice if he could make some impact in the passing game too but probably won't if Welker/Branch/Tate/Gronk/Hernandez/Woodhead all stay healthy.... I guess that's a good 'problem' to have.

Defense needs to take advantage of the next 3 opponents: GB (likely without Rodgers), Miami, Buffalo. Those are 3 games that are definitely capable of seeing us dominate on defense. That would make 5 straight weeks of shutting down our opponents going into the playoffs - our swagger on D would be sky high and they will also be well rested/prepared since the bye is all but clinched.

Things are looking great for us right now.

4 more turnovers today. That gives the Pats 20 Interceptions and 6 forced fumbles.

Best part was no turnovers by the Pats.. They have only turned the ball over 9 times on the season. Which is pretty damn amazing as well.

Yep, the Pats have easily the best turnover differential in the NFL, plus they've been called for the 4th fewest penalties. Notably, you can flip those numbers for the Atlanta Falcons: #1 fewest penalties, #4 turnover differential. That'll win you games, eh?

Was at the game. Patriots looked completely dominant on both sides of the ball. Even Darius Butler looked good. :)

Bears defense seemed shocked that Brady was moving on them with ease.

Only concern was kickoff coverage. Daniel Manning was close to taking a couple all the way. On the flipside, Edelman looked really good returning punts.

Good number of Patriot fans at Soldier Field. Unbelievable atmosphere.

Here's a link to a video I took with my FlipCam. Not the best quality.

YouTube - Brady to Welker in the Chicago snowstrom

Was at the game. Patriots looked completely dominant on both sides of the ball. Even Darius Butler looked good. :)

Bears defense seemed shocked that Brady was moving on them with ease.

Only concern was kickoff coverage. Daniel Manning was close to taking a couple all the way. On the flipside, Edelman looked really good returning punts.

Good number of Patriot fans at Soldier Field. Unbelievable atmosphere.

Here's a link to a video I took with my FlipCam. Not the best quality.

YouTube - Brady to Welker in the Chicago snowstrom

That was cool to see, thanks. Also...first! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill