PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots vs. Browns Week 5 PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tbf it's a bit hard to increase your redzone defensive efficiency when you've only allowed 3 red zone trips in the last 3 games.

Agree, it may be nit picking, but it still needs to be better.

"Deemed"?? I'm not sure what "deemed that he threw a punch" even means. If he threw a punch, wouldn't you just say "he threw a punch"?

Total f-ing garbage! Go back and look at the tape you morons!

I wasn't following the off-season but this Hogan guy looks good.

I just poked around at profootballreference &, while the Browns do stink, the last time they gave up 400+ yards passing to anyone was in 2009.

Very impressive; Hogan, Bennett and Gronk along with TBs timing and condition.

Combining those two items, the single most exciting thing to me was seeing Brady's timing with the newbies Hogan and Bennett. That was their first ever game with him and they seemed impressively in sync.

I've always felt that you can tell early whether a receiver is going to fit with Brady and this offense or not. Obviously there's plenty of learning and growth over time, but the good fits always seem to flash from the start. Knocking on wood, Bennett and Hogan show the best new-vet chemistry since Moss and Welker.

1) Mingo was acquired late in PS - still learning the system

2) Special teamer Jordan Richards has had two complete pre-seasons with the team to learn the defense and we used a 2nd round pick on him.

.........just sayin'

How many linebackers are in front of Mingo.. Hightower, Collins, Freeny. Hightower and Freeny both suffered injuries. Hightower to his knee(4 weeks ago) and Freeny to his shoulder (last week)..
How many Safeties are in front of Richards. McCourty, Harmon, Chung. No injuries here yet..

Just sayin..

Didn't see the game and didn't see if it was mentioned yet, but were there any injuries of significance today?

Bennett tweaked his ankle. I think that Freeny tweaked his shoulder (re-injury from last week) and that is why we saw Mingo on the field on 3rd downs and so much of Elandon Roberts.

Beyond that, none that I know of..

"Deemed"?? I'm not sure what "deemed that he threw a punch" even means. If he threw a punch, wouldn't you just say "he threw a punch"?

THIS.. This is why I say it was BS. The blurry replay showed him PUSH the Browns guy with both arms.. Not sure how you can throw a punch with both arms at the same time.. You'd get no power since the force of a punch comes from the hips..

I saw the same thing it was very weird to say the least.
Id say it was a way to give the Browns a advantage back in the game but I dont think youd target Jones to do that.
Very peculiar indeed.

In section 111 there was no more then 10 groups of Brown fans. One of those, was a guy who walked past me into the row with his two boys, shaking his head in disbelief. First Browns game for the kids, and viewing the sea of Red, White and Blue stated he failed to get the memo that was sent regarding Browns fans not attending today! Really enjoyed the crowd, before/during and after the game. Very family friendly! NO hostile ribbing, from the losing or winning side! Lots of good friendly banter and Goodell bashing!

Jimmy G looked decent too, huh? And they're keeping him ready no doubt.

THIS.. This is why I say it was BS. The blurry replay showed him PUSH the Browns guy with both arms.. Not sure how you can throw a punch with both arms at the same time.. You'd get no power since the force of a punch comes from the hips..

for some reason, the only view they showed of the incident was the overhead view, which was incomplete, so we didn't get to see what happened at the end. on patriots 5th quarter, zo said that jones threw a left jab at the browns player's helmet. he didn't seem to be questioning the ejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes