PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Titans PostGame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved what I saw from Vollmer.

Do I think the 2007 Patriots are back? Nah. Do I think Brady's confidence is back? Oh yeah.

Oh and even though it was 'whatever excuse you want to make for good performance', Lawfirm did great, despite his doubters at the end of preseason play.

The injury to Morris seems like groundhog day. This guy is so talented and has battled back from so many setbacks, so it was just so disappointing to see this today. I hope we see him back after the bye week since barring something unforseen I can't see him playing next weekend.

However, this was one of the main reasons why I felt they needed to stick with Maroney and solidifies a recent discussion that you can never have too many runningbacks. Hopefully this game wasn't an aberration and we continue to see him improve and gain more confidence.

First drive, Brady's thinking about Giselle and loses 5 yards. Then gets sacked. Ghost misses the FG. Said to self, "The Pats really need to get their heads outa their asses." They did, bigtime.

Besides the return of TFB, GOAT, it was great to see the 2009 rookies making substantive contributions in a real game.

Lost in all the hoopla ... Ty Warren had 6 tackles today. An encouraging sign as many say he's been playing injured.

God, what an awesome sight that was to see today. The entire team played good and Brady certainly looks like he is back. One little nitpick I have about the game was that I thought Brady should have been taken out of the game at the half. He already had 5 TD's and had taken the team to an insurmoutable lead against the Tits. Why leave him in (and keep passing no less) and leave him exposed to injury against a team that was clearly demoralized and has a propensity to play dirty?

But that's it. Other than that, this was a perfect day for Pats football. Next week, onto London to kick Tampa Bay's teeth in. Then we ride into the bye at 5-2 and in first place.

I have to criticize Vollmer for ramming Hoyer into the EZ so hard. Hoyer is now 5'8 or 5'10 because of that traumatic experience. :D

if the injury ito sammy morris s serious do you think we pick up a free agent RB?

Who? I dont believe theres anyone of any value out there

Also, it can't be repeated enough, if you want to acquire a FA, someone has to get cut or go to IR.

So the answer is no, we go with what we have.. we have 3 RB's.

The Berlin Wall was well and truly established out there today, and not against mugs either. That D-Line is still pretty stout.

Here's hoping he can perform to that level on a consistent basis for a long time to come.

The snow and rain will be used to knock the Patriots win down a peg...

Funny, the Patriots had no problems with the passing game and had a decent time with the run...in the same weather...for longer periods of time...

They dominated on both sides of the ball, simly beat the crap out of an inferior defense and did so at time when it looked like they really weren't trying to beat the crap out of them.

For all the hard time we give our D, they are actually 3rd in the league in Points Allowed, behind Denver and Indy.

Also, it can't be repeated enough, if you want to acquire a FA, someone has to get cut or go to IR.

So the answer is no, we go with what we have.. we have 3 RB's.

Lets just say Taylor is thrown on IR. We would have to find someone from a similar running style system as well and im really certain theres no one out there to do this

Who? I dont believe theres anyone of any value out there

The cupboard is pretty bare: names like Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Samkon Gado, Ahman Green, Deuce McAllister, Chris Perry, and Aaron Stecker are some of the more recognizable ones, but all of those guys are either over the hill or have some sort of other reason they're not playing.

More likely is that they'll sign Chris Taylor off the practice squad.

Lets just say Taylor is thrown on IR. We would have to find someone from a similar running style system as well and im really certain theres no one out there to do this

We've been fortunate to have depth at this position up to this point. Unfortunately I think when it came down to it they were probably hoping to have at least one of the two guys they've lost - so this is probably able to be filed under "worst case scenario".

Thankfully Maroney is playing well and we've seen signs that BJGE can contribute - so provided nothing happens to Faulk they could be O.K. However #33 is the key to this scenario as losing Taylor, Morris, AND Faulk would be a disaster.

Last edited:
The cupboard is pretty bare: names like Edgerrin James, Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Samkon Gado, Ahman Green, Deuce McAllister, Chris Perry, and Aaron Stecker are some of the more recognizable ones, but all of those guys are either over the hill or have some sort of other reason they're not playing.

More likely is that they'll sign Chris Taylor off the practice squad.
Isnt james with Seattle?

We've been fortunate to have depth at this position up to this point. Unfortunately I think when it came down to it they were probably hoping to have at least one of the two guys they've lost - so this is probably able to be filed under "worst case scenario".

Thankfully Maroney is playing well and we've seen signs that BJGE can contribute - so provided nothing happens to Faulk they could be O.K. However #33 is the key to this scenario as losing Taylor, Morris, AND Faulk would be a disaster.
Maroneys health is always a worry though. He could get hit the wrong way and be out for awhile as well.

Quote of the day from LenDale White...

Patriots blast Titans, 59-0 | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

“You don’t want to be the team that gets embarrassed,’’ White said. “We prepared great this week. I am not going to sit here and say we were out there lollygagging. We practiced like champs this week. We did everything we can to try and win the game and a few balls went the other way.’’

Yeah if only those few balls went the Titans way then maybe they would've kept it within 30... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back