PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Falcons Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that 4th and 1 they went for on thier own 25 yard line :eek:

Yeah, I guess if you only base your evaluation on 20 percent of the snaps any given player takes.

Um.. Ryan's been clearly stated they are rotating him and the rest of the group so they don't ware down..

Look, you don't have to act all butthurt about it. It's a fact. He can't stay healthy and wears down... every season. Did he do anything against the Patriots? No? That's what I thought.

Ngata would've been a much better player to cite in your post.

Right now, I'd probably rate Ngata as the best NT in the NFL, now that age has caught up to Jammal Williams. Definitely better than Wilfork, IMO.

Ngata plays DE... Jenkins is a pure NT..
Ngata is probably the best DE in a 3/4 the past 2 years..

Ngata's definitely not a DE. He's 350 pounds, for starters. He's athletic enough to play DE, but that's just one more point that shows how scary-good he is.

Last edited:
Ngata's definitely not a DE. He's 350 pounds, for starters.

Sorry your wrong.. K. Gregg is their NT..

Guys should really watch more games than just 1 a week ;P

Did he do anything against the patriots? Other than occupy two blockers every play and clear the gaps for free blitzers? No, not much.

I understand the guy has some health issues, but when he plays (and I don't think he has missed any time since going to NY), I assure you he is as good as advertised.

Meh, I guess we'll agree to disagree. I saw nothing from Jenkins.

When he's healthy, he can make some amazing plays. But he's never healthy and wildly inconsistent. Thus, there are NT's who are more valuable than he is.

Um.. Ryan's been clearly stated they are rotating him and the rest of the group so they don't ware down..

Basic logic, please. 20 percent of the snaps Jenkins takes. I wonder why they have to rotate him so much...?

Last edited:
So that 4th and 1 they went for on thier own 25 yard line :eek:
I'm sure everyone here with 20/20 hindsight is going to talk about how great it was, but I am not afraid to say that was just a stupid decision (even though it worked).

Last edited:
I'm sure everyone here with 20/20 hindsight is going to talk about how great it was, but I am not afraid to say that was just a stupid decision (even though it worked).

I have no idea what the man was thinking on that one.

I don't think that the Pats' D is bad against the run. I just worry that we can be gashed, as we were in the Buffalo game. The reason why I think it is pretty simple: because we've played one good rushing team so far, and they ran all over us.

The Falcons were running for 3.4 YPC coming into this game, against Miami and Carolina. The Jets ran for 2.7 YPC against Tennessee today, and did well against a Houston run defense that got absolutely annihilated by JAX today (184 yards, 5.9 YPC, 4TD). So the Jets' running game got shut down in 1 non-Pats game, and did pretty well against a terrible run defense in the other.

To reiterate: I'm not saying that the Pats are bad against the run. And as bad as tehy were in week 1, I fully expect them to improve as the year goes on. But I'm definitely not ready to write off the Buffalo game on account of the fact that two decent-at-best rushing teams haven't done much against us since. Not saying we're bad- just that I haven't seen much since week 1 to swing me either way. If we can do well against the run next week, I'll be convinced.

I'm sorry, but you're either confused, or drunk, or both. Fred Jackson had 57 yds on 15 carries wk 1. You call that being gashed? Your entire premise is flawed. Oh, unless you're referring to Xavier Omon's 2 carries for 8 yards. :rolleyes:

Basic logic, please. 20 percent of the snaps Jenkins takes. I wonder why they have to rotate him so much...?

u think he only plays 10 series a game?

U might want to change that number..

Last edited:
Sorry your wrong.. K. Gregg is their NT..

Guys should really watch more games than just 1 a week ;P

Ngata is listed as a Nose Tackle on the Raven's website.

u think he only plays 10 series a game?

U might want to change that number..

I'm saying that he's only dominant for limited stretches of time, because he wears down quickly, thus limiting his effectiveness.

Once again mcsilly you stated that Jenkins was a top 3 NT and he was better than wilfork. So what does that make wilfork 3rd or 4th on the list?

Am I the only one challenging this massive brainfart mcsilly just unleashed into the atmosphere?

Once again mcsilly you stated that Jenkins was a top 3 NT and he was better than wilfork. So what does that make wilfork 3rd or 4th on the list?

Am I the only one challenging this massive brainfart mcsilly just unleashed into the atmosphere?

Right now, I'd probably rank Ngata #1 and Wilfork top 5.

Stupid based on what?

I think it was more about believing in the offense, about giving them a vote of confidence, and their ability to find a way to convert. Nothing takes the wind out of an offense than playing so conservatively, and having them jog off every fourth and short or intermediate.

Yup, that was a bad move. I also still think they should've punted on that 4th-and-3 on ATL's 40-something. But whatever.

read cold hard football facts.. Pats were ranked 17th against the run up the middle.. Against the right (seymour) it was #3...

Wilfork is good.. But Hampton, Williams and Jenkins are as good or better..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back