PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Falcons Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turner ran for 3.7 YPC, so that point is bunk as well.

Last edited:
Greg Lewis is looking pretty good up there in Minnesota right now, game saving touchdown and all. :)

Outside of that, a more balance offense paid off for the most part.
And the defense did their job.

It is a bit concerning though how many injuries this team endures year after year. Is this a product of poor conditioning?

-Jamman

Last edited:
The Defense is great. I dont think these guys are getting teh credit they deserve. Brady was better today but the recievers are still out there. I dunno what is going on with them. I thouht the Oline was solid as well.

BIGGEST problem is that damn redzone offense. for the love of god. I know we won today but too many times going down the field for a field goal. It's aggrivating to watch.

I've been saying since the preseason that this defense had the potential to be our best since 2003. The athleticism, speed, and depth (outside of LB) is scary. And we're nowhere close to being either healthy or operating on all cylinders. I'm very excited at what this defense could be come December and the playoffs. Next week against Baltimore should be another good test, as they have also looked good on offense with a balanced running and passing attack through week 3.

Call me a Kool-Aid drinker, but under 200 yards against means awesome defense—against a damn good offense, I might add. Even when the Falcons were down by 3 or 9 points they were stymied. I said a week or two ago that our D would be top 10, and I'll say it again. When Mayo gets back it will be even better.

Brady obviously still isn't where we hope he'll be, but he progressed well toward the end of the game (helps that the Falcons secondary weren't interested in actually covering the receivers), and I'm confident he'll be up to speed by week five or six. I don't expect the offense to post anywhere near what 2007 did, but remember how unstoppable Cassel's offense was at the end of last year? Yeah, think that, but with Tom F. Brady.

This team will be there in January, and unless the Steelers get their act together the only threat I see in the AFC is Baltimore. A Super Bowl is very likely.

Re: Post-Game Notes on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. Noted Individual Performa

Wheatley gave up one reception to one of the best WR's in the game. I'm pretty sure Wheatley lines up where he is directed to by the coaching staff.

Not sure why you'd single him out.

Some people can not ever be happy.

Fred Taylor runs hard. Looks like he won the starting RB job today. He really helped the offense with ball control today. The Pats time of possession was 40 minutes compared to 20 for the falcons. Thats going to help the D look good as well.

The one thing I'd like to see more of from the D is some more blitzing. It seemed to work well for the most part today. Ryan did not have all day to throw like Sanchez did last week. Overall, good game. Hopefully Wilforks injury is minor. And hopefully they can get Welker on the field next week.

I would have thought Wheatley out there so much would've been quite bad vs this team. Kudos to him for stepping up when others were inactive.

I disagree that it was much needed. It's a long season.

With the Ravens coming up, this was much needed. We were staring 1-3 dead in the eye if we didn't pull this one out IMO. Big game for it being this early in the season.

how about Greg Lewis catching a 31 yerd TD over 3 49ers

what a play

Last edited:
The O-Line really stepped up today. Very good play from them.

Oh, yeah, and it goes without saying that the running game is incredibly deep. Even if we lose either Maroney or Taylor to long-term injury, it will be effective.

-The pass rush is still non-existent. Even when we send 5-6 rushers, the QB still has plenty of time to scan the field and not make a rushed throw.
Er, I wasn't paying full attention to the game, but starting in the third quarter I remember a lot of scrambling by Ryan with two or three defenders nipping at his heels.

What a difference one game makes.

Brady will never be the same, he'll always hear footsteps. I saw lots of flashes of the old TB, great progress made this week. He showed great touch on that TD throw to Baker, but also great presence to get away from Abraham and poise to not rush the throw. Tom is going to be just fine. Jason Whitlock might want to re-visit his NFL truths.

Matt Light is the worst LT in football. Did pretty well today against a great pass rusher. Actually...

The OL is awful. Nice job protecting Brady today. Tom was never really rushed in the pocket, could step up into his throws, and that helped a lot. They also did a great job in the running game, and didn't get pushed back on several 4th down conversions.

The defense sucks/needs to blitz/be more aggressive. Under 275 yards and only 10 points given up to a great offense, even after losing Wilfork early on. Maybe they don't earn style points, but hard to argue with the results.

Kudos to the coaching staff for solid gameplans on both sides of the ball. They really stuck with the run and tried to balance things out. Offensive formations were varied, some clever little plays like the screen fakes to one side, and aggressive calls on 4th down. I loved the 4th and 1 call when they were backed-up. No point expanding on the defense since I can't imagine anyone arguing after that performance.

There are still plenty of seats available on the 2009 Patriots bandwagon.

greg lewis`s 1 catch looked better then galloway did all game............ :(

not complaining just stateing the obvious

Matt Light was awesome today! I'm impressed!
Why abandon the run in the red zone when the run game was so succesful? Shotgun inside the ten? I was not pleased with that.

Again why did we give up Greg Lewis..???

The Falcons did NOTHING in the 2nd half...NEVER in the game...stop trying to set up your "Patriots still real bad!!!!!!!!" pukefest of threads this upcoming week

Geez, this division could have two 12-4+ teams this year. The Jets do scare me :(

The Falcons did NOTHING in the 2nd half...NEVER in the game...stop trying to set up your "Patriots still real bad!!!!!!!!" pukefest of threads this upcoming week

What the **** are you talking about? I don't make posts or threads like that EVER. Check the stats dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back