PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots-Chiefs Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris,
It looks to me like every once in a while Herr Vollmer spaces out and leaves a rusher unblocked. Lats night and in the Jets game with the 2 point safety. I've seen them all do this on occasion. It's human. Mankins almost got Brady killed a a couple games ago when uselessly assisting Light and letting a guy come right up the pipe unblocked smashing Brady. That said, it's happening with Vollmer too often.

No, Vollmer knows *exactly* who he is blocking. He just does his best (or worst...take your pick) Max Lane immitation. Last night he simply leaned too far outside and let Hali come in untouched on the inside move. I rememer the Woodley sack where he just got beat on your standard outside speed rush. Light is well-known to struggle against the elite rushers and often needs help. We cannot have both ends of the line do this, both require help and expect to get enough guys out in their patterns.

I contrast these huge breakdowns vs. what Solder did vs. Cameron Wake and think that perhaps the Pats would be better served with Solder in there.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill