PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Bucs Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always about perspective vs. kneejerk over reaction.

The rookie took the blame on himself. Breer, Simms, the video of the play, and Brady all put the onus on the man who made the throw. If you can show me the route tree which has a player beat his man 40+ yards deep and then do a square in over the middle of the field, that would indeed be interesting to discuss. Since it wasn't the man covering the rookie who made the pick, however, but a DB from the other side of the field, and since the throw was underthrown for anything BUT a 40+ yard square in, I'll assume there was a problem with the man throwing the ball until a better explanation comes along.

You're right about perspective vs. reaction. Unfortunately, you've taken to doing far too much of that latter and nowhere near enough of the former, and then claiming that it's others who've done it.

Brandon Meriweather = Ed Reed Jr.

I wouldn't fit his bust for Canton, where Ed Reed is headed, just yet; esp. when the opponent is taken under consideration. But it is a very encouraging sign that Stomper is now catching the balls he would always drop before this season. Add more poss. INTs to his superior coverage skills for a FS, and the result is the potentially best FS play since the '03-'04 Geno Wilson.

As for some of the other points previously mentioned:

- Mankins might be our best OLman, but he acts very stupidly sometimes. Does he not realize that he is playing for his next contract?

- The rest of the OL had problems, again, opening holes btwn. the tackles for LaMa & The Firm. This is a recording. We need a FB ASAP, and No, Dan Connelly does not count.

- On Monday night, Ron Jarworski stated how important it was for Philly to get the ball to their explosive players in space. My question, again, is: When will Bill authorize Pitch-Outs to LaMa outside the Tackles, instead of the slow-moving, easily diagnosed, and usually fruitless hand-offs btwn. the Tackles?

- The INT that Brady threw in the EZ kinda reminded me of the INT he threw in the EZ vs. Carolina in the SB: rolling out of the pocket, to his left IIRC, and aiming toward the back corner. Maybe he just has a blind spot in that particular situation. I wonder if he's left-eye dominant.

- Still not impressed with the pass-rush. For the $$ they're making, AT & Burgess should be in the QB's face every time they're assigned to go after him, and yet...I know that Burgess recorded a sack on Sunday, but that might've been the only tackle he made - or came even close to making - all day. Damn Jason the Traitor Taylor to hell. And Yes, we should've drafted a Pass-Rusher instead of Brace.

- Much fewer tackles missed, by every position group. Bodden & Springs (& Guyton & Sanders?) didn't appear to be on the field as often either, not so coincidentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes