PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Patriots/Bucs Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What is Green-Ellis's PROBLEM?!

Haha! Are you a Maroney fan?

LOL, I am a fan of not blaming RB's - LoMar or Green-Ellis or anyone - for getting hit in the backfield when, more often than is being noted, the OL is at fault.

I thought BOTH holding calls on Seabass were almost ticky-tack. The OL had a bad overall game, but we won, they'll get yelled at and motivated, no big deal.

after the performance the pats put in last week, this was ridiculously bad

if not for a few breaks on big plays, we would have a toe to toe with a winless team that doesnt know who their QB is....

BB has a S*** load to pile on the team over the bye week

Agreed

A decent team would have put us in our place today. If it wasn't for the Bucs being absolutely terrible I think we would have been embarrassed.

after the performance the pats put in last week, this was ridiculously bad

if not for a few breaks on big plays, we would have a toe to toe with a winless team that doesnt know who their QB is....

BB has a S*** load to pile on the team over the bye week

There is no pleasing some people, big plays are usually what decide most games. Defense didn't play bad, 1 TD over a rookie cornerback. Cut them some slack, kinda hard to get motivated for the Bucs coming before the bye week.

Was THRILLED with the D gameplan. As alot of us have said, I would rather watch us trying to get to the QB and giving up the occasional long passing play than watch us get dinked and dunked to death with the QB knowing no one is coming after him. Also, Pat Chung had a good game, Meriweather looked great, and Burgess finally got to the QB.

I never thought of Sam Aiken as a fast guy, but he looked great on his catch and run TD. Neither of Brady's INT's were really bad (maybe he was confused because the Bucs were in red and we were wearing red last week :rolleyes:). I liked that they gave Tate a chance to run some WR routes, and he would have had that catch if not for Talib's INT. What the hell happened on the OLine? False starts, holding...I don't remember them having that much of a penalty filled game in a while.

Hope the team enjoys their week off and can heal up some nagging injuries.

this was ridiculously bad

Ridiculously bad?

The team scored 35 points, which is the most the Bucs have allowed this season. They won by 28 points, the biggest loss by the Bucs this season.

The team beats the Bucs worse than any other team has this season and it's ridiculously bad?

If Offensive playcalling does not improve, we're toast

We played a horrendus team today, and if it wasnt for a QB that threw 50% bad passes, and recievers that only caught 50% of passes that hit their hands (while wide open) then we would be talking about the defense too, but here im gonna talk about the offense only:

please tell me, why, when up 21-0, we do NOT RUN THE BALL?

u had a RB last week that was ON FIRE, first time in a long time, and now up 21-0 when u have a chance to feed him the ball, and get ur team to run the ball, practice the run in a REAL GAME, you go shotgun?

interceptions and sacks ensue, Brady gets hit, and the offense still doesnt believe they can run the ball effectively.....

why the hell dont u let them go out there and RUN? give them confidence so that when later int he season, when you HAVE NO CHOICE but to run, u KNOW U CAN DO IT?

whoever called the plays, sucked today, the main reason was the one stated above, teams dont respect our running game, and they wont, not until our offense starts to believe we can run effectively

other reasons included too much same formation (shotgun with faulk next to brady and 4 wides), the spurt of reverse, reverse, reverse and then no more.....

if the playcalling does not improve, then it will not be put in the backburner, b/c when we play good teams, we wont win

[Hope the team enjoys their week off and can heal up some nagging injuries.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Lots of healing to do. Was Moss hurt too?

And except for Welker (A+), I'd give the O a B-.

Ridiculously bad?

The team scored 35 points, which is the most the Bucs have allowed this season. They won by 28 points, the biggest loss by the Bucs this season.

The team beats the Bucs worse than any other team has this season and it's ridiculously bad?

Maybe it was just the game in general.

Usually I about flip the couch over in excitement when the Pats score but today I gave a meek yay. I felt like there was no energy from the Pats or the crowd. Maybe that's why the good stuff seemed to be alright and the bad stuff just stuck out more for me.

The difference between the Titans and the Bucs is that the Titans laid down. They didn't compete at all. The Bucs did compete and it looks like we didn't play well. The Patriots played well and won the game. The Bucs were playing hard the Titans did not. This was a good win. We have a lot of banged up players that are not playing right now. The Byeweek came at a good time, IMO. Hopefully we get one or two of those guys back. Let's not downplay this win because the Bucs showed up and the Titans did not.

Watching Welker press conference, he actually said you know 4 times in 1 sentence. Don't ever play a drinking game based on how many times Welker says you know in a press conference. I counted 20 shots in 5 minutes, killer.

Exactly. The Titans went tits up on their coach while the Bucs were up for a game. Bad decision by Raheem to punt in Pats territory with the game actually still in reach, not that it woulda happened.

Brady's 1st pick was being careless. Sure he saw Moss in the EZ but he was double teamed and did not have room to manouver. Still, it took a fine defensive recovery to make the pick.

Once Vollmer was slowed up with his fooot/ankle injury, he was vulnerable to an outside speed rush, thus the holding calls. Dunno what's up with Mankins' 3 or so penalties.

Nice to see Aiken and Tate contribute. Chung, too.

Lots of material today for BB to make players' lives living hell before the Miami game. :)

Sorry for the off-topic post, but is Jamarcus Russell the worst player in the NFL, regardless of position? So far, in 4 possessions, here's what he's done:

- first poss: fumble on 1st play (Jets recover at Oakland's 4 yds line, and go on to score a TD)

- second poss: 3 and out

- third poss: interception (led to NYJ 2nd TD)

- fourth poss: interception

So on four possessions he had 3 turnvers and one 3-and-out. Wow, what a draft pick!

For the guy's who got to see the whole game:
Did AdT play much?
Did Tate look ok?

If not for the screen game, we don't have any running game.

AD Started- came off the field a lot in the nickel though, it looks like (had to watch the game on my computer, so can't confirm until I get a higher-res copy).

Tate looked pretty good- faster than I expected.

It's hard to say this about an 0-7 team, but the Bucs aren't *too* terrible. They're not nearly as bad as the Titans, and have played some good teams pretty well. And even a bad NFL team is still comprised of profesionnal players. a 35-7 win is a 35-7 win.

Pats ran the ball plenty effectively when they decided to. Did you see the last TD drive?

Didn't see much of NE using multiple TE sets to run the ball, in the 1st half, so I'm guessing nothing changed in the 2nd?

A run game can decimate Indy, I'd like to see some evidence that we can establish one leading up to that game. Indy & Pitt are living and dying through the air, and if there's anything BB & the Pats should know is that a good, time consuming offense will disrupt those teams.

Jamarcus Russell the worst player in the NFL, regardless of position?

Probably not the worst *player* talent wise but when you factor in costs/expectations/production yes he is the worst player.

How about Aqib Talib? I think he's a superstar in the making...

It was sloppy because it was over before it began. Both teams knew it and any fans who were honest with themselves knew it. Massive subbing throughout the game as most of the Patriots took half a game off before the bye. It's all good but the concentration level will be higher in two weeks.

It's hard to say this about an 0-7 team, but the Bucs aren't *too* terrible. They're not nearly as bad as the Titans, and have played some good teams pretty well. And even a bad NFL team is still comprised of profesionnal players. a 35-7 win is a 35-7 win.

Pats ran the ball plenty effectively when they decided to. Did you see the last TD drive?

Welker carried them down the field on that drive. They elected to leave him in single coverage.. Stupid.

The announcer on Espn news called Brady. Bradylocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back