ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Ugly win, but consider these facts:

First off:
* Brady extends his home winning streak
* Brady extends his consecutive throws without a pick streak
* Brady breaks Don Meredith's record of six consecutive games with two TDs and no picks (Brady now has seven)
* Pats have extend their NFL record streak for games without a turnover (an onside kick doesn't count as a TO unless the receiving team touches it first)

Plus, remember that the Pats were down three good DLs in Brace, Pryor, and Wright, plus missing their second-best ILB in Spikes (pace, I know he was a f*****g idiot, we don't need to rehash that).

And, best of all, a reminder that GB does have a very good defense:

pack9jets0.jpg

:singing:

Last edited:
Re: Ugly win, but consider these facts . . .

ugly win but a W is a W.....1 more

I will take an ugly win over a pretty lose.

As one AFCE coach has said, "Stats are for losers, final score is for winners" or another "its about leading the league in F**king wins"

BB sounds like the losing coach in his presser even though his team won.

Offense didn't have time to get much of a rhythmn going and the defensive line was so banged up and worn out it couldn't stop a thing.

This game wasn't as bad as a lot of people are going to make it.

Yes, Bill looks pissed in his post game press conference.

When both players are holding a face mask, is the penalty always on the defensive player? On that last play by TBC, it looked like both players grabbed some mask.

We beat a very good team with a majority of our DL regulars missing, Spikes missing, and a number of very costly penalties.

If anything, this game builds more confidence for the young D in crunch time, another game saving stop.

The only real negative is Connolly's injury, but he's got 4 weeks to rest up. If we can gut one out against GB in these conditions we'll be able to gut at least one out against the Bills or Fins.

BB sounds like the losing coach in his presser even though his team won.

Ass needs to be kicked and names taken to avoid a similar lethargic effort in the playoffs

BB sounds pretty upset saying he will prepare the team better.

This game reminded me of the 2007 Eagles game.

Definitely satisfying to win this game, but is was ugly. It may be a good thing that we had a game like this to get it out of our system. There are clearly plenty of things that need to be fixed and we do not need to have these things going on in a playoff game. I've been feeling like a loss before playoffs may be a good thing to snap us back into action, but this will do.

Yes, Bill looks pissed in his post game press conference.

When both players are holding a face mask, is the penalty always on the defensive player? On that last play by TBC, it looked like both players grabbed some mask.

No, it's supposed to be offsetting penalties, replay the down (so the INT still gets wiped out, but they don't get yards, either).

Interesting that teams will have a blueprint...apply pressure up the middle and play aggressive man coverage....of course they have to be able to pull it off.

Not sure why are defense was so bad. Wright has been out for about 2 months with a concussion? WTF?

This was exactly like the 2007 Aj feely eagles game.

BIZARRE

Most points that anyone has scored against the Packers this year. So, ugly as it was, the offense was alright. Again, they played mistake free football against a great defense. Four nice drives, and one crucial third and goal conversion after the big Connolly play.

Im so proud of the guys, especially the DLmen. We were severely shorthanded upfront. They tough it up. We weren't prepared (enough video to study) for Flynn and he played fairly well...

I do believe we should have blitzed a little more... they showed weakness in stopping it and they kid looked scared every time we blitzed.

Vince... Thanks for a great performance....

When the Jets were pulling off these kind of wins against the Lions, Browns, etc. Everyone in the media said that is what good teams do, they find out how to win games in the end. The Pats just did that tonight. Of course you go to the Jets boards and they will tell you the Pats were just lucky.

The Pats played down to their competition (although the Packers are a very good team who shut out the Jets two months ago) and won. They can't blow out teams every week. A little luck. A little self made opportunities. Big win.

I would not have been mad if they lost this game. This was ANOTHER wake up call (and hopefully the last one) to this young team that yes, you may have the best record in football, but you've gotta bring it every week....especially against a backup QB. BB looks pissed in the post game presser - this is gonna be a long week of practice and he is going to use this again as a constant reminder of the fact that they haven't won anything yet.

When the Jets were pulling off these kind of wins against the Lions, Browns, etc. Everyone in the media said that is what good teams do, they find out how to win games in the end. The Pats just did that tonight. Of course you go to the Jets boards and they will tell you the Pats were just lucky.

The Pats played down to their competition (although the Packers are a very good team who shut out the Jets two months ago) and won. They can't blow out teams every week. A little luck. A little self made opportunities. Big win.

The Packers were great tonight, just great. I am glad for this win and glad to see the D gut it out.

No, it's supposed to be offsetting penalties, replay the down (so the INT still gets wiped out, but they don't get yards, either).

Right -- replay second and five. It's shameful that they missed it, but in the end I'm not sure it was a huge deal. Either way it wipes the pick.

What I saw tonight:

Pats D-line: They are seriously depleted. I am certain that Warren and Deaderick were playing hurt out there. They need one of Pryor, Wright or Brace back.. Preferably, all 3.

Koppen - He blew several reads tonight and was responsible for 2 of the sacks on Brady. One by Raji and one by Bishop.

Ed Hoculi - As I said in the game thread, the absolute worst game I've ever seen him call. There is no way that ALL the personal fouls were on the Pats. Not to mention that the last one against TBC shouldn't have been called or if it was, a call on Bulaga should have followed, since Bulaga had TBC's facemask. The call on McCourty was BS. McCourty didn't launch himself. The Defender wasn't defenseless. McCourty hit shoulder and forearm to the chest with the helmet being incidental contact.

EDIT: Why is it that, on both offense and defense, when the Pats have a huge successful play, they never go back to it?? Eric Moore had a great rush off the edge.. And then they pulled him for forever and put in TBC, who didn't do Squat. BJGE was running well, then the Pats went away from him.. I've always be of the mind that you run the play until the defense stops it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye