PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Niners @ Pats postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if Kaepernick comes out the closet as the first openly gay NFL player. I'm dead serious. Couldn't stand this ugly mutt before this game and understandably I can't stand him even more after. He probably has 30 dudes back in San Fran ready to play all night. He's known to them as the "San Francisco 69er."

What is wrong with you?

Before I doze off, any thoughts on Jones? Where the hell has he been...

Before I doze off, any thoughts on Jones? Where the hell has he been...
Hurt, then going up against two of the best LTs in the NFL right now. If he's invisible next week, then be worried.

Get off this forum. I'm ashamed that you root for the same team I do.

Please just report the post and don't "quote" the idiot. Makes it harder to clean up.

We should stop blaming the refs. Our first half performance was one of the worst in patriot history, certainly in Brady history. If SF was playing better, we would have been down by much more.

The refs deserve to get hate for that punt return fumble debacle. So embarrassing and Ted Ginn definitely touched that.

Hate to walk out of a game with very little learned, but this was one of those games. Turnovers, field position and incedibly sloppy football on both teams behalf. I wouldnt be cheering too loud or thinking too much about this one tonight.

How inconsequential was this game? Brady had 9 passes at the half and ended with almost 60. Hard to believe, but when the ball was in the best player in the history of the games hands, the Pats were dominant.

So, do I see more holes in this team than before? No.
Did we hand over the number one seed on rookie mistakes? yes
do I think its good for teams to get some humble pie after getting their tires pumped all week? we shall see

Who in the current MVP race could have accomplished what Brady had to over come. Brady is a one man show. He almost won this game all by his damn self. HE NEVER GAVE UP.

Lots of props for Brady, we are so damned lucky to have him, a once in a generational talent. That being said, he has to take some of the blame for the loss. The INTs were killers, and also he got the ball back 3 times after being down 38-31, and only helped get us a field goal. That first INT killed us, though he made an amazing play to stop the Pick 6. I give Brady a C+ tonight.

So is it better for pats to be 3rd seed and go to Denver or 4th seed and take a chance with houston ?

i am not worried about denver. they're feeling great bc they've played a cupcake schedule.

i'm more worried that the pats might have to go TO denver in the playoffs. that place hasn't been kind to the pats.

I knew Curtis Martin brought bad luck Jet vibes to this game

Seriously, why did they go right back to Aaron after he got his bell rung?

They couldn't wait one more play?

Tough loss, I really though we had it after we tied it up. Good news is Gronk is back next week, time to get healthy and make a run in the playoffs. I think with Gronk that is win 100%, seeding isn't the be all end all, I think we can beat any team in the NFL, we nearly pulled off the comeback. This team has heart, this team has talent, this team has determination. We probably play the 6 seed at home, and go to Denver, a team that we can beat. We beat them soundly last time and we have only gotten better since, granted they have too, but not to the extent the Pats have, after that is a trip to Houston and while it won't be a blowout like last time, I think we can still beat them soundly. That is our path to NOLA, and this year, Gronk WILL be a factor in the Super Bowl.

Lots of props for Brady, we are so damned lucky to have him, a once in a generational talent. That being said, he has to take some of the blame for the loss. The INTs were killers, and also he got the ball back 3 times after being down 38-31, and only helped get us a field goal. That first INT killed us, though he made an amazing play to stop the Pick 6. I give Brady a C+ tonight.

You give Brady a C+??? Are you kidding me???? He single handedly put the team on his back and almost made an amazing comeback on his own. The first interception Welker was being held and should've been a PI, Brady made the tackle which saved a TD, the second INT was in Hernandez's hands but Hernandez couldn't hold on. His receivers dropped a ton of passes and his offensive line couldn't protect him at all. :bricks:

Pats usually wins these type of games. Not today. Very sad to see them work so hard to tie it only to have 1 awful special teams play and 1 terrible blitz call ruin it.

Hopefully the Pats got the stinker behind them and can prevail in the playoffs. We are looking at a round 2 match up with Denver at Mile High.

Bring it!

Go Pats!

In the name of all that is holy, never let Kyle Arrington cover any of the top two receivers on any team. I was completely flabbergasted to see him out there on such a crucial play. I'd rather have had anyone else.

I love Hernandez but the second INT was 100% on #81.

The playoff schedule just got about 10 times harder. Pittsburgh in the first round and Denver on the road. Not great.

Our only real hope now for some relief is to have Houston lose to Minnesota and Indy, but I don't see that happening. They will win one.

Losing to the 49ers isn't shameful. Losing to the Cardinals is, and if the Patriots lose before the AFCCG this year, you would have to say that's what did it.

It sucks that we beat both bye teams and they still get the byes, but the bottom line is neither of those teams had a bad loss. Denver lost only to Atlanta, Houston and us. Houston lost only to Green Bay and us. If we had lost only to the Niners, Seattle and Baltimore, we would have a bye. But that's the difference between a bye and needing three wins to advance to the Super Bowl. We lost to a non-playoff team, and they didn't.

I did see some positives. We never quit, we cam back from a 28 point hole and tied it with a chance to win. Our ST's play sucked big time tonight. That unit gave the momentum right back to the 49'ers on the ensuing kickoff after we tied it. That is what chaps my behind more than anything. I will say after hanging 31 on the niners tonight I am not worried that much about meeting them in the SB as I was.

This was a great wake up call for the patriots..

lLOYD and gronk will make a great combo when he gets back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back