PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Nate Ebner binky thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nate ebner had a nice pick last night. It was beautifully executed. Can he continue to do this in the regular season? i dont know but this proves he's versatile enough to play safety and on special teams. I say keep em on the roster.

He needs to grow his hair out like Troy.

It was a nice pick but where are the Rugby moves??? He seemed totally out of gas by the time he hit the 20 yard-line.

He can't let a stick figure who shies away from contact completely up end him.

Not really; more trying to figure out the best way to advance it when there was a gigantic pile-up straight ahead of him.

With Chung injured half the time, he might be our starter.

Sign me up! He has a nose for the ball and a bit of a motor. That's more than we can say for just about anyone we put in the backfield last season via elastics and scotch tape.

He's Nate ******* Ebner! He will not be denied.

lol at desean jackson acting tough(especially after his last season) against a former rugby player. What an idiot.

Man I was on this bandwagon before it was even built ;)

In seriousness though, I really was. I love former Rugby players who can translate their skills onto the football field and was rooting for him from day one(being an Englishman and a former rugby player myself).

IMO rugby players tackle ten times better than any football player. If you can get used to the slightly different ball carrying techniques and get used to the more complex schemes, you're going to be a nice little dark horse.

Well Ebner has been the biggest suprise of camp. He seems to be learning what is being taught very quickly. What were the coaches at OSU thinking not coaching this guy up?

Wow.

Jackson is one mouthy douche isn't he?

the dude just turned the ball over. Yo tackling him and laying the thrash talk means nothing DeSean.

a8ef3a27-8da5-42ce-99f1-4aefb2d767eb.Medium.jpg

He definitely got gassed too quickly, he's going to need to improve that endurance if he really wants double digit INT return TDs this year.

I thought that Ebner made some other plays that were very good.

I was as impressed and I think he "saved" a TD when he tackled the RB with a form tackle at at the one yard line. He also made a few tackles in the box stopping RBs. He actually was involved in some actual plays on ST, rather then just running around.

Overall, He played a pretty good game throughout, and looked much better than Josh Barrett and Marquice Cole. On ST, Marquice was often first downfield and then did nothing and did not tackle anyone.

Bolton made an error, on the muffed punt, no question; but he later redeemed himself on both ST, and on some hard nosed running.

I was thoroughly unimpressed with Rivera, Tarpinian and Koutovides on both ST and regualr Defense. Why do we need to keep any of them for ST work? I didn't think they did much at all on ST. They were all abysmal in regular defensive play. Wait for Tracy, and cut them all. Meanwhile keep some other players who can contribute, and are on the bubble. like Scott, Dennard, Stallworth, and Bolton, Brace, and or Cunningham.

Well Ebner has been the biggest suprise of camp. He seems to be learning what is being taught very quickly. What were the coaches at OSU thinking not coaching this guy up?

If you watched any Ohio State games in the 2011 season, you would know that entire staff minus Vrabel were run by a bunch of village idiots and had no absolute idea how to run a team, coach players up and when to call Time Outs.

There were a few times that the 2nd team Safeties would come in and Nate was't one of them.

He only played 3 snaps on D last season. All 3 snaps were at the hybrid Nickel CB/Strong Safety position (star).

Right there with you! I'd say within minutes of him being drafted, I felt that "binky selection" sensation, and I was helping build his bandwagon.

In seriousness though, I really was. I love former Rugby players who can translate their skills onto the football field and was rooting for him from day one(being an Englishman and a former rugby player myself).

IMO rugby players tackle ten times better than any football player. If you can get used to the slightly different ball carrying techniques and get used to the more complex schemes, you're going to be a nice little dark horse.

:rolleyes:

I'll say it again: Half the guys on this Board were crazy about the kid from the moment he was drafted.

How could you not be?? :cool:

Get over yourself, pal: Nobody was ahead of the crowd on Nate Ebner.

The crowd...was instantaneous. :D

I'll say it again: Half the guys on this Board were crazy about the kid from the moment he was drafted.

Did you not detect the light heartedness and joking nature of it in the fact I used smiley faces and then started my next paragraph, 'in all seriousness' the fact that I was amongst the half the board who jumped on the bandwagon straight away?

Last edited:

In seriousness though, I really was.

Did you not detect the light heartedness and joking nature of it in the fact I used smiley faces and then started my next paragraph, 'in all seriousness' the fact that I was amongst the half the board who jumped on the bandwagon straight away?

"Joking"??
huh.gif

In seriousness though, I really was.

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah RIGHT!!
jester.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill