PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Minicamp Day 1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFW Pats Minicamp Blog

Stallworth there today after missing last week.

Lots of Welker love in there :)

No Seymour????? No Maroney?????

Sky is falling!

Sky is falling!
:)

I'm sure there are some excused absenses for whatever reasons.

I hope others are reading this, he's updating constantly.

Sky is falling!

Lots of players are missing like Sanders, Maroney, Meriweather, Seymour, David Thomas, Alexander, Chad Jackson, and of course Samuel. Ellis Hobbs isn't going 100% and Sammy Morris has a red no contact jersey on. Good old injuries.

Last edited:

I like what I hear in the Kyle Brady entry. Good stuff.

So based on how I read it - Wilson is practicing at Safety with Rodney, with Scott and Hobbs as CBs.

Last edited:

Lots of Welker love in there :)

Yeah he said he's looked the most impressive of any player.

Has yet to drop a pass and looks great while both catching and in the return game.

I bet that hurts Aqua a little inside, even if he doesn't admit it.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

June 05, 2007
Practice look

FOXBOROUGH -- The Patriots are holding the first day of their mandatory offseason minicamp, and the first thing that caught the eye is the large media crowd. By unofficial count, 65 media members are watching today's practice, which includes national reporters from ESPN.com, NBCsports.com and USA Today. That led to an overflow parking situation as reporters drove to the practice fields.

A few quick notes:

The players are in shorts, shells (light shoulder pads) and helmets and the workout is being held on the practice fields behind Gillette Stadium. It's humid, with a light breeze.

WR Donte Stallworth, who did not take part in on-field activities at last Thursday's passing camp, is on the field.

After stretching, the rookies kneeled in front of chairman/CEO Robert Kraft and sang him a happy birthday tune.

As was the case at passing camp, QB Vinny Testaverde is present and RB Sammy Morris is wearing a red, non-contact jersey.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 11:19:15 AM

I wish I was there today - then they'd have to kneel in front of me too! :D

So based on how I read it - Wilson is practicing at Safety with Rodney, with Scott and Hobbs as CBs.
Yep, I guess that's the starting group for now. I imagine Gay will get the chance to compte with Scott for the 2nd CB spot.

Some receivers are having trouble slipping which they did during passing camp too.

Sky is falling!

No Maroney, no problem. The only running plays in the playbook call for a QB Kneeling at the end of the game!

Brady will attempt 700+ passes!

Yep, I guess that's the starting group for now. I imagine Gay will get the chance to compte with Scott for the 2nd CB spot.

At some point, I imagine we'll see Wilson do some work at corner as they had him doing pre-season last year - but at the very least, this is the first indication that the idea of a potential Wilson-Hobbs at CB and Merriweather-Harrison at S seem off-base. I, for one, was thinking that'd be a possible solution to the Asante situation...but I know one could argue you're taking a huge risk of making yourself weaker in two positions if things don't pan out perfectly.

Last edited:
Money baby, MONEY :rocker:
The way the WR are being described is causing bodily reactions that I really need my wife around for :D

Welker's hands, quickness and routes.
Stallworth's speed and explosion.
Moss' all around athleticism.

Wow.

The way the WR are being described is causing bodily reactions that I really need my wife around for :D

Welker's hands, quickness and routes.
Stallworth's speed and explosion.
Moss' all around athleticism.

Wow.

LMFAO!! :rofl:

I wish I was there today - then they'd have to kneel in front of me too! :D

I'll kneel and wish you Happy Birthday Pats1!!!! Have a great one!
Bish

Happy B'day Pats1!!! Are you counting backwards yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye