PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official "Laurence Maroney for Offensive Rookie of the Year" thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wow. What burst, nice leg churn, hits the hole like a bolt of lightning, runs guys over, and gets up smiling about it. As I said earlier, we are going to have one hell of a running game this year.

he is good but to quote BB
"Its too early to prepare his bust for canton." or "He is not exactly jim brown yet"

SVN said:
"Its too early to prepare his bust for canton." or "He is not exactly jim brown yet"

He doesn't have to be either, he just needs to be able to give Dillon a breather this year. And he looks to be more than capable in that role.

SVN said:

Yes...WAY too early for Canton. However, when I saw Curtis Martin's first pre-season game back in 94 (I think), you could see right away he was the real deal. Had a game like Laurence is tonight...and never stopped!

We are getting ahead of ourselves. If Maroney was the primary back then you would have a strong arguement. Although Maroney looks awesome, Dillon is going to have a huge year.

Last edited:
What does this thread even mean? Have you watched Reggie Bush or most of the other rookies play yet. When you have, get back to me.

PS Check out Jay Cutler's numbers tonight. I'm sure there is one of these stupid threads some place on a Broncos fan site too.

I'm Ron Borges? said:
What does this thread even mean? Have you watched Reggie Bush or most of the other rookies play yet. When you have, get back to me.

PS Check out Jay Cutler's numbers tonight. I'm sure there is one of these stupid threads some place on a Broncos fan site too.

It means you're too stupid to grasp simple humor. Get off the boards, troll.

Overlooked in the wake of LoMo's super stud running display is the fact that he blocked very well on pass plays. Maroney picked up the right guy, squared up to him naturally and kept his feet under himself, very solid work for a newbie.

I hope Dillon isn't hurt badly, shoulder problems are not good for a RB...

Obviously the thread title is hyperbole - but I'm very impressed by the yards after contact this guy picks up.

I saw many plays with him making due with very poor blocking - moving forward into a pile of Falcons - expecting to see him pushed back 3 yards or at best, at the bottom of a pile - only to watch as he somehow presses forward for a few more yards

That's very encouraging - imagine what he can do if the line actually blocks for him?

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Overlooked in the wake of LoMo's super stud running display is the fact that he blocked very well on pass plays. Maroney picked up the right guy, squared up to him naturally and kept his feet under himself, very solid work for a newbie.

He pick up that block like a veteran.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Yup, was watching for that, and hoping for the best, and was surprisingly impressed. This kid is gonna be fun to watch. But Corey's not quite ready to take a back seat yet. And WTF with Cobbs?! :D

It looks like somebody got the idea...

Welcome to our newest member, Maroney 4 ROY

Last edited by a moderator:
Brady'sButtBoy said:

I noticed the pass blocking. I too was impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back