PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official James Sanders Apology thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackglass3

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I've talked sh!t about the guy. I was wrong and am glad he's on the team. Anyone else?

I'm with you. I have been down on him for years. He has stepped up big for us this year.

James, I am so sorry.

Last edited:
I've talked sh!t about the guy. I was wrong and am glad he's on the team. Anyone else?

Pick six last week in Pittsburgh was equally impressive although not as needed !

I've always liked this guy. Although he took a step back after a solid 07 season. The guy is now a legend in my book after that pick.

Let's see if a particular cousin joins the apology party.

Ummm....I'm not going to bash James in anyway but the TRUE credit for both plays belong to Chung in Pittsburgh and Cunningham today.

He is way better than Meriweather, we should start him and Chung and play almost every snap

Ummm....I'm not going to bash James in anyway but the TRUE credit for both plays belong to Chung in Pittsburgh and Cunningham today.

I'd say that tonight's credit belongs to Manning.......

I thank him for the plays. I support him so long as he keeps catching those floaters.

I never understood why he was not liked around here. He may not be star material but he's dependable.

He is way better than Meriweather, we should start him and Chung and play almost every snap

Yeah, Meriweather looked pretty terrible on his INT also. :rolleyes:

TOOL

I thank him for the plays. I support him so long as he keeps catching those floaters.

You think last weeks pick six against the Steelers was a floater? Um, no.

I'd say that tonight's credit belongs to Manning.......

No, it doesn't. The final pick was the combined result of a good playcall, great rush by Cunningham, and a fantastic backwards leap catch by Sanders. The credit goes squarely to the D.

Great play to finish the game, he is definitely stepping his game up this year.

That being said there was the Tamme (at least I think thats who it was) TD where it looked like he bit hard on the play action and left Chung alone in the end zone shaking his head.

I think he redeemed himself and I'm glad he's on the team, but as Bill would say lets not put him in Canton just yet.

I've talked as much sh!t about him as anyone else and owe him an apology. I don't think he's an every down starter at free safety by any stretch of the imagination, but he's good at some things and is very dependable at doing them right. Seeing what he did there, and seeing the terrible angle Meriweather took on that first half TD makes you appreciate how unreliable our safeties would be in coverage without him.

He is what he is. He was never as bad as some made him out to be, but let's not go too far in the other direction either. I'm glad he's on the team, and he made a heck of a play today to clinch the game for us, but a lot of credit also goes to Cunningham for the pressure he put on Manning that led to the errant throw.

I never understood why he was not liked around here. He may not be star material but he's dependable.

considering where we drafted him and what we pay him I think he's okay.

He is what he is.

Agreed, similar to Guyton and TBC.

Cunningham as you said isn't getting enough credit. The only reason Sanders got that pick gifted to him was because of the pressure cunningham got. When Manning is in the grove he was in at the end of the game, the only way you're gonna get him out of it is with a good pass rush. If Manning had more time on that throw it probably was a TD to Garcon.

Yeah, Meriweather looked pretty terrible on his INT also. :rolleyes:

TOOL

Meriweather also delivered the blow that knocked Collie out of the game. [I suspect that Bill Polian will be going after him....and Felger also]

Meriweather also delivered the blow that knocked Collie out of the game. [I suspect that Bill Polian will be going after him....and Felger also]

That's not good enough for haters like Simpleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back