Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

peyton manning or richard sherman. who would you rather see winning the SB?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 51 27.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 138 73.0%

• Total voters
You know what I am wondering. What team would most in this forum do if say Wes Welker was with the Seahawks and did what he did to Talib. Who would you choose in the Superbowl Peyton and the Broncos or Wes and the Seahwaks.

In case anyone is wondering it doesn't matter to me either way who wins in this upcoming Superbowl.

He's an awesome player. He just needs to stop the immature inflammatory antics.

I like Sherman ... guess I am in the minority but whatever ...

We're talking about football here ... not Bowling, not Golf ... not Lawn Darts.

Also, if his name wasn't Welker, he would rise to the level of one of the most hated players out there.

You know what I am wondering. What team would most in this forum do if say Wes Welker was with the Seahawks and did what he did to Talib. Who would you choose in the Superbowl Peyton and the Broncos or Wes and the Seahwaks.

In case anyone is wondering it doesn't matter to me either way who wins in this upcoming Superbowl.

We're saved!!!!

120417080541large.jpg

All should be approached with grace, humility and sportsmanship. :)

Rooting for Seattle hard. Cant wait to root for a team with a beastly defense.

Verbal: Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

Please don't take this as a personal attack. It is my opinion that was one dumb post.

He ran after Crabtree who was 15 yards away, got in his face, and gave him the double choke sign. Carroll should demand that his players have higher standards than that, and sitting him for a couple of series will make the point to him and others.

But you are entited to your opinion.

Carroll once did the same thing to Paul Stoyanovich. I highly doubt he's going to chastise Sherman for doing it to a heated division rival.

Just guessing here, but I suspect Sherman might have narcissistic personality disorder. He gets away with it because he's a pro football player. In a mainstream line of work (if he indeed could hold a job) his life would be full of drama and serious crises.

Just guessing here, but I suspect Sherman might have narcissistic personality disorder. He gets away with it because he's a pro football player. In a mainstream line of work (if he indeed could hold a job) his life would be full of drama and serious crises.

No, I think you're overanalyzing. Sherman isn't a narcissist (well, anymore than most pro athletes are).

To be honest, I think his whole persona is a veneer that exists to get people to have exactly this conversation. Sherman's trending on Twitter, Facebook, Google... Sherman's everywhere today. I think the reaction to his interview is hilarious, because everyone's falling for his 'WWF heel' persona. He switches between that and his 'Stanford-educated intellectual' persona at will. If anything, people should just be rolling their eyes at him. He wants to look like Kevin Garnett... but unlike Garnett he's not a legitimately bat**** insane mound of anger and hate.

Instead, he's an excellent cornerback who's better known than other excellent cornerbacks (Revis, Haden, Peterson, Talib, Tillman, Verner, Grimes) by the general public because of his heel persona. Revis, for example, remains a better player, but Sherman gets more props because of his media presence.

He's the player equivalent of Skip Bayless. He's trolling, and a bunch of people in this thread fell for it.

No, I think you're overanalyzing. Sherman isn't a narcissist (well, anymore than most pro athletes are).

To be honest, I think his whole persona is a veneer that exists to get people to have exactly this conversation. Sherman's trending on Twitter, Facebook, Google... Sherman's everywhere today. I think the reaction to his interview is hilarious, because everyone's falling for his 'WWF heel' persona. He switches between that and his 'Stanford-educated intellectual' persona at will. If anything, people should just be rolling their eyes at him. He wants to look like Kevin Garnett... but unlike Garnett he's not a legitimately bat**** insane mound of anger and hate.

Instead, he's an excellent cornerback who's better known than other excellent cornerbacks (Revis, Haden, Peterson, Talib, Tillman, Verner, Grimes) by the general public because of his heel persona. Revis, for example, remains a better player, but Sherman gets more props because of his media presence.

He's the player equivalent of Skip Bayless. He's trolling, and a bunch of people in this thread fell for it.
You're giving him way too much credit for being "cleverly manipulative." He can be compulsive and manic -- aspects of NPD that are very real but misperceived in Sherman's case as intentional or eccentric because of his high-profile platform. We'll find out about this for sure either way after he leaves football.

To be fair, Tunescribe, I don't think 'his WWF heel demeanor persona is manufactured for hype' and him being a clinical narcissist are mutually exclusive - in fact, they're pretty complementary.

IMO he's a borderline...

The most distinguishing symptoms of BPD are marked sensitivity to rejection and thinking about and feeling afraid of possible abandonment.[10] Overall, the features of BPD include unusually intense sensitivity in relationships with others, difficulty regulating emotions, and impulsivity. Other symptoms can include feeling unsure of one's personal identity and values, having paranoid thoughts when feeling stressed, and severe dissociation.[1

bullseye2.jpg

Dear fellow patriots fans

1. peyton manning is not a devil. his fans are.
2. peyton manning is classy. richard sherman isn't.
3. peyton manning never bad mouthed tom brady. richard sherman did.
4. richard sherman is a prick who will not shut his mouth up. he will probably talk trash 100 times more when he wins a SB

results are pretty shocking to me. i'm not that insecure about peyton vs. brady rivalry...

But your insecure about hearing **** Spermans' talking. I'll take hearing him talk for a few days than hearing the entire world fellate Manning for eternity. :rolleyes:

:D

I like Sherman ... guess I am in the minority but whatever ...

But would you want your kids, or any children for that matter, watching and emulating a guy like that? It's only a game.

Can anyone honestly tell me that they would not LOVE to see Sherman do this to Peyton after Seattle beats him?

Richard-Sherman-Choke.png

Whoever wants Peyton to win please think about what you wish for. It already has begun with articles in ESPN saying he is the greatest quarterback ever win or lose Sunday.

I'd like to see 3 feet of snow dumping on MetLife. Sherman slips on some black ice in the 1st quarter, gets an ACL. Manning 3 pick sixes after that.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back