Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

peyton manning or richard sherman. who would you rather see winning the SB?

• Peyton Manning

Votes: 51 27.0%
  • Richard Sherman

Votes: 138 73.0%

• Total voters
**** Sherman is a punk.

Manning is our rival, but he is nothing but class. He is disliked only because he is Brady's rival. If that's the only reason to root for Sherman over Manning than that's petty.

I can't disagree more with this. I don't think he's class, first of all. He has skeletons in his closet. And I think the way people diminish the Patriots accomplishments to glorify Manning is mindboggling.

I can't disagree more with this. I don't think he's class, first of all. He has skeletons in his closet. And I think the way people diminish the Patriots accomplishments to glorify Manning is mindboggling.

What skeletons. He's Brady's rival like Nadal is too Federer, like Magic is too Bird, etc...

Just because he's a rival can't mean you don't respect him. Brady/Manning are friends, get over it

I don't know who will win the SB but I do know Bill Belicheat will be taping the pre-game walkthrough and signals from his living room. He can't help himself it's habit.

Have the Hawks ever won a Superbowl? I think they are due anyway, especially after the Pitt travesty from years ago.

The SB against the Steelers was their first trip.

As for the poll, I know the Seahawks have host of trash talkers on their roster (Sherman, Tate, etc), but I can't root for either Manning brother to win another championship.

My biggest concern about the Seahawks for this game is one of them doing something stupid during SB week. They aren't the most disciplined bunch and they'll be right next to NYC. Plenty of opportunities for a guy to get in trouble. Teams that have to deal with a distraction right before the SB (Bengals, Raiders, Falcons, Patriots) usually do not play well.

not sure I agree with Belichick's comments - that is, if BB was saying it was a deliberate attempt to injure. He said it was a "deliberate attempt to take out Talib by the receiver." but this is a bit cryptic. Does he mean "take him out of the play" or "take him out of the game?"

welker's play was no different than edelman's pick on DRC. in either case I don't think the receiver was trying injure the defender.

It was different from Edelman's play -- if we're talking about the same play -- because Edelman's was simply a block. Completely legal.

I don't think Welker's hit was dirty but I think it was clearly a penalty. Edelman's was not.

It was different from Edelman's play -- if we're talking about the same play -- because Edelman's was simply a block. Completely legal.

I don't think Welker's it was dirty but I think it was clearly a penalty. Edelman's was not.

I am going to assume that Bill knows more than we do about football. Given how tight-lipped he usually is I am taking this to mean that there was something significantly different about how they went after Talib on that play. I am switching my vote.

Go Hawks.

Speaking of the Super Bowl, Gresh was talking about a meteorologist friend of his on the SportsHub this a.m. According to Gresh's bud the long range computer models show there are 3 potential snow events (Mon/Wed/Thurs) during SB week and a potential rain/snow event on Super Bowl Sunday. :D

**** Sherman is a punk.

Manning is our rival, but he is nothing but class. He is disliked only because he is Brady's rival. If that's the only reason to root for Sherman over Manning than that's petty.
I don't think the girl that Manning sexually harassed in college thinks that he is class. Just google Manning sexual harassment suit for details.

I just read Sherman's 'column' on MMQB and I'm not impressed. He's intelligent, well spoken, plays hard and obviously gives a darn about winning. But that doesn't exempt him from being a punk, thug, dope, fool, pick your own word.

He tries to blame his behavior on Crabtree shoving him in the face after Sherman tipped away the ball on the decisive INT in the end zone at the end of the game. Then he explains how Crabtree is bad dude he doesn't like from way back and recites the story of how he came to have an issue with Crabtree.

Guess what Richard? If we could explain away any of our actions by claiming someone made us mad and because we don't like them then chaos would ensue. In the NFL, player after player, some even greater than you (if you can believe that), have been taunted, slapped, kicked, insulted etc. and have not gone off like a self-important dimwit. It's called self-control, respect for the game which is making you rich. It's called being a grown up, not a little kid who doesn't understand why he can't kick his sister for making fun of him.

All that said, I hope he picks Manning 5X and the Seahawks destroy the Broncos.

I want to see the Manning Chokes again headlines.. and see the hypocritical media turn on him

I just read Sherman's 'column' on MMQB and I'm not impressed. He's intelligent, well spoken, plays hard and obviously gives a darn about winning. But that doesn't exempt him from being a punk, thug, dope, fool, pick your own word.

He tries to blame his behavior on Crabtree shoving him in the face after Sherman tipped away the ball on the decisive INT in the end zone at the end of the game. Then he explains how Crabtree is bad dude he doesn't like from way back and recites the story of how he came to have an issue with Crabtree.

Guess what Richard? If we could explain away any of our actions by claiming someone made us mad and because we don't like them then chaos would ensue. In the NFL, player after player, some even greater than you (if you can believe that), have been taunted, slapped, kicked, insulted etc. and have not gone off like a self-important dimwit. It's called self-control, respect for the game which is making you rich. It's called being a grown up, not a little kid who doesn't understand why he can't kick his sister for making fun of him.

All that said, I hope he picks Manning 5X and the Seahawks destroy the Broncos.
Eh, I dunno. There's something supremely ridiculous about wanting to see grown men launch themselves at each in attempt to dominate, dictate and destroy and then turn around five seconds after this brutality and chastise them for not being classy enough. I mean, what do we expect? It's so stupid. I have always hated the word "classy". I hate it when applied even towards our team. I just don't think "classiness" has any place in football, especially when you watch and listen to the game.

Forget the forehead, why would I want to root For Wes "I took your best CB out of the game" Welker over Richard Sherman? :confused:

I think a real coach would concentrate on winning the game. His player broke no team rules, no league rules, and violated no FCC rules. What is the big deal?

Any of you that would rather watch Wes and the Fivehead and the friggin Donkeys win over the Seahawks, just because Richard Sherman went on tv and told you how he really felt, are people I cannot relate to at all.

Michael Crabtree said something in the offseason to Sherman that was personal, that was something that he took offense to. Sherman talks strictly about football, strictly about on field stuff. He is a better player than Crabtree and showed it when it counted. Then he let the world know what they already know.

Lock him up and throw away the key!

Please don't take this as a personal attack. It is my opinion that was one dumb post.

He ran after Crabtree who was 15 yards away, got in his face, and gave him the double choke sign. Carroll should demand that his players have higher standards than that, and sitting him for a couple of series will make the point to him and others.

But you are entited to your opinion.

Welker cancels out any issue I have with Sherman...by a mile.

Frankly, I'm surprised the voting is only 3 to 1 in Sherman's favor. I thought general Peyton disdain would be far greater than the near 75% anti-Manning sentiment which the poll currently illustrates....

We'll never hear the end of it on several levels if manning and welker win the superbowl. I hope Sherman wins the game on a pick 6 that bounces off welkers hands.

Eh, I dunno. There's something supremely ridiculous about wanting to see grown men launch themselves at each in attempt to dominate, dictate and destroy and then turn around five seconds after this brutality and chastise them for not being classy enough. I mean, what do we expect? It's so stupid. I have always hated the word "classy". I hate it when applied even towards our team. I just don't think "classiness" has any place in football, especially when you watch and listen to the game.

Absolutely great post.

The gladiators playing our national bloodsport are emotional while destroying each other's bodies for a living. Who knew?

Also, Hercules Rockefeller: don't worry, this thread's discourse has switched from the we-promise-it's-not-racially-charged 'thug' to 'punk.'

Absolutely great post.

The gladiators playing our national bloodsport are emotional while destroying each other's bodies for a living. Who knew?

Also, Hercules Rockefeller: don't worry, this thread's discourse has switched from the we-promise-it's-not-racially-charged 'thug' to 'punk.'

I know that Hercules has one of those super secret decoder rings that identifies what words really, really mean.

But for bring up the subject in this forum, he will not longer be posting on this thread.

Sherman did not do himself or Stanford any favors last night, but look folks, "That's Entertainment!!"

I think he's pretty childish, but you know what? So are the vast majority of these NFL players.

Sherman went to Stanford.........:eek:

So 38 people would rather listen to "Peyton > Brady" for the next lifetime just because Richard Sherman asks Brady if he was mad after a close regular season game.

FAIL!

I hope Sherman gets five interceptions and sets a SB record for making a quarterback look incompetent.

GO HAWKS!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back