PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official "I predicted an undefeated season" Props thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all of you who predicted 16-0. I am jealous as I was nowhere near confident enough to place any money on it at the bookmakers. I thought that 13-3 or 14-2 were more likely and admit that I was wrong. How much did you all make, out of interest?

One of my close friends made close to 25,000 off of 50. He bet 50 in Vegas and whatever he won he applied to his next bet and so on. Eventually after the fourth or fifth game he bet 5,000 that they would go 16-0 and made out big time.

I hate to be a wet blanket (actually I love it:D ) but people have been predicting an undefeated season every year since 2001.;)

I hate to be a wet blanket (actually I love it:D ) but people have been predicting an undefeated season every year since 2001.;)

Yes, but you do have to admit, that the addition of Moss, Welker, and Stallworth on offense and AD on Defense - plus the return of Seau and Harrison was an offseason like no other.

I take no credit for noting what was obvious - this was a team that was one decent WR away from winning a Super Bowl, and our upgrades in the offseason were off the charts excellent.

That type of upgrade made it clear to me that Belichick had taken it to a new level - in the past all his teams were competitive contenders - but as I said back then, Belichick created this team to dominate - and that's exactly what they did for a good portion of the season.

But let's be clear - the team is 16-0 - they are not 19-0 and the games are going to be much harder from hereon out than the Giants game.

Last edited:
One of my close friends made close to 25,000 off of 50. He bet 50 in Vegas and whatever he won he applied to his next bet and so on. Eventually after the fourth or fifth game he bet 5,000 that they would go 16-0 and made out big time.

Good for him. If he has any tips, ask him to let me know.:D

What gets to me, flea, is some of the posters on here who claim that they *knew* that we would go 16-0 and yet don't seem to have put any money on it.

It's one to thing to say, at the beginning of the season, that the Pats COULD go 16-0, and another to claim it was very likely to happen when it wasn't. Remember, that there have only been two undefeated regular seasons in the modern era.

As ecstatic as I am that the Pats went 16-0 (again, much as I thought they wouldn't), they were one Rex Ryan timeout away from it happening...

Yes, but you do have to admit, that the addition of Moss, Welker, and Stallworth on offense and AD on Defense - plus the return of Seau and Harrison was an offseason like no other.

I take no credit for noting what was obvious - this was a team that was one decent WR away from winning a Super Bowl, and our upgrades in the offseason were off the charts excellent.

That type of upgrade made it clear to me that Belichick had taken it to a new level - in the past all his teams were competitive contenders - but as I said back then, Belichick created this team to dominate - and that's exactly what they did for a good portion of the season.

But let's be clear - the team is 16-0 - they are not 19-0 and the games are going to be much harder from hereon out than the Giants game.

Well said. Now, here's hoping for 3-0 in the postseason. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing