PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY: Patriots @ Cardinals Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree on the panic. BB waited to see whether AZ could get set in time for the FG.

On the spiking...4th down probably had a lot to do with it. ;)

Whats with Ariens blowing all his time outs so early?

I'm really interested in re-watching the game and focusing on the play of the offensive line (and to a lesser degree the defensive line as well).

But not tonight.

I'm just going to savor this victory.

The defense wasn't as good in the second half. I realize the Cards are super talented but the tackling was really bad and the third down defense was pretty bad again. Other than that, it was a great performance.

Plenty of coaching points for BB to harp on in practice this week. And best of all, we still won. Perfect week for BB. :D

Whats with Ariens blowing all his time outs so early?

That was absolutely fascinating. He's no dummy...my guess is that he wanted his offense to feel confident and unhurried. Timing-wise, it did work!

WHAT does Goodell do NOW?

Outlaw the Patriots?

He's probably on the phone right now getting Kensil on the next available flight to sweep the Phoenix stadium for any possible evidence, non-evidence, rumor, hearsay, or fabrication that could be considered to more probably than not be generally cheating.

Someone could open a post-game official thread , oh man I dont think I'll be able to slep any soon, already 1am here

Dungy can barely hide his disgust, and I love it!
Dungy also had to give BB and the rest of the staff major props. Has to be hard to acknowledge the guy you used to have a rivalry with has grown even better and shows no sign of slowing down while you're stuck on the talking head circuit for the rest of your life.

Why is everyone talking about the kicker, wasn't it the hold that cost them?

To cause panic for the other team.

Why didnt the cards rush down and spike the ball giving the FG a full clock?

Because it was 4th down?

You mean the Cards were going to decide on 4th and 5 with no timeouts and 1:06 left to either kick the FG or go for it?
I think BB just got lost in the moment. It happens.

Actually, IMO I think BB was watching ARZ to see if they were going to get their act together in time for the FG. If they looked confused or slow to line up, or similar, he would of let the clock run. But ARZ coaching staff made the decision, and the team made it out there quick enough and in a calm enough manner he realized that the tactical benefit he had hoped to materialize wasn't going to happen, and THEN he quickly called a TO.

If you watch the beginning of the down you CAN see ARZ in somewhat of disarray, but they recovered. There was just a bit too much time on the play clock, and ARZ too well coached, for the move to work in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back