PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official game 5 Celtics vs Pistons thread.

**** me, that was a little close for comfort. I'll take it though. I think I had 5 beers in the 4th alone.

They get so damn cocky and start screwing around, and they don't seem to listen to Doc. They need a loud, demanding coach.

Poor Hamilton...he got hurt trying to choke Ray Allen, the prick.
RIP is a jackass. His flopping and crying when he got his eye "poked". I'm glad he hurt his arm, he finally got injured for real this time.

I almost crapped myself. BUT ONE MORE GAME BABY!!!!!!!!! :singing::singing::rocker:

They get so damn cocky and start screwing around, and they don't seem to listen to Doc. They need a loud, demanding coach.

Poor Hamilton...he got hurt trying to choke Ray Allen, the prick.
you have to keep in mind that rondo is only in his second year and this is the first year of these guys playing together. i dont think they need a new coach. its amazing that they are one game from the finals considering all the mistakes they make. win or lose they are going to be much better next year. we will take the win no matter how ugly it is.:rocker:

you have to keep in mind that rondo is only in his second year and this is the first year of these guys playing together. i dont think they need a new coach. its amazing that they are one game from the finals considering all the mistakes they make. win or lose they are going to be much better next year. we will take the win no matter how ugly it is.:rocker:

True. It just annoys me when you see Doc on the sidelines saying "Rondo, take the open shot" and Rondo still passes it. Or earlier this year, he was trying to get Rondo to cover a guy closer and Rondo wouldn't do it, he stayed way off the guy no matter what, Doc was screaming...If a player did that on a BB coached team that player would be out...and maybe gone.

Losing is not an option. The future is now and you can't say they will be better next year as some other team might come on and its over. Rhondo will be the man in a few years, and who knows, someone else steps up (Big Baby) or is acquired and they make another run. But for now, if Allan is truly back, the Celtics are going to be very hard to beat twice in a row.
What's the over/under on Rasheed getting banned for game 7.

Last edited:
Losing is not an option. The future is now and you can't say they will be better next year as some other team might come on and its over. Rhondo will be the man in a few years, and who knows, someone else steps up (Big Baby) or is acquired and they make another run. But for now, if Allan is truly back, the Celtics are going to be very hard to beat twice in a row.
What's the over/under on Rasheed getting banned for game 7.

I'd send someone like Tony Allen out just to jaw at him, provoke him.

Tommy is right, the Celts have to worry about the Pistons trapping them like they did towards the end. It kills us and we couldn't do squat, I really hope they find a way to overcome that.

I'm not gonna complain and say waaaaaaah we blew a 17 point lead however the Pistons did find a weakness and way to throw off the Celtics offense. The Pistons got a lot of 3 pointers though, otherwise we woulda smoked them.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong I wanna get this series over in Game Six but it would be sweet for them to advance in a game seven at the Garden which I think will happen.

Last edited:
True. It just annoys me when you see Doc on the sidelines saying "Rondo, take the open shot" and Rondo still passes it. Or earlier this year, he was trying to get Rondo to cover a guy closer and Rondo wouldn't do it, he stayed way off the guy no matter what, Doc was screaming...If a player did that on a BB coached team that player would be out...and maybe gone.
rondo is young and has all the physically tools but mentally hes just a little kid out there sometimes.

rondo is young and has all the physically tools but mentally hes just a little kid out there sometimes.
I want him to shoot when he is open obviously. He makes bad mental mistakes sometimes but he has been getting better. One play that made me swear was when the shot clock was running down to 0 and he had a WIDE open shot and he passed it to KG who couldn't get it off and I think he either got it stolen or got a shot clock violation.

On FSN they said Wallace is complaining about the refs in his presser and even swore a few times. They said they are gonna show it.

Phew! Seemed like they were trying to give that game away in the 4th. Offense stagnated again. I thought the refs were HORRIBLE this game, but horrible both ways. At least they did a ****ty job for both teams, not one-sided. Why can't the NBA get competent refs?

Phew! Seemed like they were trying to give that game away in the 4th. Offense stagnated again. I thought the refs were HORRIBLE this game, but horrible both ways. At least they did a ****ty job for both teams, not one-sided. Why can't the NBA get competent refs?
The "flagrant" on PJ made me want to throw up on my TV screen.

Last edited:
Great game 5. It's going to be 2 more games of who wants it more. With the inconsistencies I saw tonight I expect a loss in Detroit and an epic game 7. We haven't been this close in 21 years.

The Pistons are tough and battle tested. This is a series. LA all but rapped up the Western Conf. last night. Does a Celtic-Laker finals sound good to you? Does to me.

Has there been a better time in history to be a sports fan in NE? Pats, Sox, Celtics. C'mon Bruins, get back to the glory.

1986 will be an afterthought compared to this decade of NE dominance.

The "flagrant" on PJ made me want to throw up on my TV screen.

Terrible, just terrible. But then they don't call one on Pierce when he literally steps up and tackles Billups. I probably wouldn't call either one a flagrant, but the one Pierce did was in no way a basketball move, which is part of how they determine flagrant. If I was a Pistons fan I'd have been pissed about that.

Also the T's on Sheed and Perk were stupid, perfect example of a ref trying to show that he's the boss rather than letting guys vent a little in the 4th quarter of a crucial playoff game.

Who's working game 6, Violet Palmer and Tim Donaghy?

Also 13 assists vs 1 turnover for Rondo, great stuff there, not to mention Perk's game and Ray Allen coming to life!

As a Heat fan who went through an Eastern Conference finals with the Pistons a couple of years ago:

YOU GUYS HAVE TO SHUT THE DOOR ON THEM IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!!

So lucky they didn't come back and take HCA away from you again. The players do their jobs, but Doc Rivers' coaching almost blew it in the 4th. If this happens again, I don't think the Celts luck will be as good.

As for the other 3 quarters, very impressive stuff. You guys looked like champs out there up until the 4th. Keep it up. Hopefully you beat them in Game 6 and get to celebrate on those dirtbags' home court.

As a Heat fan who went through an Eastern Conference finals with the Pistons a couple of years ago:

YOU GUYS HAVE TO SHUT THE DOOR ON THEM IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!!

I agree. Personally, I think this is the one part of the game where KG struggles a bit. He gets that deer in the headlights look sometimes. They should have been feeding it into the post down the stretch, and he should be looking to attack if he is singled up 1 on 1. He passed up quite a few open looks last night in the 4th quarter that he should have cashed in.

I agree. Personally, I think this is the one part of the game where KG struggles a bit. He gets that deer in the headlights look sometimes. They should have been feeding it into the post down the stretch, and he should be looking to attack if he is singled up 1 on 1. He passed up quite a few open looks last night in the 4th quarter that he should have cashed in.

They ALL looked a little shaky in the 4th last night, they were choking a little bit, good thing they did just enough right to pull out the win.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back