Welcome to PatsFans.com

Official Futbol 2014/2015 thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by condon84, Aug 27, 2014.

1. condon84

condon84 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

Don't see a thread on European soccer here so I might as well start one.

Team I follow - Arsenal

Season is already starting to fall apart. Giroud's gone for 3-4 months. Might be time for a panic buy and go get Cavani.

2. condon84

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

3. condon84

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

Was hoping for a more established striker but Welbeck is better than current option in the team.

United did well getting Falcao and Blind. Should be interesting how all their new signings work out.

4. SeymourTrophies

SeymourTrophies Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

Welbeck is an interesting signing. He seemed to excel under a good manager. He's got the right amount of slickness and grit to excel with Wenger. Arsenal were never going to sign Cavani. PSG have invested in him, and unlike Monaco, whose sugar daddy seems to be giving up after one year of ownership (he also got taken to the cleaners in a divorce), PSG aren't going to sell their best players.

On paper, Falcao, Blind, and Di Maria are good signings, but they're still gonna get played off of the field against the good teams. They have nobody who can even compete with Chelsea, Arsenal, and City in the midfield. They really flubbed it by putting all of their eggs in the Vidal basket. United fans seem confident that Strootman comes in January, but it'd make no sense for Roma to sell unless their season goes completely down the tubes.

5. condon84

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

I think Arsenal really needs a defensive midfielder. Missing out on Khediera was huge IMO. Arteta and Flamini just aren't strong enough. Just watching them play against City, you could see how a tough midfielder like Fernandinho can do to opposing midfields.

I thought Arsenal also should have gone after Xabi Alonso when he became available. Would have strengthened our midfield defensively.

Another issue is Ozil playing out wide. It's crazy that he's playing a position that has to be counted on to track back and play defense. He's just not that type of player. Arsenal is constantly getting beat out wide on his side.

I missed out on MU last game so I don't know how they played with their new personnel. Di Maria has been in form for quite some time now so I'm not surprised he played well according to what I've read. They're midfield is not strong, but Van Gaal's tactics has always been about counter attacking with their wide players.

6. condon84

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

It can't get any worse defensively than that game last night against Dortmund. It was like 11 vs 9 out on the pitch.

7. condon84

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

What a great weekend in the EPL!

Ozil back in form, Man U getting embarrassed, Liverpool taking an L, City and Chelsea only getting a single point.

[​IMG]

8. Connecticut

Connecticut Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

9. condon84

Ratings:
    +327 / 8 / -7

Ozil injured and might be gone for good. Wenger is a stubborn old Frenchman. Just play the guy in his preferred position.

Chelsea looks like they could coast all the way to the title.