PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official former Pats cut thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patrick Pass released by Texans

Gorin axed by the Cards.

Bethel Johnson couldn't stick with the Texans either, though I don't think that's worthy of its own thread, so I just figured I'd post it here

Read above.

Alert the press. Beisel has survived the Cards' final cut.

How do you figure that the interior depth becomes wafer thin? They would still have Yates, Elgin and Mruczkowski there. Yates is a lot better than people give him credit for. Elgin moved past Mruczkowski, from what I saw and should do well if the Pats can keep him on the team.

Yates is alright, esp. at RG.
Elgin is unproven.
Mruc is unworthy.

Just because they have names with which we are familiar, doesn't mean that they have talent which we can recognize.

Good news for you, Cap'n!
'Skins released Tucker day before yesterday...

I would give him a call.

And as long as we're trying out punters, let's bring in other position groups, too...such as Strong Safeties.

Speaking of released OLinemen, on August 4th the Falcons released Doug Datish, one of their 6th-round picks this year. No injury was mentioned in their press release. I suppose that they were busy with other matters at the time. Datish was the guy I wanted the NEP to draft, if they wanted an OLineman, instead of Oldenburg. It seems strange to release a draft choice before the first pre-season game.

Texans cut Bethel, Poole

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3564

The Texans announced their cuts and at least two former Patriots were on it, namely Bethel Johnson and Tyrone Poole (Brandon Mitchell was another name, but I'm not sure if that's our Brandon Mitchell). Keenan McCardell, Dexter McCleon, Darius Walker, Wali Lundy, and Jared Zabransky are some of the other recognizable names on the list.

Is this the end of Bethel's (short and unspectacular) NFL career?

Elgin is unproven.
Mruc is unworthy.

Just because they have names with which we are familiar, doesn't mean that they have talent which we can recognize.
Mruc is a good shadow roster lineman..he's not bad..knows the system a good backup to have..if there are injuries..Elgin is new..might be better over time..but I don't think we know that now..they are both down from the 8-9 that will make the team..

Elgin is unproven.
Mruc is unworthy.

Need I remind you that Dan Koppen was unproven also. Yet he was able to step in towards the end of the season when Woody went down.

I don't know your meaning of "alright", but I wouldn't have an issue with Yates at center or guard if there was an injury. He is on par with Hochstein, IMHO. And its why I believe the Pats extended him for 3 years.

As for Mruczkowski being "unworthy" he's a back-up. And he's behind Elgin on my depth list. But that doesn't mean he's BAD. It just means that Elgin is better, imho.

As for Mruczkowski being "unworthy" he's a back-up. And he's behind Elgin on my depth list. But that doesn't mean he's BAD. It just means that Elgin is better, imho.
I think if they needed a backup interior lineman at this time, I think Mrucz would be their guy...he's a solid backup. Elgin may have more potential long term no doubt, but not now. They can and will cut Mrucz and he'll become a part of their shadow roster...where Elgin will hopefully be part of the PSquad.

I don't see Elgin making it to the Shadow Roster. I'd be willing to bet that Denver, amongst others, is just praying that we try to do that. Elgin would work great in Denver's Zone Blocking scheme and its why I believe the Pats drafted him.

No...you don't think he'll make it to the practice Squad?? You might be right...but I wonder if they will keep him on the 53...might depend on how hurt Hochstein is...if he is IR'ed yes a good shot. I like Elgin...think he will make a solid lineman.

Quadtrine Hill cut by the Bears
Michael Stone on IR with the Giants

Quadtrine Hill cut by the Bears
Michael Stone on IR with the Giants

Little old news. Stone was a week or two ago.

Hill was waived/injured and went to the IR.

No...you don't think he'll make it to the practice Squad?? You might be right...but I wonder if they will keep him on the 53...might depend on how hurt Hochstein is...if he is IR'ed yes a good shot. I like Elgin...think he will make a solid lineman.

Elgin is okay, but he's a bantamweight.

Chidi Iwuoma axed by the Steelers.

Casey Bramlet cut by the Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back