PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***** Official Deus Irae 9/7/2014 game observations (and more) thread *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simple, disagree with Deus when he is criticizing the Patriots, which is most of the time, and you automatically gain entry.

Deus is really the only person who sees everything with crystal clear clarity, those who don't agree with him are clouded by the fog on their rose colored glasses and can't think clearly or intelligently.It is not unadulterated arrogance on his part he is just always right.

I disagreed with him once for his calling Belichick an idiot even while agreeing with his overall point that letting Welker go was a mistake.

This was enough to get him to actually bah-bah at me like a sheep along with about a dozen various other mindless homer insults.

I don't think we've been in a good place ever since.. ;)

JMC00 is one of the White Knights of the Order of the Insane Homer Posse. Like most of the other members of that group, he sees the speck of sawdust in his Brother's eye, but does not see the plank in his own.

For someone who consistently talks down to other posters, rams your opinions down other people's throats, and thinks anyone who doesn't agree with you are morons and homers; should you really be trashing other posters for attacking you?

Thank you for sharing the secret to admission in the "White Knights of the Order of the Insane Homer Posse."

I doubt I'll ever get in.

I used to disagree with Deus Irae all the time when he had that ominous black avatar on the old board. Now that he's showing up as this woman in a ballroom gown with hoop earrings, I'm afraid to argue with him. But please don't share that with anyone. My therapist is getting rich trying to help me move past being intimidated by attractive confident women dressed in black named after post-apocalyptic novels.

Goheels, as your therapist, I thought I should weigh in. I am also baffled by why you are intimidated by attractive confident women dressed in black named after post-apocalyptic novels, I just can't figure it out. We will need many additional (expensive) therapy sessions. First, let's talk about the issues you had with your first ex-wife (Cantique. L. Leizbowitz). The following week, let's discuss your issues with your second ex-wife (Wanda W. Zie), and after that your third ex-wife (Theodora Stand). That should help us to figure things out before your big date with your girlfriend, Iris M. Legend.

Last edited:
Goheels, as your therapist, I thought I should weigh in. I am also baffled by why you are intimidated by attractive confident women dressed in black named after post-apocalyptic novels, I just can't figure it out. We will need many additional (expensive) therapy sessions. First, let's talk about the issues you had with your first ex-wife (Cantique. L. Leizbowitz). The following week, let's discuss your issues with your second ex-wife (Wanda W. Zie), and after that your third ex-wife (Theodora Stand). That should help us to figure things out before your big date with your girlfriend, Iris M. Legend.

As a big believer in music therapy, I highly recommend listening to Songs of Susannah during your therapy sessions. :)

Minor critique: I am not sure that a canticle for leibowitz technically has the length to qualify as a novel; otherwise A- literary-allusion effort!

Minor critique: I am not sure that a canticle for leibowitz technically has the length to qualify as a novel; otherwise A- literary-allusion effort!

Gumby, my man, regarding this post, I have to reluctantly agree with your critique about The Post, Man. Tomorrow I will soon be Gone as I hit The Road, to Unwind for a weekend at The Beach enjoying The Wild Shore, where I will be The Host of ruminations about the necessity of this being The Swan Song for me being The Giver of this type of weak attempt at post-apocalyptic humor, for which unfortunately, I Am Legend.

Last edited:
I disagreed with him once for his calling Belichick an idiot even while agreeing with his overall point that letting Welker go was a mistake.

This was enough to get him to actually bah-bah at me like a sheep along with about a dozen various other mindless homer insults.

I don't think we've been in a good place ever since.. ;)

That's actually very easy to fix you simply have to agree with everything he says.

That's actually very easy to fix you simply have to agree with everything he says.

You know, the ironic thing is, you and I had a very similar exchange over the exact same topic.

You called Belichick an idiot for releasing Welker. I snarked at you for using that kind of condemnation while agreeing that letting Welker go was a mistake.

We exchanged a couple snarky responses and then moved on.

Kind of like actual adults who agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Collins was a bad pick because the team had other, more pressing, positional needs that could have been filled with players from strong draft groups. It's not Collins' fault, and it doesn't matter how he turns out. It goes back to Belichick trying to out think the room on the Tavon Wilson pick.

Could have been:
Elam/Cyprien/Swearinger

Swearinger: Bust (Cut 2 years before rookie deal was up)
Elam: Bust (Even Ozzie Newsome says he has been a bust)
Cyprien: Bust

How cute... one of of the clueless anklebiters on ignore is necroing a thread.

iu

July it is what it is .........

@Ian

Ignore button seems to be busting.

Mine's working fine. An ignored person only shows up as posting if they are the most recent post

You are ignoring content by this member. Show Ignored Content

or if you hover over the "show ignored content" line, and you don't actually see what they've posted.

It's not perfect, but it's still a beautiful thing.

Last edited:
has deus ever admitted to being wrong about something without qualification?

Mine's working fine. An ignored person only shows up as posting if they are the most recent post, or if you hover over the "show ignored content" line, and you don't actually see what they've posted.

It's not perfect, but it's still a beautiful thing.

Have to wonder how much of Deus's Ignore List is comprised of posters that are actually pretty cool people with opinions worth reading but who get snarky when responding to scathing insults and attempts to belittle over tiny differences in opinion.

Yes, letting Welker go was a huge mistake.

No Belichick isn't an idiot.

Last edited:
Yeah, hence "busting" not busted
has deus ever admitted to being wrong about something without qualification?

I can't speak for others, but I know I haven't.

Better question, does a troll ever admit to being nothing........?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down