PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official cut players we want to sign post [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PFT: Bengals cut Willie Anderson

If "they" wanted him to take a pay cut, we have to assume "we" would too. I love the option but hard to gauge without knowing what he'll get paid. Not being able to watch much Cinci, is this guy a strict LT or can he possibly translate to RT as well? Nimble or road grader?

Im pretty sure he spent a lot of time playing RT in Cincy. Could be wrong though.

you just know they are debating on cutting cassel and jackson right now at gillette

FWIW...Rumor on both the Jets and Vikings messageboards:

The Jets will trade back-up QB Kellen Clemens to the vikes for running back Chester Taylor.This makes sense as the Vikes wanted to draft Clemens,but the Jets beat them to it in the 2nd Rd.

This also fits with the cut of RB Jesse Chatman by the Jets.If true this would have left the Jets with only 2 RB's.Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.

Im pretty sure he spent a lot of time playing RT in Cincy. Could be wrong though.

That, to me, makes him at least a bit more interesting. I'm not one of those who thinks Light is even remotely on the bubble, and quite frankly, the only reason to consider it is Neal's injury, and the possibility that Nick could move to RG (and not sure he transitions well to this, just positing), but having played RT certainly could open the option. Ultimately seems like money would be factor 1, health (injury recovery) factor 2, and ability of Nick to go RG factor 3.

FWIW...Rumor on both the Jets and Vikings messageboards:

The Jets will trade back-up QB Kellen Clemens to the vikes for running back Chester Taylor.This makes sense as the Vikes wanted to draft Clemens,but the Jets beat them to it in the 2nd Rd.

This also fits with the cut of RB Jesse Chatman by the Jets.If true this would have left the Jets with only 2 RB's.Thomas Jones and Leon Washington.

They like Ainge and Ratliff that much huh?

Anderson is a legitimate dominator at tackle. I'd love to have him at either bookend. Unfortunately, the NFL.com blog quotes the Cincy Inquirer as Anderson saying "They wanted me to take a pay cut, I wouldn't do it." Doesn't exactly sound like he will come here at a discount or anything.

So if Clemmens goes to the Vikings, do you guys see him starting or playing backup to the god awful Jackson.

They like Ainge and Ratliff that much huh?

Especially Ratliff.....he's been lighting it up in preseason.His first name is BRETT,btw.

Taylor makes sense as Thomas Jones has been a disappointment.No surprise there.....The Bears knew he was a stiff,when they traded him for almost nothing.

Willie Anderson NOW, please

do not undersestimate the the Pats ability to attract veteran players, nor the inabilty of a completely disfunctional operation like Cincinatti to do the same.

Cinci is taking on water and sinking fast. Why would a pro bowl player like Anderson is not going to take a pay cut to stay? I say we do whatever is needed get him now, solidify the line, the running game, and the Franchise.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Rumors of Kellen deal greatly exaggerated
August 30, 2008

There are a lot of rumors making the rounds today, and one of them has the Jets trading backup QB Kellen Clemens to the Vikings.

Not true.

I checked into it, and I’m told there’s no chance of Clemens being dealt.

By Rich Cimini on August 30, 2008 4:56 PM

Anderson is a legitimate dominator at tackle. I'd love to have him at either bookend. Unfortunately, the NFL.com blog quotes the Cincy Inquirer as Anderson saying "They wanted me to take a pay cut, I wouldn't do it." Doesn't exactly sound like he will come here at a discount or anything.

How many times have you heard that quote from a player and then have him sign for less than the pay cut somewhere else. A lot of players either misjudge the market or just feel that asking for the pay cut from a team they gave their heart and soul to is an insult and rather play somewhere else for less. Don't count out Anderson's desire to win a ring after playing for a crappy team his entire career.

How many times have you heard that quote from a player and then have him sign for less than the pay cut somewhere else. A lot of players either misjudge the market or just feel that asking for the pay cut from a team they gave their heart and soul to is an insult and rather play somewhere else for less. Don't count out Anderson's desire to win a ring after playing for a crappy team his entire career.

See Colvin, Roosevelt as an example ;)

On a somewhat related note, this is the Bengals we're talking about, they have a habit of pissing off their players. Maybe he just wants out.

Re: Willie Anderson NOW, please

do not undersestimate the the Pats ability to attract veteran players, nor the inabilty of a completely disfunctional operation like Cincinatti to do the same.

Cinci is taking on water and sinking fast. Why would a pro bowl player like Anderson is not going to take a pay cut to stay? I say we do whatever is needed get him now, solidify the line, the running game, and the Franchise.

Yeah, Anderson is 33 and coming off an injury. Doubtful he is going to break the bank. He has played for the Bengals for his career and has been to the playoffs I think once and lost. He might want that ring since he is likely to get offers for the veteran minimum plus incentives.

On a somewhat related note, this is the Bengals we're talking about, they have a habit of pissing off their players. Maybe he just wants out.

Would you blame him?

So if Clemmens goes to the Vikings, do you guys see him starting or playing backup to the god awful Jackson.

backup......but more like 1a and 1b.
The Vikes also just cut back-up QB Brooks Bollinger.

Just an FYI.... Reche Caldwell got the axe.

caldwell3ad.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back