PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official cut players we want to sign post [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official cut players we want to sign post

Rudi....Rudi....Rudi...

Willie Anderson....if he can still play.

Or Max Starks in some type of trade who is on the block with a surplus amount of OL players at Pittsburgh.
DW Toys

Over 500 players will be cut in the next 24 hours. As they are cut I thought we'd have one post for players we might want to sign.
The Vikes just cut QB Brooks Bolinger. Had a decent few games last year in Minn. Has to be a Cassel upgrade?
DW Toys

Yeah, I'd say Willie Anderson is worth bringing to take a look at. A bit more depth on the o-line would be nice.

Willie Anderson let go by the Bengals after refusing a pay cut. He's a former Pro Bowl RT, but has had some injury problems the past few years and lost his starting job.

Ashley Lelie also cut by the 49ers.

Willie andrews may DEFINITELY be worth a workout.

PFT: Bengals cut Willie Anderson

Any takers??

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/30/bengals-cut-willie-anderson/

BENGALS CUT WILLIE ANDERSON
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 30, 2008, 3:51 p.m. EDT

We reported this afternoon that the Cincinnati Bengals asked tackle Willie Anderson to take a pay cut, and now we know Anderson’s answer.

“They wanted me to take a pay cut,” Anderson told The Cincinnati Enquirer. “I wouldn’t do it.”

So now Anderson is no longer a member of the Bengals, after 12 seasons and five Pro Bowls.

Anderson will become an unrestricted free agent, and presumably he’ll sign with someone soon. Although there are lingering injury issues, reliable veteran offensive tackles are always in demand.

Re: Pft: Bengals cut willie anderson

Holy hell, man.

this would be a nice pickup if they could pull it off

I wonder how much he has left? A dominating run blocker in his prime. I doubt he'll take the kind of contract the Patriots will offer.

he wouldn't be a starter at this point and if he wouldn't take a pay cut for them he's probably not worth the cap hit.

Re: PFT: Bengals cut Willie Anderson

why is ever single cut player merged? it's gonna be like 400 posts. it will take 20 minutes to look through and you'll never know who gets cut. unless there is a sticky of just names and no comments.

why is ever single cut player merged? it's gonna be like 400 posts. it will take 20 minutes to look through and you'll never know who gets cut. unless there is a sticky of just names and no comments.

Otherwise the main board will take 20 minutes to look through. There are other places to get a concise list for those that want it, I presume.

NFL.com Cuts Blog

This link should just be added to the original post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back