PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Celtics vs Cavaliers series Thread

patriotspride

Banned
Reaction score
the celtics cant afford to have a let down in game one.

Last edited:
The Celts are going to win this don't worry. As long as they bring the defense they have played at home to Cleveland at least once, there should be no worries. Most everyone was all over the place on defense, blocks and steals by a lot of different guys. We need to bring that to the Cavs on the road. But it may be hard if the refs are anything like they were in Atlanta.

LeBron will be the hero or goat for the Cavs

If he is hot the Cavs have a great shot,If he is off his game the Celts win in 5 games.

Doc is going to screw this up in a way that only he can.
Mind boggling 4th quarter coaching decisions, horrible roster and time management, slow or non-existent adjustments, and clueless offensive strategy.

The 08 Celtics are like the Chargers under Schottenheimer or Norv Turner

Game 1

Celtics - 102
Cavs - 94

If you ever wanted a more clearcut case of a superstar getting a call that's it. A flagrant foul? Are you fucking shitting me?

Good defensive game so far. Garnett and Rondo are lighting it up in the first half. Lebron has been fouled on just about every shot or drive he has tried to take. Pierce has been shooting like crap.

Last edited:
the refs suck again. Tony Allen absolutely stinks...he offers nothing out there imo. We are not shooting well. how can a team shoot well from 30 feet away but miss virtualy every shot from 2 feet or less?????

Last edited:
This game isn't pretty

Way too many turn overs. CMON! This game is getting worse by the minute.

Thank god Lebron isn't having a good game shooting.

Last edited:
Did Allen and Pierce forget to show up for this game?

Thank god for Garnett! Great defense but thats about as much as I can say. Cassel made a few key shots for us in the fourth. Pierce and Allen what the hell was wrong with them. Allen really needs to step it up.

Last edited:
If the Patriots had played like the Celtics just did, I think I'd be more upset with the game. But then again, I'm far more passionate about the Pats.

That was an entertaining game. Tough defense and close to the end. Actually reminds me of the tough Pats games of old. Let's hope Ray Allen picks it up offensively, but Pierce will probably have more nights like this as he hounds James defensively (and James does the same).

Garnett finished a hell of a game in the fourth and made the big shots when he had to make 'em. Player of the game.

Expect this series to be real ugly.A battle for every single point.

Did Allen and Pierce forget to show up for this game?

You don't think Pierce did a great job defensively on LeBron? I think that was his major assignment for the night...shut down LeBron as much as you can.

Ray on the other hand....

Great D by the Celts all night, hopefully they can keep that intensity up through the rest of the series. I just wish Comcast sports was still broadcasting the games so we could get some Mike and Tommy going, the announcers last night were pretty bad.

Doc is going to screw this up in a way that only he can.
Mind boggling 4th quarter coaching decisions, horrible roster and time management, slow or non-existent adjustments, and clueless offensive strategy.

The 08 Celtics are like the Chargers under Schottenheimer or Norv Turner

Mav has bingo. Doc is a great motivator, and does understand the game, but his X's & O's coaching is BRUTAL. Marty Scottenheimer is a great comparrison Mav.

The Celtics played great defense, but Sir Charles is right. Lebron shouldn't be the one facilitating the offense. He should be running through screens to get free. I'd expect the Cavs to adjust accordingly. The Celts simply doubled him frontally, so as to not allow any avenue to the basket. If the King is going to beat them, he's going to have to do it with jump shots. Watch them run hom off screens though. That's what I'd do.

Lebron had 10 TO's and hit 2 shots, yet the Celtics almost lost. I'm not feeling too good here. Why is Cassell getting so many minutes? I like SamIAm, but only for the purpose intended, back up minutes. Rondo should be playing 38-40 a night. Sam hit shots last night, which he can do, and is required with our offensively challenged second unit. However, he guns it up when he's on the floor with the starters. Doc's rotations & substitutions are mind boggling to say the least. I've been a huge supporter of Rivers over the years, but OMG is he a bad X's & O's guy.

BTW, Pierce was terrible last night. Good D, which is what's important, but offensively he was gross. He looked like the Pierce that played on 20 win teams. Trying to do it all offensively.

Last edited:

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back