Welcome to PatsFans.com

Official Bruins Make the Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins Fan Talk' started by TommyBrady12, Apr 10, 2010.

1. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +373 / 34 / -24

#12 Jersey

Bruins are in, and with Montreal losing :D they will play either Buffalo or NJ. I'd much rather see Buffalo. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow. Bruins have the 6th spot locked up, which means Thomas will most likely be in net tomorrow against the Caps.

2. TommyBrady12

Ratings:
    +373 / 34 / -24

#12 Jersey

bruins v sabres. this is the matchup i wanted.

3. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

I went to the caps/bruins game yesterday and I must say I was kind of pleased with the way the bruins played.....They sat Chara, Bergeron and Recchi and they played with more intensity than I have seen and they moved the puck around and scored.....I am hoping that they can keep it up and keep the fire heading into the playoffs and kick some sabre ass......

Go Bruins!!!!!

4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Me too. I have doubts that they'd win a game vs. Pitt or NJ or WAS. However I think they can make it a good series vs. the Sabres, and hopefully if they win they can get some confidence behind them.

Without Savard though, I'd be mildly surprised to see them win a series.

5. TommyBrady12

Ratings:
    +373 / 34 / -24

#12 Jersey

i mean i'll be happy if the bruins win 1 playoff series. i'm not expecting them to do much without Savard and our anemic scoring. But winning 1 round would give a lot of confidence going into next year.

6. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

The bruins CAN win the stanley cup but someone needs to step up as a scorer.....They are pushing too many people up too quickly and the other team is coming back 3 on 2 and scoring....We need to get some early goals so we don't need to press and we should settle in and be fine with our defense......We need rask to play good because Thomas just blows.....After watching him yesterday he was horrible not just in giving up the goals but his angles and everything sucked......The ONLY time he looked good was in the shootout.....maybe that will give him a little confidence if we need him in the playoffs but hopefully we won't.....