PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Broncos @ Pats POST-game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lack of faith was prevalent around here......

Fletcher and Collins have a huge part in success

Not much is better than beating a Peyton Manning team. Even better is the fact that we came back from 24 down.

Peyton just really isn't good in cold weather. Even if the Broncos host a playoff game, Mile High doesn't have a roof and could be a disaster for Peyton and co.

That was just a great game.

Bit competitive in photo land tonight:

ku-xlarge.gif

I never gave up on you guys last season on Sunday night down by 28, and believed you could come back and you almost did! So like hell I was going to give up on you guys tonight, and I didn't!

Have you ever seen a team more resilient than the Patriots? I haven't! This is why I hope for 19-0 every season with Brady and Belichick.

New England Patriots I salute you! :hail: :youtheman:

OK negative nancys, holding your panty wetting till the morning and enjoy the win, how about an automatic ban to whoever *****es before 10am eastern tomorrow morning? :rocker::bricks::rocker:

Welker had 2 drops in the 4th/OT. Also f'ed up the punt at the end.

I don't care the Amendola did nothing tonight, he was the better player in the end.

The punt issue is on Carter, not Welker. Carter was out of position because he was late to the block.

Welker's the hero who picks up the critical first down if Manning doesn't throw that pass way behind him, allowing Collins to make a play on it. People here are letting their homerism get the better of them.

It was a sweet win with plenty to love. There's no need to go reaching in order to bash a former player.

wow never imagined this ending after that nightmare of a 1st quarter.

I will admit that I flipped over to The Walking Dead (but did keep flipping back during commercials!). First I was happy they scored at all. Then when the Pats scored their second TD, some hope started to pour in. Great job by the D to shut out Manning at the end of the 4th and OT.

Think about this.....

When it was time to win, Peyton Manning couldn't even make throws. I'm not talking about making major throws. I'm talking about being physically unable to make throws. Belichick bet against Peyton Manning's arm strength tonight, and he won the bet.

I agree. I don't think it was a secret that Peyton doesn't have the zip he used to, and never had Brady's zip. There was a lot of wind. To me, the most surprising thing was so many bad turn overs so quickly.

Great win, but Bill needs to contact League office on Monday about the inconsistency of these penalties. The refs are jobing the Pats too much. How can you call the PI on Nink but then not call it on Jammer (I think) who mobbed Thompkins? Peyton shoudn't have even had a td to Thomas. The PI kept that drive going.

Hightower might be riding the bench a bit more now (unless he was injured tonight, then disregard that).

Fletch and Collins played solid. Not great, but made plays when needed. Fletcher was stuffing some runs and Collins wasn't a huge liability in coverage. He even caued ol' Buttefingers to drop (another) pass

I like this gif from NESN.com

brady.gif

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Predicatable NFL.com headline

Too predictable from those NY-based headline writers. I fully expect some "comeback falls short" headlines.

EDIT: LOL< they even have a second headline below that:

The Broncos lost a 24-point lead to the Patriots only to storm back to force overtime before a special teams gaffe cost them the game in extra time.

Wow, what an absolutely devastating loss. Doesn't get much worse than that.

The only consolation is that it's the regular season, and we'll be able to build off of that and hopefully improve for the playoffs. But it's definitely not a good sign when you're rooting for your team to run the ball in OT rather than let Manning throw it.

Amazing how much better the defense played once Fletcher came in for Hightower.

I may have been really negative early in the game but, for that I apologize. Never turned off the game. NEVER EVER LEAVE/TURN OFF A BRADY/BB GAME EARLY! Easily the most incredible game I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back