PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Binkie Thread

I'm adding WR Martavis Bryant from Clemson to my list. 6'5" 210 ran a 4.34 and 4.36 at the Combine, reminds me of Randy Moss. Would love to snag him in the 3rd round (if available). He's a project, but I like him better than Brandon Coleman.

http://youtu.be/EBY_lsCjCT4

Many players I like but only a few binkies.

1. Lache Seastrunk- I don't care that we don't need him. Beast rb.

2. Zach Martin- looks almost like the perfect guard.

3. James Gayle- my fav pass rusher in the entire draft. He will get effort sacks 4sure.

4. Daquan Jones- dt that seems to know exactly where the rb is.

5. Jason Verrett- sticky corner.

6. Allen Robinson- if he was faster I think he would be top10.

7. Aaron Donald- super disruptive but I still think his size will somewhat neutralize him at the next level.

For the heck of it I'll throw out next year's binky as well. Eric Striker-pass rusher for the sooners that runs amazing arcs. Dips his shoulder better than Robert Quinn imo.

Nikita Whitlock 2013 numbers - 9 sacks, 3 breakups, 2 blocked kicks, 2 forced fumbles, 82 tackles, 14 tackles in one game, 19 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Whitlock was sometimes being double and triple-teamed.

Nikita Whitlock 2013 numbers - 9 sacks, 3 breakups, 2 blocked kicks, 2 forced fumbles, 82 tackles, 14 tackles in one game, 19 tackles behind the line of scrimmage. Whitlock was sometimes being double and triple-teamed.

He's probably going to be a FB or MLB in the NFL but maybe, just maybe a pass down DE/DT. He lacks the size but has decent quickness. Anyway he's a great character and is the type that will do his best to succeed regardless. BB will love his football personality.

1. Max Bullough – 3rd round value could be available in 6th or 7th. Maybe a real ILB steal.
2. Vinnie Sunseri – if he didn’t get injured had 1st or 2nd round value with strong football IQ
3. Nikita Whitlock – one tough football player who will help any team
4. Deone Buccanon - back-to-back 100+ tackling seasons at Washington State and has good size.
5. DaQuan Jones – tough DT who stayed at Penn State even with the problems….showed character when he stayed at PSU.
6. Gabe Ikard – 4 year starter at OU and played both center and guard. Also an Academic All-American
7. Mogan Moses – terrific run blocker with immense size at OT and surprising agility
8. Josh Mauro - DE at Stanford playing opposite Skov. Very versatile and actually played NT, DT and DE in a game against UCLA last year. BB loves flexibility and he is a nasty player.

My criteria: players whom I will be really disappointed in the Pats not picking if they are available in the particular round that I think is realistic and great value for them (I hope I'm explaining this correctly :)). My 7-round list:

1. Ryan Shazier
2. ASJ
3. Weston Richburg
4. Joel Bitonio
5. A.J. McCarron
6. Justin Ellis
7. Aaron Colvin

Using the above criteria:

1) Aaron Donald
2) Ryan Shazier
3) Dee Ford
4) Kyle Fuller
5) Jodan Tripp

What the ***** is a Binkie? Tell me and I'll answer

The traditional answer would be a child's pacifier.

Another answer would be a child's 'comfort' item such as a blanket or favorite toy.

In this draft forum, it refers to a player/prospect that has become a favorite of that particular poster.

Binky

A childish comfort. Another term for their "blankey". Something they feel very dear to them. Nothing will tear them apart. In my case a 3-foot long strip of yellow satin. One of two that I ripped off a blankey when I was five.

Urban Dictionary: Binky

My criteria: players whom I will be really disappointed in the Pats not picking if they are available in the particular round that I think is realistic and great value for them (I hope I'm explaining this correctly :)). My 7-round list:

You're setting yourself up for rage, tears, and heartbreak if that's the attitude you're bringing into a BB draft.

Here are a few things to expect:
1. BB passes on your favorite player/binky
2. BB drafts a complete unknown forcing you to scramble onto google to figure out who the heck that kid is we just took.
3. Lots of rage, angst, and tears on draft day.
4. Slow acceptance and some come around.
5. Some fans have to be talked off the bridge.
6. Some never get over the rage and make posts full of poison and rage.
7. Finally some fans get over it and realize it's just a typical BB draft. Mayock and Kiper's projections mean nothing.

Another answer would be a child's 'comfort' item such as a blanket or favorite toy.

In this draft forum, it refers to a player/prospect that has become a favorite of that particular poster.

Binky

A childish comfort. Another term for their "blankey". Something they feel very dear to them. Nothing will tear them apart. In my case a 3-foot long strip of yellow satin. One of two that I ripped off a blankey when I was five.

You're setting yourself up for rage, tears, and heartbreak if that's the attitude you're bringing into a BB draft.

2. BB drafts a complete unknown forcing you to scramble onto google to figure out who the heck that kid is we just took.
7. Finally some fans get over it and realize it's just a typical BB draft. Mayock and Kiper's projections mean nothing.
VJC, that is spot on. I've been through all 7. There is never anything conventional about a Patriot Draft. Things rarely make sense, except last year when they drafted 2 receivers when the obviously needed receivers, and the prior year when they needed defenders and traded UP instead of BACK.

True that! The good news is the the popularity of a BB pick with fans, and whether it was considered a "steal" or a "reach," doesn't seem to have any predictive power at all in terms of how good the pick turns out to be.

There's also the fact that they have access to info we don't. E.g. if they trade out of round 1 with Dee Ford still on the board, it might be that they don't like the player or fit -- OR that their medical review of his back injury was a problem.

Any time BB makes one of those inexplicable "reaches", well that was BB's "binky". ;) The only difference is that HE gets to actually get his guy.

Any draft with even 1 of these prospects is a step in the right direction.

Donald
Easley
Mosley
Shazier
Tripp
C Jones
Ellis
Kerr
Sutton
ASJ
Richburg
Hageman

I'm just going to accept that whatever Patchick mocks, 1 or 2 of them will surely be drafted. She is like a 2 or 3 time winner of the final mock draft game.

Umm ... no I'm not. You're projecting much from my words "really disappointed" and "realistic." Please note my words "I think" immediately preceding the words "is realistic." In the context if a discussion of "binkies "on a fan's forum, I think (again) it is self-evident that this is an exercise in expressing our personal biases, marginally at best connected to reality. It's a given that we lack the most rudimentary relevant facts here. This sub-forum in particular would be a quite quiet place if restricted to those who rank above us ludicrously uninformed amateurs. Thanks.

Binky

Bingo....we have Bingo.

1084545220_4451.jpg

I'm very new to this level of draft interest, honestly. But I've had a lot of free time, so I've been watching a little film, etc.

Jeremiah Attaochu...second round pick, is now my binkie.

Some late round picks, I like:
1) Ben Gardner (Stanford) - appeared to be double/tripled teamed. Free-ed up Trent Murphy on the outside. Poor man's Chandler Jones.
2) E J Gaines - appears to be good tackler. Held Mike Evans to 8 yards.
3) Dre Archer - kick off returner / back-up for Shane Vareen. This kid football fast.
4) Devin Street - Consistent hands, makes difficult catches but not very good RAC.

forgot xavier su'a filo

Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU

Calvin Pryor, S, South Carolina

Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame

These are players I see as legitimate options for us. But I like plenty of players across the board.

But I'd be willing to bet these three players will be long term starters in the NFL.

Aaron Donald
Dominique Easley
Ra'shede Hageman
Caraun Reid
De'Anthony Thomas
Austin Sefarian Jenkins
dri archer
allen robinson
stanley jean baptiste
weston richburg
joel bitonio

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back