PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Bengals Game Rally Helmet Discussion Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I cant stand Peyton Manning, I have to give it to him, and the Colts offensive coaches for the way they call plays and for the way Manning runs the game..No Huddle,lots of play action, etc...

The Pats could do the same, but they dont even try, and that is what pisses me off.... not enough changes or adjustments. And, the worst part is that I believe we could do it offensively, but we have something the Colts dont have..... a decent defense to go along with it.

We were in alot more 3-wides yesterday. Of course when I suggested this I got my butt handed to me .... will they change their tune when they find out I was right about this?

Expect alot more 3-wides as the playoffs near.

this game is as good as over...once colts get the lead ,its very tough...
of course they will say after the game "the defense had a chip on the shoulder..." and all those cliches but this team goes as far as manning goes, he is great tonite and that Defense hasnt had to do much....

Oh well. With the kind of night Peyton is having, I don't think even the Baltimore Ravens can stop him...

Thanks for trying Cincy.

Manning is a robot.

It certainly doesn't help that Palmer is a pedestrian 8 of 16 for 130 yards. Chad Johnson and Houshmanzadeh have four catches combined.

bye bye bye.. With the Colts winning no chance for the bye ... I knew it was a moot point anyway, but there was a glimmer of hope..

As much as I cant stand Peyton Manning, I have to give it to him, and the Colts offensive coaches for the way they call plays and for the way Manning runs the game..No Huddle,lots of play action, etc...

The Pats could do the same, but they dont even try, and that is what pisses me off.... not enough changes or adjustments. And, the worst part is that I believe we could do it offensively, but we have something the Colts dont have..... a decent defense to go along with it.

Gee, we only hung a 38-13 W on Cincy with the not ready for prime time players on offense.

We have a decent defense because we don't have 2 #1 WR's making $15M+ a year between them who have been with Manning for 5+ seasons during which they have won a bunch of AFCS banners they display proudly at RCA

Somehow even with incompetent playcalling OC's year after year who just won't pass when they should run and run when they should have passed - we've got 3 of the last 5 Lombardi's on display at Gillette. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Manning's offense is coming off of back to back losses, and at 11-3 if they win this to our 10-4 that means their game plan isn't isn't exponentially better. In fact should he lose either one let alone both of his top WR's that wide open offense you admire would go in the crapper in a heartbeat. Ours is pedestrian alright, but built to run with chewing gum and string holding it together if that's all there is. And this year that philosophy is being tested. I guarantee you if Manning had had to take the field on opening day with Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel projected as his two top wideouts, the 2006 Colts would be a .500 team.

:eek:
:bricks: I should have labeled this a Colt's thread.:bricks:

Manning had that "Where is that Sheep" look during the post game interview....his eyes were darting all over the place.

Manning is a robot because the coaching staff lets him do what he wants to do, and that is to play a wide open game, play action, no huddle, throw, throw, throw, and use the running game to open up the passing game... It works.

It works? I guess that is why he has all those rings.

I guess that is why the dirty little secret of Manning's tenure in Indy is that while all the apologists blame the D for their playoff exits - the high powered Colts offense has been held to about 12 points a game and scored less than 20 in every single one of those losses.

bye bye bye.. With the Colts winning no chance for the bye ... I knew it was a moot point anyway, but there was a glimmer of hope..

There is still a glimmer, its just growing faint. Indy (at Hou, MIA) and Baltimore (at Pitt, BUF) would now have to lose both of their final two games to finish 11-5 plus the Pats winning their final two to finish 12-4. It could still happen, but its unlikely.

I can see Baltimore potentially losing at Pitt and maybe losing to Buffalo the week after (especially if the Bills are still in contention for a wild card).

The crazy upset would have to be Houston somehow pulling out the game next week at home against Indy as Indy normally kills them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back