DJ Foster RB/WR Arizona State
V’Angelo Bentley CB Illinois
Cre’Von LeBlanc CB Florida Atlantic
CJ Johnson LB Mississippi State
Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
De’Runnya Wilson TE/WR Ole Miss
Woodrow Hamilton DT Ole Miss
Shaquille Powell RB Duke (tryout)

Just heard his name about an hour ago. Sounds like a good prospect of Lewis goes down.

I'm on your side of the boat as well with the needing to address a "bellcow" back to pound it either on 3rd and short or the goalline. I love Blount for his personality and what he brings to the locker room but I've fallen out of love with the 3 yards and a dust cloud. Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of getting an answer as to what the next move is. BB's press conference hinted that players are going to be moved out so it's all a matter of timing now.

Except that the Philly game it was botched blocking assignment. Radius Fleming was the one if I remember correctly. And he's gone.
Not to mention the return TD by Sproles

I'm on your side of the boat as well with the needing to address a "bellcow" back to pound it either on 3rd and short or the goalline. I love Blount for his personality and what he brings to the locker room but I've fallen out of love with the 3 yards and a dust cloud. Hopefully tomorrow will be the start of getting an answer as to what the next move is. BB's press conference hinted that players are going to be moved out so it's all a matter of timing now.

Only problem with your statement is that Blount actually was better than 4.3 YPC when you ignore the the crappy defense games..

You know what would be really cool is if this really big guy with a huge catching radius that we haven't seen the likes of in years wore number 87.
I was talking about the wide receiver position not TE. We've had great TEs before, Ben Coates, Russ Francis, but we haven't had a WR that is 6'5" 230 in like, umm, maybe never ?

Think Blount is going to do ok this year. Definitely one of the overlooked players this upcoming season. He is fighting for his NFL career and a new contract so it's pretty much all in his court right now. Add in having Scar back with some new beef up front I can see a return to form. I'm not sure what some are expecting from the running back position this season? A 1500 yard rusher in this offense? I'd be happy with a healthy rb by committee at this point with Bloint pushing for 800 yards, Gaffney and Boldin pitching in with Lewis doing what he does.

That is because special teams cost the Pats the Philly game and the Denver game and possibly a trip to the SB

It's possible that BB is preparing for a change in the kickoff rules.

Blount is effective on early downs but has never been a reliable option on third and short. (In fact, he was one of the leagues least reliable The Most and Least Efficient Short-Yardage Running Backs of the 2015 NFL Season). I would be surprised if BB does not bring in a back to compete for this role, now it would be a vet of course. I agree with others that this draft success is partially dependent on whether Booker is a star in Denver and Valentine tanks.

I was talking about the wide receiver position not TE. We've had great TEs before, Ben Coates, Russ Francis, but we haven't had a WR that is 6'5" 230 in like, umm, maybe never ?

We really don't need a WR who can catch jump balls - just one who is a down field threat. This offense is not based on the deep ball anyway - we are not baltimore. I think brady would be more comfortable throwing short and intermediate passes.

Last edited:
Jonathan Jones too?

Bill isn't messing around with the CB depth this year.

Malcolm Butler (from University of West Alabama) turned out so well, it looks like the Patriots are going for an all-Alabama cornerback group, Cyrus Jones from University of Alabama and now Jonathan Jones from Auburn (also in Alabama, for you Easterners).

The other cornerbacks had better start trying to learn to speak with an Alabama drawl. :D

9 UDFAs (so far):
Steven Scheu TE Vanderbilt
DJ Foster RB/WR Arizona State
V’Angelo Bentley CB Illinois
Cre’Von LeBlanc CB Florida Atlantic
CJ Johnson LB Mississippi State
Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
De’Runnya Wilson TE/WR Ole Miss
Woodrow Hamilton DT Ole Miss
Shaquille Powell RB Duke (tryout)

AD,

I'm not familiar with any of these players. We know at least one if not two will make the team. Wonder which have the best shot. Just based on position I think the LB, especially if he can play special teams.

AD,

I'm not familiar with any of these players. We know at least one if not two will make the team. Wonder which have the best shot. Just based on position I think the LB, especially if he can play special teams.

Yeah Ashley, he's the one guy I haven't heard much on since I've looked at all the guys yesterday. I find that quite odd. But yeah, if he can contribute in many ways (key) especially STs, he might have the best shot. I'm really rooting for LeBlanc and Foster though, for my sake.

AD,

I think that Scheu and Wilson have no shot at the 53.. Wilson might have a shot at the PS. I think that Bentley, LeBalnc, and Jones all have shots at making the team at CB. It will put pressure on Darryl Roberts, Justin Coleman, Rashaan Melvin, Brock Vereen and EJ Biggers.. Shaq Powell is a dark horse at RB because he's kinda a bowling ball at 5'9 and 210..

I think that Scheu and Wilson have no shot at the 53.. Wilson might have a shot at the PS. I think that Bentley, LeBalnc, and Jones all have shots at making the team at CB. It will put pressure on Darryl Roberts, Justin Coleman, Rashaan Melvin, Brock Vereen and EJ Biggers.. Shaq Powell is a dark horse at RB because he's kinda a bowling ball at 5'9 and 210..
Powell will get his chances here for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back