PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

Why Cole? Dude is a stud STer.
You failed to receive the memo:

The following former Rutgers collegiate football players will save the New England Patriots defense from the abyss:

Steve Beauharnais
Justin Francis
Duron Harmon
Brandon Jones
Devin McCourty
Logan Ryan

"So it is written, so it will be done"

Steve Belichick, Rutgers Alumnus ;)

Thompkins across Amendola on the first unit.

FYI, I didn't ask for your opinion.

I get it, you're a hard case, a super tough dude who would totally put me in my place at a tailgate any given Sunday.

Also, the final roster will make you look like an idiot. Just like their final rosters do to all of us. But whatever you do keep pontificating like a know it all, it's super endearing.

Nick Underhill @Nick_Underhill
I think Brady has a camera on his helmet

This could prove to be VERY interesting to us fanatics eager to see what the QB sees. Combine this with an All 22 split screen feed and we'll have torn poor Tommy Boy apart in this forum within a week.

Christopher Price @cpriceNFL
Robert Kraft joins the team on the field during practice.

As long as we haven't reached the desperate point where he's taking reps at WR, I'm good.

Nick Underhill @Nick_Underhill
I think Brady has a camera on his helmet

This could prove to be VERY interesting to us fanatics eager to see what the QB sees. Combine this with an All 22 split screen feed and we'll have torn poor Tommy Boy apart in this forum within a week.

spygate joke time

Doesn't really matter, he got us killed in the AFC Championship game last year.

He should only be a STer not his fault he had to play corner. If Troy Brown had to come in at quarterback and ended up doing a **** job could you blame him?

-Dennard was the player of the day. Had A great coverage pick on Aiken and great coverage on Dobson and Thompkins.

-Ballard looks iffy so far, still dropping passes, he'll settle in.

-Boyce is off to a rough start. Can't get open, and when he did, dropped the bomb from Brady.

-Another great day for Dobson. I think he'll be ready to start week 1. He's owned Jenkins.

-Harmon with some pretty good 1 on 1, physical coverage on the TEs.

-I can see the Thompkins hype. He split time with Dobson starting across from Amendola and started in the hurry up and the 3 WR set.

Today's WR depth chart:

1st team

1. Amendola
2. Dobson
3. Thompkins

2nd team

4. Aiken
5. Jenkins
6. Boyce
7. Hawkins

3rd team

8. Slater
9. Sims
10. Ashford

-Logan Ryan was pretty bad today. Got burnt by different WRs.

-Tebow continues to be P-U.

-Ryan Allen's leg is powerful stuff. He outperformed Mesko today, we'll see if he can keep this up and give him a run for his money.

-Excited for pads tomorrow. Time to get a better look at the O and D lines.

I get it, you're a hard case, a super tough dude who would totally put me in my place at a tailgate any given Sunday.

Also, the final roster will make you look like an idiot. Just like their final rosters do to all of us. But whatever you do keep pontificating like a know it all, it's super endearing.
You are the one who chimed in with a combative nature.

All three of those players make the final roster, fyi.

As for the final roster, your definitive comment .... pot, kettle, black.

spygate joke time

Yes, tell us spygate jokes. That'll really cheer us up.

mignon-minion-500x261.jpg

Just got back from camp. Awesome day. Some observations that may have already been made (I haven't read the whole thread):

Tebow looked dreadful. It is so obvious that he is far inferior in terms of basic throwing of the ball compared to Mallett and Brady.

Dobson had the catch of the day and looked real good all practice from what I saw.

Sudfeld had a nice over the shoulder catch

Collins played multiple positions all day.

Amendola is clearly the #1 target. He looked very good and caught the ball very well.

Dennard was far and away the best player on the field for the defense. Made several plays including a diving pick from Mallett I think.

I attached a few pics from our vantage point.

Attachments

• 971562_614172931949576_1650942601_n.jpg
    971562_614172931949576_1650942601_n.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 993349_614172965282906_121541325_n.jpg
    993349_614172965282906_121541325_n.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 1016455_614172881949581_689969932_n.jpg
    1016455_614172881949581_689969932_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 1003478_614172995282903_1144363355_n.jpg
    1003478_614172995282903_1144363355_n.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 103
Three things.

1. Big thankyou to all those providing updates. It really is greatly appreciated.

2. Does anyone have any info on George Winn at all?

3. As someone who was prepared to give Tebow a chance, have to admit, things aren't looking great right now. Still only two days, but "dreadful" and "terrible" are not words you want to hear coming out of any day of camp.

Thank you to all who went and are posting. I too was hoping Tebow would do well and make the team. If he doesn't make it, at least it will be done in a classy way. Glad to hear that everything is looking good otherwise. Go Pats!

Reading Yates's assessment of the day, this one caught my eye:

7. The process of evaluating the big guys will kick into another gear on Sunday when the pads come on, but one defensive end that caught our attention was rookie Michael Buchanan. His quickness was apparent from afar.

Who knows why — like they say: you don't choose binkies, binkies choose you — I find myself rooting for this guy.

Who knows why — like they say: you don't choose binkies, binkies choose you — I find myself rooting for this guy.
If Bequette can't cut it, hopefully Buchanan will.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back