PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2013 Patriots Training Camp Thread

MLB has a lot more coverage responsibility on nickel downs so my guess is that is when they are swapping in Collins.

******* pumped to hear he's looking good, though.

According to one of the reports, Hightower shifted to the middle and Collins took over on the strong side, which is what I expected.

Regarding Collins :

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 52m

Jamie Collins was standing up at linebacker, swapping in with Brandon Spikes on D. Looks strong in coverage.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 1m

Jamie Collins looked really good out there. Seriously.

... a 6'3 250lbs LB good in coverage would do wonders for back field D. Please be so:pray2::pray2:

I've been a Patriots fan since the 70's and a season tix holder since the 90's, but I've never once been to training camp practice. I think that'll end this weekend. I GOT THIS ITCH!!!!!!!

That doesnt mean it would transfere to the pro game.

Actually coverage ability in college is a pretty accurate indicator of coverage ability in the pros for a LB. Pass rushing on the other hand usually is the wild card.

-Dobson was with the 1s starting across from Amendola. He made some good catches and beat Arrington, but Talib had him on lockdown. Overall a good day for him.

-Boyce was with the 3s, couldn't really tell much from him.

-Kamar Aiken had a solid day.

-Michael Jenkins looked meh. Slow route running and in general. Hope Dobson beats him out.

Who were the WRs with the 2's? Jenkins and Jones? Or Jenkins and Aiken?

Man, Ben Volin is useless compared to Bedard.

Who were the WRs with the 2's? Jenkins and Jones? Or Jenkins and Aiken?

Jones got cut last week. From what I could tell Jenkins was the #3 WR and got first team reps when the offense went in a 3-WR set.

The starting 2s were Jenkins, Aiken, and Hawkins, while the 3s were Boyce and Slater from what I could see.

What a gross, rainy day. It was still cool to see the team out there for the first time.

-Tebow....we all heard he was a bad practice player, but wow. He threw a pick directly at Ebner and threw a bunch of ducks.

-I'm still more impressed with Bolden's burst and quickness compared to Ridley's.

-Michael Jenkins looked meh. Slow route running and in general. Hope Dobson beats him out.

-Thompkins came on the field with no jersey, left for an hour, came out with jersey, and then held his helmet for an hour and a half. No reps. Weird.

-Mallett was typical Mallett with overthrows and poor pocket presence. Brady looked like Brady.

Football is back. :D

Great write up. Great to see Mallett improving:(

Serious question here. Did Tebow run off the field with his shirt off? It was pouring out today. Perfect day to do it!

Tebow is probably having flashbacks from when he was on the opponents' teams, you know, when the Pats were eating his lunch.

Why Cole? Dude is a stud STer.

But he should NEVER ,EVER be called on to play a single regular defensive snap. Please hold his contribution to gunner opposite Slater.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back