PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2011 Senior Bowl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, he seems like he could be something between a Jabar Gaffney and an Anquan Boldin, which would add a nice dimension.
Anyone have a round guess on Hankerson these days ? With Floyd and Blackmon returning he'll be moving up possibly to the 4th or 5th WR (competing with Torey Smith, after Green, Jones, Baldwin - although I don't love Baldwin). I'd love to get a WR at 2B but I'm not sure that Hankerson, Smith or Titus Young will be there at that point and I don't really want to use a higher pick on a WR.

Agreed, he seems like he could be something between a Jabar Gaffney and an Anquan Boldin, which would add a nice dimension.

The coaching at the U was an abomination during his time there. See for example Sam Shields, who made more strides in one NFL offseason than he made in his entire career at UM. The story on Hankerson is that he is a self-made man--up at the crack of dawn to catch from the Juggs before practice, alone. His dramatic improvement over the years is a tribute to his work ethic, which should be taken into consideration.

BB has shown an affinity for players from the U in the past. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. And yeah, Hankerson was pretty much the only reliable receiving target on a poorly coached offense with poor quarterbacking.

Anyone have a round guess on Hankerson these days ? With Floyd and Blackmon returning he'll be moving up possibly to the 4th or 5th WR (competing with Torey Smith, after Green, Jones, Baldwin - although I don't love Baldwin). I'd love to get a WR at 2B but I'm not sure that Hankerson, Smith or Titus Young will be there at that point and I don't really want to use a higher pick on a WR.

NFLDraftSCout but him at late 2nd/early 3rd right now. However, everything is going to change once the combine hits..

BB has shown an affinity for players from the U in the past. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. And yeah, Hankerson was pretty much the only reliable receiving target on a poorly coached offense with poor quarterbacking.

BB has taken only 2 players from the U that I know of. Wilfork and Meriweather.

NFLDraftSCout but him at late 2nd/early 3rd right now. However, everything is going to change once the combine hits..
Yeah, I think that Smith and Hankerson will end up as high to mid 2s. I'd love to get one to hopefully team with Price as the two long term outside WR (Edelman slot and Tate competing outside) but I think we'd have to use 2a and I can't get myself there at this time.

Isn't Darnell Jenkins from the U?

Four total, but two first rounders. Pretty significant I think.

Didn't pick him. But, BB has always said nice things about Jon Beason. Might have taken him at 1b if he was available. Instead of trading with SF.

Last edited:
I hope BB gets a chance to interview Von Miller. The guy is special, I don't go about raving about athletes but after taking some classes with this guys, I can say he is a New England patriots.The guy is humble, respectful and smart too.
If he happens to fall to us by our second pick in the first round, we should go for him.
I do hope Warren talk him up to the coaches if they will listen to him. Warren took him under his wing her during last Summer and it is paying dividends.

Didn't pick him. But, BB has always said nice things about Jon Beason. Might have taken him at 1b if he was available. Instead of trading with SF.

Yup, I'm a big fan of Beason. Might not have fit in our scheme but he's a quality player on a craptacular team.

According to the DraftTek twitter feed, Bilal Powell is looking really good and probably (this is my opinion now) playing his way higher in the draft than we would spend on a RB.

True. Brandon Marshall ran a 4.54 and wasn't taken until the 4th round. He'd had a pretty good college career and that class wasn't exactly stacked with WR talent above him. Hankerson supposedly runs a 4.52.

True. Brandon Marshall ran a 4.54 and wasn't taken until the 4th round. He'd had a pretty good college career and that class wasn't exactly stacked with WR talent above him. Hankerson supposedly runs a 4.52.

IIRC Marshall's value was significantly lowered by character concerns, just as occurred after he hit the NFL.

IIRC Marshall's value was significantly lowered by character concerns, just as occurred after he hit the NFL.

Yep. I'd forgotten about that.

Interesting,, from seeing him on TV he just looked way too small for a Patriot LB.

He looked like a Indy LB to me.

I hope BB gets a chance to interview Von Miller. The guy is special, I don't go about raving about athletes but after taking some classes with this guys, I can say he is a New England patriots.The guy is humble, respectful and smart too.
If he happens to fall to us by our second pick in the first round, we should go for him.
I do hope Warren talk him up to the coaches if they will listen to him. Warren took him under his wing her during last Summer and it is paying dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back