PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2011 Senior Bowl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen's official weigh in today was 6-3 7/8 and 273 lbs so he's looking more like a 4-3 DE now to me.

But those arms!:eek:

Von Miller is starting to look more and more like Elvis Dumervil. Short, quick, fast, long arms, but weak.

Agreed I think Solder would be a fine pick for 1a. I think he would better as a RT with Vollmer moving over to LT. If they resign Light it should be for very little as he gave up 10 sacks this past year as opposed to Vollmer's 1 (Wake).

Where did you get that Light gave up 10 sacks this year???? Link please?

Cameron Jordan at 6'4 1/8 and 288 with those 34 1/2" arms could be someone to look at for the RDE position..

Pretty amazing that both Carimi and Constanzo came in at 6'07 1/8 and 35 1/4" arms..

Ryan Kerrigan coming in at 6'3 and 7/8" is good.. His 33 1/2" arms are good as well..

Last edited:
But those arms!:eek:

Von Miller is starting to look more and more like Elvis Dumervil. Short, quick, fast, long arms, but weak.

Von Miller came in at 6'2 and 5/8" with 34" arms.. About 3 full inches taller than Dumervil.

Beal takes a hit (for us) coming in at 6' 2 3/8", he was listed at 6'3" so it's not a huge surprise but it's short for us.
Ditto for Brooks Reed at 6'2 1/2", but like Beal he was listed at 6'3".

Noel Devine is 160 lbs! Ouch. He wasn't on my radar, but he's gonna have to run lights out at the combine to even get a UDFA call.

Bilal Powell is about 10 lbs lighter than I hoped, but I still like him.

Last edited:
Noel Devine is 160 lbs! Ouch. He wasn't on my radar, but he's gonna have to run lights out at the combine to even get a UDFA call.

Wow....that's tiny. It doesn't matter how fast and evasive he is, if he's getting hit by 250+ lbs he better put on some weight.

Small hands on some of these guys. Mine are about 9.3" and I can barely grasp a football well enough to throw a consistent spiral, much less do a decent pump fake without fumbling.

Johnny Patrick, CB, 8.4"
Noel Devine, 8.5 "
Niles Paul, 8.6"

It'll be interesting to see how well these guys hang onto the ball when it comes their way.

Is Sam Acho's arm length a misprint at 35 5/8 with his height listed at 6016?

I just laught at some the comments here talking about the height.Beal is a guy i would take.The guy just knows how to get to the QB.

I like the kid from Boise ST, Titus Young.I am curious to see what type of 40 time he will run

Is Sam Acho's arm length a misprint at 35 5/8 with his height listed at 6016?

I have him at 33 5/8 from both the draftcountdown and NFP sites.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Matt Light

ProFootballWeekly.com - Sebastian Vollmer

Brady was sacked 25 times in 2010 as opposed to 16 in 2009.
Light - 10
Koppen - 5.5
Neal - 1.5
Mankins - 3.5
Vollmer - 1
TE/RB's - 3.5

So, Connolly allowed ZERO sacks?

Anyway, it's been widely noted that one of the reasons for Brady's few picks was that he was accepting a sack rather than forcing a throw far more often. IOW, raw sack numbers taken out of context rarely tell the whole story. At least not enough to flat out demonize a guy.

I just laught at some the comments here talking about the height.Beal is a guy i would take.The guy just knows how to get to the QB.

I like the kid from Boise ST, Titus Young.I am curious to see what type of 40 time he will run

Um. Except he doesn't. If you watch him play, he gets half his sacks as a free blitzer. Whenever he's pass rushing one on one, like he did in Senior Bowl practices, he's easily engulfed. Did you see how Carimi threw him around? It was almost embarrassing.

Beal makes sense because he's a well-rounded guy who can play the run, drop into coverage, and make life tough on the quarterback. The problem is, he's not a difference maker, and we already have a couple of guys who can do all of that. He doesn't project as an upgrade, just as depth. For a second round pick? No thanks.

Um. Except he doesn't. If you watch him play, he gets half his sacks as a free blitzer. Whenever he's pass rushing one on one, like he did in Senior Bowl practices, he's easily engulfed. Did you see how Carimi threw him around? It was almost embarrassing.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Carimi absolutely manhandled Beal in one on one....how many times did Beal end up on the ground?

Last edited:
Cameron Jordan at 6'4 1/8 and 288 with those 34 1/2" arms could be someone to look at for the RDE position.

Two different analysts say he's really impressive in practices. I'm speculating that he may be very high on the Pats board for #17 as a player who fits their profile. One or two of the OTs may also be near the top, even though I prefer defense with that pick.

Agreed I think Solder would be a fine pick for 1a. I think he would better as a RT with Vollmer moving over to LT.

Solder is a LT through and through - I see no way that he ends up as a RT in the NFL. Very good in pass-protection but isn't the best run-blocker yet.

Anyone see KJ Wright out of Mississippi St. play?? At 6'3 1/8" and a 34 1/2 in arm length, he could be trouble as a pass rusher.. Especially if he has moves and truly does run in the 4.6 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes