PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2009 Mock Draft FAIL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one from Football's Future.

22. Philadelphia: Jermaine Gresham; TE; Oklahoma - No tackle is worth taking this high for the Eagles, so they take Gresham who fills a huge need.

23. Minnesota: Trevard Lindley; CB; Kentucky - Lindley's a great pure cover corner, and Cedric Griffin is absolutely horrendous. Lindley can start for the Vikings soon, and if McCauley developes they'll have three good corners, and maybe McCauley can eventually replace Winfield

24. New England:

25. Atlanta: Peria Jerry; DT; - Jerry is an NT and fits with the Falcons, Grady Jackson is old and bad, and needs to be replaced. Jerry does just that.

26. Miami: Vontae Davis; CB; Illinois - Davis has a lot of talent and fits with the Dolphins, who could definitely use him

Chalk this one up as APATHY FAIL. :mad:

oww, the tim tebow ppl had UTTER FAIL

this last guy is PATHETIC FAIL

oww, the tim tebow ppl had UTTER FAIL

this last guy is PATHETIC FAIL

And if you think those are bad, here are some more from Football's Future . . . .

Bad:
Pick: 24 New England Patriots – They are looking for a new look to their offense. They pick up Sproles in FA and now draft another threat. Take the pressure off of Brady. Pick: Knowshon Moreno

Because, of course, the Pats finished dead last in rushing yar--oh, wait. . . .

and Worse (from a Lions fan, no less):

Trades:
CIN trades WR C. Johnson to MIA for 2nd and 5th rd pics
SDG trades RB L. Tomlinson to NE for 1st and 4th rd pics
TEN trades RB L. White to PHI for 3rd rd pic

The Tomlinson one is sheer FAIL genius.

And if you think those are bad, here are some more from Football's Future . . . .

and (from a Lions fan, no less):

A lot of the stuff that people say at Football Futures just makes me go "whaaa?". These are spectacular examples. Why in God's name would someone think the Pats want LaDanian Tomlinson? Do they really think the Pats would trade a first and a fourth for an aging running back? Really?

Utter FAIL.

Last edited:
Not the only place I've seen this (nfldraftdog.com):
2009 NFL Mock Draft

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

so hold up: a team with no. 5 most overall yards and no. 6 most rushing yards this year needs to use their first-rounder on a sophomore running back? :confused:

Make no mistake: Moreno's going to be good. It's just not the O that needs as much help right now.

P.S. Fun thread!

Gosh, I'm not sure if the LaDainian trade would happen: I mean, are the Pats even worthy of him? :rolleyes:

Not the only place I've seen this (nfldraftdog.com):
2009 NFL Mock Draft

Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

so hold up: a team with no. 5 most overall yards and no. 6 most rushing yards this year needs to use their first-rounder on a sophomore running back? :confused:

Make no mistake: Moreno's going to be good. It's just not the O that needs as much help right now.

P.S. Fun thread!

Saying the Pats are going to take Moreno is not in and of itself FAIL. But saying they're going to pay for Sproles and draft Moreno? Now that's FAIL! :)

Bad:

and Worse (from a Lions fan, no less):

are u kidding me? so we pick up 3 backs in 1 offseason after our best rushing year since at least 04???

did ppl get the ideas that our rb by committee isnt good? LOL, cuz thats now what i saw

and then LT, now that is some funny stuff...NE goes to the postseason too much to be paying for a player that apparently doesnt like to play when the real season is on

LT for a 1st and 4th? Someone get this man a football job ASAP. I hear the Jets need a Head Coach...

gb9gaajh4emtc3ldaxf.jpg

So it's not from a mock draft, but it involves trading picks, so it counts in my book. :)

Again, from our good friends at Football's Future:

Btw, I'd like to specify something here. I only posted this topic as part of a bet with a friend who's at my house watching the games with me. He bet me that the Pats' fanbase would be willing to trade Welker and a 4th for Willie [Parker] in a split second. So with your feedback the way I expected it, thanks for the free money guys. Very Happy

:pigsfly:

So it's not from a mock draft, but it involves trading picks, so it counts in my book. :)

Again, from our good friends at Football's Future:

:pigsfly:
Stay out of the Jester's forum, it will rot your brain. :nono:

and then LT, now that is some funny stuff...NE goes to the postseason too much to be paying for a player that apparently doesnt like to play when the real season is on

Seriously, why would we pay a 1st round pick and change for a guy who will only play in the regular season?

I wouldn't call this one a FAIL, but the guy is on drgus if he thinks taht Jenkins is going to last to #23...

2009 NFL Mock Draft 22-32

I not crazy about any of his other Pats picks either, but I think that everyone here can agree that if Jekins fell to #23 that the Pats would absolutely jump on him.

Procedural FAIL: The Huddle Report has a mock posted today that still has the Cardinals picking at #21.

If Jenkins lasted till #23, the Pats would have to be crazy not to take him...

Malcolm Jenkins Scouting Report - 2009 NFL Draft Prospect

Absolutely, the Pats would grab him up in a heartbeat, what I'm saying is that there is no waaaay that he drops to #23, I've seen him going as high as #5 to Cleveland, and can't really picture him falling out of the top ten (Although I'm pretty sure I posted the same thing about Wilfork a few years ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes