PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2008 NFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the Falcons I'm not completely sure. I could see them trying to build from the lines out, so Dorsey actually seems like the most logical pick, and who I would probably select if I were in control. But, they're supposedly interested in Ryan.

So, while I think they should draft Dorsey, I'm going Ryan here.

Well, Ryan's on the phone with someone, so I'm guessing they're going with Ryan.

Pick 3 is in . . . ATL takes MATT RYAN, QB, Boston College (I dunno, Mr. Berman, but I think the phrase "turning over a new leaf" is a poor choice when talking about QBs :D )

Next up, Jokeland, er, Oakland.

Last edited:
Really happy for Matt Ryan. Good pick too, imo.

With the Falcons I'm not completely sure. I could see them trying to build from the lines out, so Dorsey actually seems like the most logical pick, and who I would probably select if I were in control. But, they're supposedly interested in Ryan.

So, while I think they should draft Dorsey, I'm going Ryan here.

Since there are so many decent QBs in ths draft and less good looking DL,I say Atlanta trades back into the first round with a late 1st round team and takes Dorsey at #2

50/50 chance its Ryan

Last edited:
Let's stop acting like a bunch of sages, the top 4 picks were basically decided this morning. :D

Yes! Matt Ryan goes #3. This pick makes total sense for the Falcons. New face of the franchise, sell lots of TIX, and give the fans in Atlanta some hope.

Well, Ryan's on the phone with someone, so I'm guessing they're going with Ryan.

They gotta stop ruining the suspense. But I guess there are only 6 guys at the draft. So it's not that bad.

Does anyone know why the audio is getting all garbled sometimes?

Here's where it gets tough. Al Davis loves athletes. Dorsey's the next Warren Sapp, Gholston has tremendous workout numbers (and sack production in 2007), and McFadden had great production, and workout numbers.

Dorsey would seem like the most logical pick with Gholston second, but this is Al Davis, and he's going with Darren McFadden here.

If the Raiders take Dorsey there is a pretty good chance we are getting Gholston.

Dorsey is the best player left on my board. But Gholston and McFadden are still possibilities.

Here's where it gets tough. Al Davis loves athletes. Dorsey's the next Warren Sapp, Gholston has tremendous workout numbers (and sack production in 2007), and McFadden had great production, and workout numbers.

Dorsey would seem like the most logical pick with Gholston second, but this is Al Davis, and he's going with Darren McFadden here.

I'm not sure it's really all that tricky for us to figure out. It was widely reported this morning that they'll take McFadden, so I'd be shocked if that's not the pick.

A bit surprised Atlanta picked Ryan over Dorsey unless they have something up thier sleeve in trading back up into round 1 at least once more

Dorsey could slide all the way to #7??? Man imagine the offers we would get for him?

We all know Davis likes McFadden but he is just insane if he passes on Dorsey here. They are improving their secondary leaps and bounds. Why not make them better by getting someone who can rush the passer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back