PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Rookie Signing Thread (9 of 9 signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Meriweather deal in place

Ok this is the third thread, we get it. :rolleyes:

Second holdout?

Branch, Seymour, Watson, and Meriweather.

Technically Samuel isn't a hold out because he is not under contract, but there has still been more than two holdouts in Belichick's career here.

Second holdout?

Technically Samuel isn't a hold out because he is not under contract, but there has still been more than two holdouts in Belichick's career here.

maybe more specifically draft holdouts

Second holdout?

I think they are talking about rookies hold outs only. Not veterans like Seymour and Asante.

Re: Meriweather deal done

Good looking forward to seeing well reading bout him tomorrow at practice.

Merriweather to report today!!!

FYI... The Globe is reporting that Brandon Merriweather will be signing and will practice today.

Last edited:
Re: Merriweather to report today!!!

Nice. This guy is going to be very good.

I think it's safe to say that they are definitely going to try him out at cornerback.

No doubt he'll be working out at corner. Supposedly it's a 5 year deal.

I would have been more surprising if he did not and this thing dragged out, the writing is very clear for the NEP.

Honestly,

Just my opinion, but I think the Pats will primarily work him at free safety and move Wilson back to his natural corner position.

Honestly,

Just my opinion, but I think the Pats will primarily work him at free safety and move Wilson back to his natural corner position.

I think the Safety position is going to be manned by Rodney, Sanders, and Gene and they will be working out Meriweather at CB with Tory James and Ellis.

I think the Pats would've put Gene at CB a lot sooner than now if he was any good at it. You have to assume BB has already tried him out there in previous non-injury riddled seasons.

Meriweather's size is more suited for CB IMO.

As of right now, only 12 first rounders have yet to sign. Without looking, can anyone name those 12?

Leon Hall and Jarvis Moss just signed so now there are only ten.

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

July 28th, 2007
Meriweather details
Posted by Albert Breer at 7:49 pm

While we’re still working on some of the specifics, we’ve got some details to pass along on the five-year pact struck by the Patriots and first-round pick Brandon Meriweather.

According to multiple league sources, the deal is worth $8.75 million with $2.75 in escalators. That would put Meriweather at a maximum value about $11.5 million over five.

Last year’s 24th overall selection, Bengals corner Jonathan Joseph, received a max-value of $10.7 over five. So on those numbers, Meriweather reaped a 7.5 percent inflation rate.

Good for them and good for us. :cool:

Go Patriots!

Meriweather salary info is in per NFLPA. He'll get the minimums for the first 4 years, then $650k in Year 5. No word on bonuses yet.

On August 7th Mike Reiss reported in the Boston Globe that the "contract signed by rookie Meriweather is a five-year package that includes a $500,000 signing bonus, $755,000 roster bonus in 2007, and a $3.72 million option bonus in 2008...In addition, there are $150,000 workout bonuses each season from 2009-11"

On August 7th Mike Reiss reported in the Boston Globe that the "contract signed by rookie Meriweather is a five-year package that includes a $500,000 signing bonus, $755,000 roster bonus in 2007, and a $3.72 million option bonus in 2008...In addition, there are $150,000 workout bonuses each season from 2009-11"

Nice. Anything on Elgin yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back