PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Rookie Signing Thread (9 of 9 signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots ink Kareem Brown and Mike Elgin...

sorry, didn't see the sticky, but patriots.com just had this up as what seemed like a new story. My bad, and my apologies.

No problem

Re: Official 2007 Rookie Signing Thread (8 of 9 signed)

just hoping Quinn's BS doesn't affect Meriweather.

just hoping Quinn's BS doesn't affect Meriweather.

Quinn's quickly becoming a prick in my book (and the dawg pound)

Maybe Meriweather will hold out for a "no-hazing" clause in his contract

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

July 24, 2007
Brown's deal
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The contract signed by fourth-round draft choice Kareem Brown is a four-year package with a signing bonus of $409,500. His base salaries are minimums of $285,000 in 2007; $370,000 in 2008; $460,000 in 2009; and $550,000 in 2010. There is a performance-based escalator that could increase the base salary in 2010.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:03:39 PM

Last edited:
Meriweather Agrees To Terms [merged]

The Boston Herald reports that the Patriots have agreed to a five-year deal with first-round pick DB Brandon Meriweather.
Final details of the deal are still being worked out.

hopefully hes there for 5:30 practice

sorry for saying signed but its just about

Last edited:
Re: Meriweather SIGNEd

AWESOME!! Yea!!

Re: Meriweather SIGNEd

Brilliant. So glad they drafted him. He's going to be so money, great news he is in camp on time.

Call me a ****-eyed optimist, but I think he could be a candidate for DROY. He makes the kind of big time flashy plays that get the votes.

Re: Meriweather Agrees To Terms

And then there was but one................I still say Zant wil be back by 9/1.

Meriweather, if he gets it and starts playing really well along with Gay staying healthy mix in Hobbs & Scott and all of that could possibly worry Zant, maybe. Hard to reclaim your #1 spot from Florida.

Hopefully he'll be at the afternoon practice and we can get confirmation he will indeed be wearing #31...

Practice begins ,camp reports, All picks signed.....it's like Christmas in July:)

Practice begins ,camp reports, All picks signed.....it's like Christmas in July:)

if its Xmas in July..im mad at Santa. i want 16 actioned packed games of Asante with TC/Preseason/Post seasoen included

Last edited:

if its Xmas in July..im mad at Santa. i want 16 actioned packed games of Asante with TC/Preseason/Post seasoen included

Asante is the present that got stuck in the Chimney. It will fall out soon enough for you to open. ;)

does meriweather have to pass the conditioning run first before taking the field this evening? I'm referring to the one that Moss was asked about

Last edited:
Re: Meriweather Agrees To Terms [merged]

5 year deal baby! now don't get hurt

Last edited:
Re: MERRIWEATHER...get your pads on!

I can't wait until the season is over so Brandon doesn't have to answer these questions about the brawl and the self-defense/gun incident thing anymore. You just know the media is going to keep harping on them all season long. All of these little barbs shot his way about his character in columns and such. Bleh.

Anyway, great to have him in the fold. :rocker:

Re: MERRIWEATHER...get your pads on!

Gasper reporting on Reiss' blog that he will be at practice tomorrow.

Meriweather deal in place

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

According to an industry source with knowledge of the negotiations, the Patriots have agreed to terms on a five-year deal with first-round pick Brandon Meriweather. Details and language of the deal are still being worked out, but the parameters of the contract are finished.

Thus, ends the second holdout in Bill Belichick’s tenure at one day.

Re: Meriweather deal in place

July 27, 2007
Meriweather deal done
By Christopher L. Gasper, Globe Staff

A source close to Patriots first round pick Brandon Meriweather has confirmed that the sides have completed a five-year deal. The source said that Meriweather would be at Patriots' practice tomorrow. We'll try to track down terms of the deal.

Although Meriweather was not present for the Patriots first practice this morning, he and his agent, Joby Branion of Athletes First, had essentially agreed to terms with the Patriots. The sides were just ironing out a few details, which prevented Meriweather from participating.

The source close to Meriweather said there was never any threat of a holdout as the defensive back was eager to get in on time. He's a little tardy, but I'm sure the Patriots will take it.
Posted By: cgasper | Time: 03:48:24 PM

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back