PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Rookie Signing Thread (9 of 9 signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2007 Rookie Signing Thread (6 signed)

Am I missing something?? I have 87 on the total roster...signed/unsigned..inc the addition of the Browns. If one minuses the 3 unsigned college players, KBrown, Elgin and Meriweather and Samuel, who has not signed the tender, the total is 83...and that is what I thought was allowed 80 plus the 3 NFLE.

-3 NFLE exemptions
-3 unsigned picks
-1 Get Paid
-----------------

-3 NFLE exemptions
-3 unsigned picks
-1 Get Paid
-----------------
Seems like we are right on track with the numbers..no need to ax anyone until 1 of the 3 signs

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

July 23, 2007
Contract follow-ups
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

A few follow-ups on contracts signed by Patriots players:

Fifth-round pick Clint Oldenburg (171st overall) signed a four-year deal with a $141,000 signing bonus. His base salaries are minimums of $285,000 in 2007; $370,000 in 2008; $460,000 in 2009; and $550,000 in 2010.

Sixth-round pick Justin Rogers (180th overall) signed a three-deal with a signing bonus of $83,500. His base salaries are minimums of $285,000 in 2007; $370,000 in 2008; and $460,000 in 2009.

Sixth-round pick Justise Hairston (208th overall) signed a three-year deal with a $55,500 signing bonus. His base salaries are minimums of $285,000 in 2007; $370,000 in 2008; and $460,000 in 2009.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 01:54:04 PM

Kareem Brown signed

Two more to go:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

July 23, 2007
K. Brown in fold
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots and fourth-round draft choice Kareem Brown have finalized a contract agreement today. Brown, a defensive lineman from the University of Miami, becomes the seventh of the team's nine draft choices to strike a deal.

First-round draft choice Brandon Meriweather and seventh-rounder Mike Elgin are the draft picks yet to officially sign.

On a lighter note, the Patriots might have set an unofficial NFL record by signing a Brown in each of the last three weeks. First, Troy Brown. Then, Chad Brown. Now, Kareem Brown.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 04:18:02 PM

Re: Kareem Brown signed

Two more to go.
elgin might be the first 7 th round holdout in the history of the league, whats with him?

Good news...2 to go..but I agree a 7th NOT signed?? Wonder what the deal is??

Once the Brown signing goes official, the Pats will have to make a roster move.

elgin might be the first 7 th round holdout in the history of the league, whats with him?

I'm pretty positive that he is not holding out. His contract is probably already written and agreed on, but the bigger issue here is deciding what player currently on the roster to release.

Re: Official 2007 Rookie Signing Thread (8 of 9 signed)

OK, with Elgin signed, the Pats will have to make 2 roster moves by tomorrow.

And to think fans of other teams actually worry about draft picks getting signed. Other than Watson, signing our draft picks is a :rolleyes: issue for us :D

Now that Meriweather is the only one left, the Pats can utilize peer pressure to sign him quickly "come on Brandon, everyone's doin' it."

Forget Elgin and sign Merriweather. Only one cut. Does anyone have an updated roster?

Forget Elgin and sign Merriweather. Only one cut. Does anyone have an updated roster?

Huh? Elgin is already signed. And believe me, Meriweather will be signed. Watson was the only exception. Whether Meriweather signs tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday doesn't matter.

Here's your roster:

http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/new_england_patriots_pos.html

(Just keep in mind their experience numbers aren't actually accrued seasons - NFL.com player pages is the best source for those, but remember in both cases, they are listed as, for example, 5th-year (or 4 seasons of experience, not 5).

Huh? Elgin is already signed. And believe me, Meriweather will be signed. Watson was the only exception. Whether Meriweather signs tomorrow, Wednesday, or Thursday doesn't matter.

Here's your roster:

http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/new_england_patriots_pos.html

(Just keep in mind their experience numbers aren't actually accrued seasons - NFL.com player pages is the best source for those, but remember in both cases, they are listed as, for example, 5th-year (or 4 seasons of experience, not 5).

fantastic thanks!

Sorry didn't read the whole blog was at work. so just one more to go. Thanks for clarifying.

So Elgin waited this long for what?

I imagine the reason was they only had one pen and the other no names were using it.:D

So Elgin waited this long for what?

I imagine the reason was they only had one pen and the other no names were using it.:D

Funny line, RC.

As for the cuts, I'm hoping it's Dunlap and CJ Jones.

Re: Patriots ink Kareem Brown and Mike Elgin...

sorry, didn't see the sticky, but patriots.com just had this up as what seemed like a new story. My bad, and my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes