PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 7th Round Discussion

I don't particularly like Darius Walker but I'm suprised he has fallen this far.

Keyunta Dawson (DE from Texas Tech) to the Colts

so who will they go with??? TE---QB---other position??

We still only have 2 QBs. Last chance coming up to pick one. After that it's UDFAs.

Gutierrez, Korrodi, Palko and Moore still on the board. Will we pick one?

Zabransky?

Clark Harris (TE) TO Green Bay
Jason Snelling (RB/FB) to Atlanta

Last Pick: Round 7 - #34 (244) Atlanta Falcons select Jason Snelling (FB) Virginia

Our pick- Ken Darby, RB, Alabama EDIT: NFLN had it wrong, that was Tampa's second pick

Our real pick- Mike Elgin, C, Iowa

Last edited:

Marcus Hamilton (CB from Virginia)
Kenneth Darby (RB)

Both to the Bucs... Pats on the Clock

Oscar Lua over Brandon Siler, I still don't get that one. If you're gonna pick an ILB, call me dumb, but there is no way Lua is better than Siler. Lua couldn't even beat out a sophomore for the job as a senior, I know there must be something wrong with Siler (I'm guessing physically), but still ?. This is a head scratcher, but I guess in Bioli we trust. Ya notice we haven't drafted a TE ? David Thomas must be ok.

Pats select Mike Elgin, C Iowa with their final pick.

Mike Elgin--C--iowa

Not an exciting draft, new pick wise, but it's tough to beat Meriweather, Welker & Moss.

Oscar Lua over Brandon Siler, I still don't get that one. If you're gonna pick an ILB, call me dumb, but there is no way Lua is better than Siler. Lua couldn't even beat out a sophomore for the job as a senior, I know there must be something wrong with Siler (I'm guessing physically), but still ?. This is a head scratcher, but I guess in Bioli we trust. Ya notice we haven't drafted a TE ? David Thomas must be ok.

OK. You have some mis-understandings about Lua. He lost his job to a Phenom after he (Lua) got injured. No, he couldn't win it back, but that is because of how good Maugula is. Not because Lua is bad. Also, Rumors have it that Siler got a huge bad rap about being arrogant and not listening to coaches. If that is the case, then there is no way he'd be here with the Patriots. Especially with Urban Meyer and BB being such good friends.

They took at friggin guard. Mike Elgin... Damn..

Definitely not the best of drafts for the Pats. Regardless of getting Moss on a one year loan.

Mike Elgin--C--iowa

Once again, I'm thinking Kyle Young from Fresno State would have been a better pick, but Elgin could wind up another Koppen, so what do I know ? In Bioli we trust !!

What? NFL Network says Darby...Damnit they were wrong.

Last edited:

Jaworski said that we've gone from having the slowest WR's in the league to having the fastest in one offseason.

WRONG.

Gaffney's sub 4.40 forty is slow? Caldwell is slow? Chad Jackson is slow? Kelley Washington is fast?

What? NFL Network says Darby...

That's incorrect. Ken Darby was Tampa's second 7th rounder. We picked right after Tampa.

For those watching NFLN, BB is going to be on ESPN shortly after the commerical break.

From PFW's Nolan Naworcki:
Mike Elgin, C/G, 6-3 285 IOWA
Is quick and agile and can beat blockers to the point. Has quick hands and can snap and set. Good althletic ability. Tough, hard working and smart. Can handle line calls. Suited best for zone blocking scheme.

Keith Jackson (DT) to the Rams
Derek Stanley (WR from Wisconsin-Whitewater) to the Rams
Ahmad Bradshaw (RB) to the Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back