PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official 2007 NFL Draft 1st Round Discussion

heres something for you guys to ponder about

Cardinals need a tackle..Levi would play RT wouldnt he? Leinart is a left..his blindside is the right...not left

yeah but hes better suited for 3-4 OLB than 3-4 DE because
1) you would need to get him to add on a lot of weight
2) He would need to develope as a run stopper..hes a great pass rusher..u take away his skillset by putting him at De..but hey..why are we discussing this? Hes a Buc.

Yeah, he's a Buc, but I'm sure Romeo could have found a spot for him. Talented defensive linemen don't grow on trees. Either way, that probably means the end of Simeon Rice in Tampa Bay. Now, Arizona should be working hard to trade down, or just take Peterson and admit that Edge is done. Or Levi Brown, my favorite lineman in the draft.

Last edited:

Yeah, he's a Buc, but I'm sure Romeo could have found a spot for him. Talented defensive linemen don't grow on trees. Either way, that probably means the end of Simeon Rice in Tampa Bay. Now, Arizona should be working hard to trade down, or just take Peterson and admit that Edge is done.

i dont think Edge is done..they really need OL. If they take Peterson it because hes the best RB prospect in awhile..hes a crazy runner..love his style..hard to bring down..fast..quick..BIG.

2 back has worked so far in league..Edge is getting older and Peterson is too good to pass on. i say OL if i was Cardinals but Peterson wouldnt dissapoint

Re: Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread

We're starting to get into the area where a trade may finally happen...tension builds.

Levi Brown..good pick BUT i would of traded down..acquire a 2nd-3rd and still get Levi

Smart pic by the Cardinals. That OL needs help.

RUMOR ALERT: Patriots will not get Randy Moss.

Levi Brown..good pick BUT i would of traded down..acquire a 2nd-3rd and still get Levi

nobody wants to move up

heres something for you guys to ponder about

Cardinals need a tackle..Levi would play RT wouldnt he? Leinart is a left..his blindside is the right...not left

Forgot that.
Smart pick.

Good pick by the Cardinals. Brown is going to be good, a real road-grader type. Peterson's slide starts now, unless the Vikings decide to take him. He won't get by Buffalo and Green Bay, at least.

Washington: Okoye/Landry/Anderson

all would be good picks..Landry maybe not sicne they need pass rush/DL

Re: Official 2007 Patriots Draft Thread

We're starting to get into the area where a trade may finally happen...tension builds.

I think the big surprise so far is that there haven't been any trades. You have to think that Arizona and probably Detroit were working those phones hard.

Good pick by the Cardinals. Brown is going to be good, a real road-grader type. Peterson's slide starts now, unless the Vikings decide to take him. He won't get by Buffalo and Green Bay, at least.

i really hope Buffalo doesnt get him..hes a monster..no way do i wanna face him 2x a year.

RUMOR ALERT: Trent Green has basically packed up his stuff in K.C. and is heading to Miami, per an industry source.
After seeing what the Colts did to him, I am BEGGING for the Fins to take him. He will get molested time and time again by us.

RUMOR ALERT: Patriots will not get Randy Moss.

But...but....but...

Moss ownssssss!!!!!:rolleyes:

Washington: Okoye/Landry/Anderson

all would be good picks..Landry maybe not sicne they need pass rush/DL

They have to get a talented defensive lineman. I don't like Anderson, I think I'd roll the dice with Okoye. If he works out, he'll be a bowling ball in the middle of that line for a long time, and make the guys around him better.

It's a great pick for the Cardinals.

There is just no guarantee that Brown would be there if they traded down. Washington is looking to move to, and if you're the Cardinals you lose control because you just have no idea who would be slipping in to the sixth pick.

This was a must pick for Arizona. The guy they had to have was there. I'm sure they explored options with the teams that wanted Quinn about trading down, but they just couldn't risk if. If they'd ended up with the 8th or 9th pick and Brown was gone, it would have been a disaster.

I applaud the Cardinals. Maybe it's a new era there. Bite the bullet and do what you have to do.

They have to get a talented defensive lineman. I don't like Anderson, I think I'd roll the dice with Okoye. If he works out, he'll be a bowling ball in the middle of that line for a long time, and make the guys around him better.

hes a quick and fast DT like Tommie Harris. Would make a lot of sense.

i really hope Buffalo doesnt get him..hes a monster..no way do i wanna face him 2x a year.

He's definitely good, but I get the feeling he's headed for a short career. Those injuries are the type a fragile guy gets. Maybe he was just unlucky, but I could see him lasting just long enough to get a second contract and then have to retire soon thereafter.

hes a quick and fast DT like Tommie Harris. Would make a lot of sense.

Not to mention, he's got good size. He could anchor the middle of a line and deliver a strong pass rush. Perfect guy to play 0, 1 or 3 technique, Washington needs to pounce if they can't trade down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back