PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2006 NFL Draft Tracker/Chat Picks 25-on

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great trade for the Giants. Move down seven spots, get a guy who only a month or two ago was a top 15 pick, and get two extra mid round picks in the process.

Seymour93 said:
What a great trade for the Giants. Move down seven spots, get a guy who only a month or two ago was a top 15 pick, and get two extra mid round picks in the process.

Giants already earned an A+ today. Got a stud in Kiwi after fleecing the Steelers for those extra picks. I wanted Kiwi badly here. d%#*!@t.

drpatriot said:
You'd think they would have taken Chad Jackson though.

Patsfans favorite Merril Hodge had Jackson going #5 overall to the Packers on SportsCenter the other day. :rofl:

Some possible first rounders still unpicked...

The massive physical freak Winston Justice must be very disappointed.

Also left are OT Marcus McNeil, WR Chad Jackson, OG Max Jean-Giles, TE Leonard Pope, and DC Marshall.

Surprised to see Kiawanuka go first round.

Perillo says that Seattle's pick could help Pats:

Good news for Pats
Paul Perillo, 5:00 pm

Seattle taking Kelly Jennings is a good thing for the Patriots. The Seahawks were interested in Ty Law (even though they've publicly stated they were backing off). My moles in Seattle told me about a week before the draft that if they got a corner in the first round it might take them out of the Law running. This could mean the Patriots would have a much better chance to get Law if they so choose.

http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=18649&pcid=46&special_section=draft2006

Interesting take.

Another possible Pat LB gone to Cleveland D'Qwell Jackson.

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:
Giants already earned an A+ today. Got a stud in Kiwi after fleecing the Steelers for those extra picks. I wanted Kiwi badly here. d%#*!@t.

Although I am still surprised he was a first-round choice, I agree that the Giants played this very well. Kudos to them. Definitely playing off Pittsburgh's need for WR in a thin draft for them.

BB's Press Conference

Anyone else listen?

What does he like best about Maroney? -- that he's been productive. Made him sound a kind of "all round" back.

Why pick him? -- well, he was the best value for "our system". And it's good to have a younger player to work with at the position.

Is he saying that the existing RBs are getting old? -- no. He's spoken to Corey Dillon but what was said was a "player-coach" conversation. Was it normal to talk to a player when another player was drafted at his position? -- BB talks to his players all the time.

Would Maroney be contributing as a KR? -- he'd have a chance to, depending on how he played.

Wouldn't comment on how the board was playing. Said that there had been opportunities to move up or down but that they'd thought it best to stay where they were.

Overall, sounded very cool and relaxed -- not overjoyed, not stressed.

D'Qwell Jackson off the board.

I'm hoping Marshall somehow slips. Highly unlikely though. And I'm glad Kiwanuka went, I didn't want to see him on the Pats really.

Pats should trade up and grab Chad Jackson unless they plan on using their second in a deal for Walker

Seymour93 said:
D'Qwell Jackson off the board.

If any team was going to take him early second, it was the Browns. Too bad.

Here's an interesting turn of events:

C Jeff Faine was just traded to the Saints in the Browns' trade up. The Saints lost their old C LeCharles Bentley to the Browns, who was supposed to move to RG to let Faine start at C. Now Faine will start at Bentley's old spot in New Orleans.

Boy, the ACC is kicking some butt today.

The way this draft is falling, someone real good is going to be there at 52. Only 17 picks to go.

Its exciting seeing some great names still there, but with the Patriots, I have no idea who they pick.

Pats to pick Jackson?????????!????????!

if the pats traded up to get jackson i'd be very happy....but that's not gonna happen.

Ahahahahahhahaha We Get Chad Jackson And Laurence Maroney!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back