PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive tackles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Kaczur's injury will now give us a chance to test an alignment that we might keep for next year with Light at LT and Vollmer at RT with LeVoir and Kaczur as backups.

Kaczur's injury will now give us a chance to test an alignment that we might keep for next year with Light at LT and Vollmer at RT with LeVoir and Kaczur as backups.

Yeah, pleasantly surprised with Vollmer on the right side today.... Good to see him playing, and playing well! I have faith in the youngster!

According to one news report, Vollmer was splitting series w/ Light until Kaczur went down.

But yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see Light/Vollmer as the starting LT/RT. And I'd predict Kaczur would implicitly back up both positions, with Vollmer switching left if anything happened to Light.

A year later we might see Vollmer/Kaczur, which underscores why burdening Vollmer with preparing to play on both sides could be the best way to go.

I'd actually prefer LeVoir at RT. He was very very good when he played there last year, and I'd like to see him get the start.

Nothing against Vollmer, in fact if anything it's a pat on the back because we know what he can do and he doesn't have anything to prove - but I want him playing LT.

I'd prefer they draft some more solid linemen for eventual starting and depth purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back