Welcome to PatsFans.com

Offensive tackles

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mgteich, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -2

Kaczur's injury will now give us a chance to test an alignment that we might keep for next year with Light at LT and Vollmer at RT with LeVoir and Kaczur as backups.
  2. Lurks_All_Day

Lurks_All_Day Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, pleasantly surprised with Vollmer on the right side today.... Good to see him playing, and playing well! I have faith in the youngster!
  3. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -13

#12 Jersey

According to one news report, Vollmer was splitting series w/ Light until Kaczur went down.

But yeah. I wouldn't be surprised to see Light/Vollmer as the starting LT/RT. And I'd predict Kaczur would implicitly back up both positions, with Vollmer switching left if anything happened to Light.

A year later we might see Vollmer/Kaczur, which underscores why burdening Vollmer with preparing to play on both sides could be the best way to go.
  4. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +192 / 3 / -3

#54 Jersey

I'd actually prefer LeVoir at RT. He was very very good when he played there last year, and I'd like to see him get the start.

Nothing against Vollmer, in fact if anything it's a pat on the back because we know what he can do and he doesn't have anything to prove - but I want him playing LT.
  5. BennyBledsoe

BennyBledsoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 4 / -4

#11 Jersey

I'd prefer they draft some more solid linemen for eventual starting and depth purposes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.