PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Rankings of Ravens Regular season opponents: POINTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ed Reed isnt.

Reed criticizes Flacco for his play against the Texans - baltimoresun.com

I cannot blame him. He knows that this could be the last shot at reaching the SB for him and Ray Ray and hes fearful Flacco will screw things up.

I'll take a QB Rating of 97 against Texans any day.

Ed is such a perfectionist.. Flacco performance against teams that qualified for the playoffs, primarily with strong defenses, is impressive.

Problems against the Patriots defense... the Patriots Defense ? Really ?

As I said...

I am confident.

Ed is such a perfectionist.. Flacco performance against teams that qualified for the playoffs, primarily with strong defenses, is impressive.

As I said...

I am confident.

Flacco had trouble against the Chargers pass defense, which, by any measure other than yards, is worse than the Patriots'. It's not a given that he'll perform well on Sunday.

Flacco had trouble against the Chargers pass defense, which, by any measure other than yards, is worse than the Patriots'. It's not a given that he'll perform well on Sunday.

Probability is.. he will be comfortable against what the Patriots have to offer.

If you can bring significant pressure with 4 linemen.. AND neutralize Ray Rice..well.. you might be golden.

If not.. it will be a long day for the Patriots.

As I said...

I am confident.

Probability is.. he will be comfortable against what the Patriots have to offer.

If you can bring significant pressure with 4 linemen.. AND neutralize Ray Rice..well.. you might be golden.

If not.. it will be a long day for the Patriots.

You see, and this is the rub....... I don't think you know enough about our defense. Your just buying into what the mediots are feeding you. I get it and all, it's what you want to hear. I think what you will find, if you actually took the time to look (I don't expect you will, but anyway....), you'd see a few things about our defense that should concern you.

1 - Pressure - Unlike years past, we actually have a significant pass rush. In fact, in the last 5-7 games, there is noone that is matching our sack totals. Granted, most teams we are playing are forced into drop back mode because they are playing to catch up. But still, many times this year, particularly in the last 5-6 weeks, when we dialed up pressure, we've been pretty effective against mediocre QBs (which you actually have).

2 - Interceptions - Say what you want about our other defensive stats, but we are 3rd overall in interceptions. Again..... much of the time teams are forced to heave it up so we have more opportunities, but we've actually feasted on QBs that have been inaccurate this year (be it by nature, or because of hurried throws). Among Flacco's big issues this year is his accuracy (he's at 57 for the season, down from his customary 62-63 in years prior).

Both of our "strengths" fall right into line with your weaknesses. Let's face it..... You are not going to win with Ray Rice alone. At some point, Flacco WILL HAVE TO make some plays. We may not have the most stout run defense, but we have enough of one that Rice won't own the whole game. If he does, you'll win easily. I suspect he'll get his 100 yds or so and perhaps catch a couple minimal gainers out of the backfield, but he won't be able to take the game over. Our defense isn't that bad.

Bottom line, Flacco is going to have to play MUCH BETTER then he has this season, or he is going to get picked off on an errant throw, or two. And if your offense gives Tom Brady and our offense 1-2 more drives to figure out what your defense is doing, and to exploit it..... The game could get out of hand.

I think the match up will be our defense against your offense....... Your D will limit Brady to probably 25-28 points (which would actually be not a bad showing for them). But I am supremely confident that our defense can hold your offense to 17-21.

Last edited:

As I said...

I am confident.

You must be an eternal optimist.

Flaccos playoff numbers are downright pitiful. Joe Flacco Playoffs Game Log - Pro-Football-Reference.com His best day ever was vs KC and the Chiefs lost Jamal Charles early in that game leaving Matt Cassel to fend for himself. Charlie Weis and Todd Haley were feuding over play calling and Haley stripped Weis of his OC duties at half time.

That was the only game where Flacco has passed for over 200 yards and a respectable completion %.

BTW, I predict Flacco will commit 2 turnovers (at least 1 INT) and that Harbaugh will make 1 foolish challenge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye