PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive line...

If you're factoring in durability, I suppose an argument can be made. Otherwise you're just being silly.

All the guys I listed at their best are better than Mankins at his best.

Durability and how much they actually played and at what level last season makes it no contest.

It's just guys like levitre and Mathis play on scrub teams, never play in prime time games and aren't widely recognized. Doesn't mean they aren't as good as Mankins who is all name and little substance.

All the guys I listed at their best are better than Mankins at his best.

Durability and how much they actually played and at what level last season makes it no contest.

It's just guys like levitre and Mathis play on scrub teams, never play in prime time games and aren't widely recognized. Doesn't mean they aren't as good as Mankins who is all name and little substance.

Completely and utterly wrong, but that's certainly your prerogative.

Completely and utterly wrong, but that's certainly your prerogative.

No I'm not. Anyone who actually watched last year could tell Mankins was not anywhere near elite. He hasn't been dominant since early 2010 pre-injury... Before Ellis took his manhood.

You're completely basing your opinion off idiot media members who have no idea how to evaluate ol play an think jake long is better than clady. And koppen is as good as Mack.

Beyond espn hype, name and the fact he plays for Brady, he really has nothing over any of the guys listed. He is overrated and overpaid top 10 guard.

Logan Mankins arguably decided the Superbowl this last season by taking out Justin Smith

No I'm not. Anyone who actually watched last year could tell Mankins was not anywhere near elite.

Gee, I wonder why.

He hasn't been dominant since early 2010 pre-injury... Before Ellis took his manhood.

Incorrect.

You're completely basing your opinion off idiot media members who have no idea how to evaluate ol play an think jake long is better than clady. And koppen is as good as Mack.

Thank you for telling me what I'm basing my opinion on. Any thoughts as to what I had for breakfast this morning?

Beyond espn hype, name and the fact he plays for Brady, he really has nothing over any of the guys listed. He is overrated and overpaid top 10 guard.

When healthy, Mankins is still one of the top guards in the league.

The only reason anyone would put Mankins over the five guys I listed is because of name and media based awards. I suppose it's possible you're being purposefully wrong to troll me though.

Mankins is no longer a dominant guard even when healthy. The fact he is never actually healthy just compounds the problem. He's above average and good but he's not elite, not dominant, overrated and grossly overpaid.

In 2011 he wasn't even the best guard on his own team.
In 2012 he was a shade better than Connolly.

Connolly has played almost as well as Mankins at the lg position while filing in for him when Mankins gets his annual serious injury.

The only reason anyone would put Mankins over the five guys I listed is because of name and media based awards. I suppose it's possible you're being purposefully wrong to troll me though.

Mankins is no longer a dominant guard even when healthy. The fact he is never actually healthy just compounds the problem. He's above average and good but he's not elite, not dominant, overrated and grossly overpaid.

Connolly has played almost as well as Mankins at the lg position while filing in for him when Mankins gets his annual serious injury.

This is pretty much complete and utter nonsense from start to finish. I'm certainly not trolling you; believe it or not, just because you believe something doesn't make you correct.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Haloti Ngata is one of the best DL of this era and he has played big game after big game against the Patriots over the course of his career, he's adamant that mankins is a great OL and a dominant player and his opinion of him carries weight, yours carries none, especially as it is abundantly clear that you are a Mankins hater, which makes your opinion of him irrelevant. Mankins is on a path to the HOF and regardless of what you think of him is one of the best OL in the game.

Haloti Ngata is one of the best DL of this era and he has played big game after big game against the Patriots over the course of his career, he's adamant that mankins is a great OL and a dominant player and his opinion of him carries weight, yours carries none, especially as it is abundantly clear that you are a Mankins hater, which makes your opinion of him irrelevant. Mankins is on a path to the HOF and regardless of what you think of him is one of the best OL in the game.

There is absolutely zero chance that Mankins makes it to the HOF.

The same player panel you're drawing your opinion off of, just voted Dwight Freeney as the 80th best player in the NFL last year LOL.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back