PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offensive Line.....WHY???

Status
Not open for further replies.

#56300ex

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
All I want to know is this, a few weeks ago, our O line slowed down the Giants enough to do the job. Why did they get spanked so bad last night? What the hell was the difference? If one of the coaches or the lineman can answer that question without a generic answer, I could probably sleep a little better than I did last night. I know, I know, they don't care how well I sleep. I'm just blowing off some steam

it's sad to see them cave in when all season they were known for giving brady so much time. It's also sad to see that they weren't able to execute a huge part of the game plan: Taking away their strongest link, which is obviously their pass rush.

All I want to know is this, a few weeks ago, our O line slowed down the Giants enough to do the job. Why did they get spanked so bad last night? What the hell was the difference? If one of the coaches or the lineman can answer that question without a generic answer, I could probably sleep a little better than I did last night. I know, I know, they don't care how well I sleep. I'm just blowing off some steam

Maybe the Giants figured out the Pat's O-line's "tells". Or maybe Hochstein going infor Neal was a huge problem. Or maybe this Giant DL is one of the best ever with the emergence of Tuck. Sucks in any event...

Thats what I'm saying. All I can hear is my ******* brother saying the Patriots have a guartnee win since the Giants beat the Packers...But why? Why did the O-line suck so bad last night? TO THE ******* GIANTS? The Patriots beat the Jaguars, Colts, the Giants 2 times...WHY! GOD I swear all those ****y ************s jynx themselves, 19-0 trademarks, talking **** to the Giants and everyone telling me oh the Patriots will win when for some reason in my head I had a BAD feeling about the superbowl. Don't ever ever get too ****y because that just pisses the other team off and jynxes the team. excuse me I'm gonna go cry now.

I was interested in this too. We know that in a basketball game, a team can just have several players all be cold at one time, or all be hot, or some mix. Football does not seem to have the same kind of arbitrariness from one time to the next.

So how could they look so bad and not be able to adjust?

Probably either scheming differences, or..more likely, differences in intensity

It just seemed to be a toughness thing. That D-line beat up the Pats. Was it lack of desire? Defensive schemes by Spagnola? Probably some of both. Brady also did not have his usual pocket mobility and did not side step sacks like he usually does. Light has always been overrated, it's hard to believe that he is a pro bowl caliber player. I wonder if Brady's ankle did hinder his movement just a bit...

Read a few 'expert' analyts (yeah take it with a grain of salt) & the consensus was Spagnuolo was mixing the blitz up / coming up thru the middle to make Koppen block straight on. Plus, the tackles were not getting help like before (week 17) with the edge speed rushers. Face it, Giants do have great edge speed rushers. PATS were not using double TE blocking like week 17 too.

I am still freakin out & wondering how come a Coach B / Brady offense can make the right adjustments and audibles ...especially in the 2nd half!!! I've never seen it in the last 2 years practically!!!I mean that is what they're known for right ?!!!!

Maybe the Giants figured out the Pat's O-line's "tells". Or maybe Hochstein going infor Neal was a huge problem. Or maybe this Giant DL is one of the best ever with the emergence of Tuck. Sucks in any event...

Hochstein played in the first game.

Probably either scheming differences, or..more likely, differences in intensity

Yes. Randy commented that the Giants played with a higher level of intensity.

Coughlin completely sold out on getting pressure. Besides the excellent front four, he rotated guys in and blitzed constantly.

Plus, they were playing out of their minds, cramping up from exertion.

We should have done what we did agains sanDiego and tun 2-3 tEs and/or Evans and pounded the ball a series or two. Then we could have beat on them and they could have collapsed leaving passing opportunities in th 3rd and 4th quarters.

We fell in love with the pass and continued it even thoughit played into the giants strength.

Their are only 5 linemen, no line in the world could have stopped the Giants, but other strategies than playing to their strength could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes